• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Finally Gahmen answers CPF questions! GIC invests on money from State, not CPF!

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From yesterday's Parliament, a lot of things were finally clarified.
Technically, GIC invests money from state, not our CPF!
Read more here:

http://www.fivestarsandamoon.com/revealed-for-the-first-time-how-gic-invests-state-funds/

So much obfuscation.

The fact remains ....we don't have enough money to retire because our CPF is not generating the average returns that safe ETF is producing.

$10k invested annually in CPF for a period of 30 years ends up at $450k, of which $300k is principal.
Same amount invested in S&P ETF for the same period will give you $1.3 million!
The difference is $800k!

Any savvy investor will give up on AAA rating guarantee for 500 percent more in profits! The S&P ETF is solid as a rock. If the US economy collapses, sinkapore will be swept along with it. So, the AAA rating makes no difference.

Many sinkees can retire comfortably but for the overpriced pigeon hole and the theft of our CPF returns.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
so much obfuscation.

The fact remains ....we don't have enough money to retire because our cpf is not generating the average returns that safe etf is producing.

$10k invested annually in cpf for a period of 30 years ends up at $450k, of which $300k is principal.
Same amount invested in s&p etf for the same period will give you $1.3 million!
The difference is $800k!

Any savvy investor will give up on aaa rating guarantee for 500 percent more in profits! The s&p etf is solid as a rock. If the us economy collapses, sinkapore will be swept along with it. So, the aaa rating makes no difference.

Many sinkees can retire comfortably but for the overpriced pigeon hole and the theft of our cpf returns.

simi backed by gov ?? Its no big deal being backed by any gov; they can always print money to pay you back.
Fiat money is backed only by other people's confidence.

I want my assets backed by gold ; silver and oil! Can the pap deliver this?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did NOT get what bugs me.... but noticed the coordinated efforts in parlement, press and TV
Repeat iies many times & they become truth.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I did NOT get what bugs me.... but noticed the coordinated efforts in parlement, press and TV
Repeat iies many times & they become truth.

Lies won't pay the bills. The "lesser mortals" won't forget & forgive on polling day.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MIW keep saying CPF is good for everyone. Then make it an option lah. Dont make it compulsory.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
what is the different between cpf and state money..isn't it the same?

another bullshit to snook sinkies...