• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Finally K Shanmugam Comes Out with Silly Reasons to Fuck Malaysia and Indonesia

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone is missing the main point.

It is one thing to covertly gather intelligence about other countries for your own country, be it for legit national security or just for being a curious busybody.

It is another thing to be a lapdog for the USA and its NSA.

A line has been crossed.

Doesn't everybody already know SG is the USA's poodle? We aren't even the USA's bulldog like UK. Seriously with the kind of leaders we have now do we have a choice?

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You miss the point. Of course neighbours spy on one another; they take it for granted.

The issue here is that Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia are part of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM); that is, they're not allied to any major powers (officially). Moreover, they're bound together in a political alliance called ASEAN.

So it is a big no-no to help a major power – the world's superpower no less – spy on your own neighbours. Spying on neighbours for your own national interests is tolerated, but not spying as a stooge for a superpower, especially if your neighbours are not on the friendliest terms with that superpower.

How would you feel if your child helps an acquaintance spy on you, the parent, in exchange for money?

the m&ds would help other countries to spy on singapore if it suits their interests. go to hell with whatever political alliance. the bottom line is singapore got caught and have to suffer the possible political consequences.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
the m&ds would help other countries to spy on singapore if it suits their interests. go to hell with whatever political alliance. the bottom line is singapore got caught and have to suffer the possible political consequences.

The simple point is even if that were true, have they ever been caught? With their inferior tech? And yet our johnny english was. Who's the fool now?

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
i really think if it came to war handing over their heads will be easier than resisting any army

Friend, you'd have to find their heads first. I think they already figured out if ordinary Sinkies are going to lay down their lives for them and theirs.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my questions below.
1) why Singapore spy Malaysia and Indonesia on behalf of USA and Australia?
2) why doesn't Singapore spy Malaysia and Indonesia for itself on terrorist such as Mas Selamat and other cross border crimes related activities
3) if Singapore is so free and financial rich to spy on others, why doesn't Singapore spend the limited resources for its own sinkie?
4) why doesn't Singapore arrest Mas Selamat and other criminals instead of waiting for Malaysia to arrest our criminals?
5) if Malaysia and Indonesia are able to detect Singapore spy activities, why Singapore ISD fails to detect Malaysia and Indonesia spy activities on Singapore?

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
my questions below.
1) why Singapore spy Malaysia and Indonesia on behalf of USA and Australia?
2) why doesn't Singapore spy Malaysia and Indonesia for itself on terrorist such as Mas Selamat and other cross border crimes related activities
3) if Singapore is so free and financial rich to spy on others, why doesn't Singapore spend the limited resources for its own sinkie?
4) why doesn't Singapore arrest Mas Selamat and other criminals instead of waiting for Malaysia to arrest our criminals?
5) if Malaysia and Indonesia are able to detect Singapore spy activities, why Singapore ISD fails to detect Malaysia and Indonesia spy activities on Singapore?

I wouldn't speculate too much. "Allowing" does not mean we listened in as well alongside the US and Oz. I think Singapore leaders are pretty careful about such things. I am sceptical on other things but on this I cut them some slack. I believe on this one they are not being casual and are acting in Singapore's interests.

Last edited:

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Friend, you'd have to find their heads first. I think they already figured out if ordinary Sinkies are going to lay down their lives for them and theirs.
thats why they hired gurkhas. and acting in our interest or not they got caught. if you're incompetent intent does not matter in the end

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore poor foreign policy under Shanmugan and perhaps that is why Singapore wants to buy additional submarine?

Mindef buys 2 new submarines which will be delivered by 2020
http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...marines-which-will-be-delivered-2020-20131202

Singapore will for the first time buy brand new submarines. The Defence Ministry (Mindef) said in a statement on Monday that it inked a deal with German defence contractor Thyssenkrupp Marine System on Nov 29 to buy two Type 218SG vessels.

The contract includes a logistics package and the training of Singaporean crew in Germany. The new vessels, together with two second-hand Archer-class submarines, will replace four ageing Challenger-class submarines.

Mindef said that the Challenger-class vessels, which were built in the 1960s, will be progressively retired from service. The new vessels are expected to be delivered from 2020.

The decision to buy the new German-made submarines follows Defence Minister Ng Hen's comments in March about Mindef's plan to replace the Challenge submarines with new ones.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore poor foreign policy under Shanmugan and perhaps that is why Singapore wants to buy additional submarine?

Mindef buys 2 new submarines which will be delivered by 2020
http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...marines-which-will-be-delivered-2020-20131202

Singapore will for the first time buy brand new submarines. The Defence Ministry (Mindef) said in a statement on Monday that it inked a deal with German defence contractor Thyssenkrupp Marine System on Nov 29 to buy two Type 218SG vessels.

The contract includes a logistics package and the training of Singaporean crew in Germany. The new vessels, together with two second-hand Archer-class submarines, will replace four ageing Challenger-class submarines.

Mindef said that the Challenger-class vessels, which were built in the 1960s, will be progressively retired from service. The new vessels are expected to be delivered from 2020.

The decision to buy the new German-made submarines follows Defence Minister Ng Hen's comments in March about Mindef's plan to replace the Challenge submarines with new ones.

defence policy is secure cause of budget. Shamu has 2 jobs and knows not how to handles MFA

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally, after many hours of mid night old burning, the divorcee PAP Minister of Foreign Affair cum Law Minister come out with the reasons to debunk Malaysia and Indonesia on spy issues.
Please note that divorcee K Shame-mugan was very quick to comment on Chai Chee autie bashing and Dog killing issues but he is very slow to act on spy allegation. is this the PAP million dollars minister?
Neighbours know Singapore will not harm their interests: Shanmugam
http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...-will-not-harm-their-interests-shanmugam-2013
By Rachel Chang
Foreign Minister K Shanmugam gave his first comments on allegations that Singapore had spied on its neighbours, saying at The Straits Times' Global Forum on Friday that "the Indonesians and Malaysians know that we won't do anything to harm their interests".

He said that on intelligence matters, the Singapore Government will not confirm or deny any specific reports even if they are untrue, because the ensuing back-and-forth would be "never-ending".
"You cannot say, this is 5 per cent true or 95 per cent true, that we work with the Americans and Australians on this aspect of counter-terrorism but not this aspect. Never-ending. The point is that the Indonesians and Malaysians know that we won't do anything to harm their interests," he said.
Asked by moderator, ST editor Warren Fernandez, if the allegations that were published in an Australian newspaper this week would harm Singapore's bilateral ties with Indonesia and Malaysia, Mr Shanmugam said that it should not, as "what we do is known to all of us." The pressure of domestic politicking around the allegations would be stronger in Malaysia and Indonesia, but "that is not new and we just have to deal with it", he added,
After fixing Singaporeans, think they have decided to fix the neighbours too...
"PM Lee says countries worldwide respect and admire Singapore's proven system, 03 May 2006 1839 hrs (SST)"
- "Right now we have Low Thia Khiang, Chiam See Tong, Steve Chia. We can deal with them. Suppose you had 10, 15, 20 opposition members in Parliament. Instead of spending my time thinking what is the right policy for Singapore, I'm going to spend all my time thinking what's the right way to fix them, to buy my supporters votes, how can I solve this week's problem and forget about next year's challenges?"

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Will the submarines be wheel chair friendly:confused:

The old man might & his family might have run road in the future.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will the submarines be wheel chair friendly:confused:

The old man might & his family might have run road in the future.

Don't worry about them escaping by submarine.

A submarine is merely a metal coffin in a watery grave when it meets a torpedo.

Casio-SubmarineBattle.jpg