• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Feng shui (geomancy) is the work of the devil"

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
logo.png

Published on South China Morning Post (http://www.scmp.com)

Home > Tony Chan embraces Christianity, rejects fung shui and is now Peter

[h=2]Tony Chan embraces Christianity, rejects fung shui and is now Peter[/h]Thursday, 07 March, 2013, 12:00am
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->News›Hong Kong

RELIGION

Tony Cheung [email protected]

Weeks before appearing in court to face forgery charges, former self-styled fung shui master Chan Chun-chuen has renounced geomancy for Christianity.
Chan was baptised at the Crossroad Community Baptist Church in Tsing Yi on Tuesday, after changing his name from Tony to Peter to symbolise a new life.
"This is the happiest day in my life," Chan told a radio host. "It felt like getting married, and I could tell everyone that I am a Christian."
This is the happiest day in my life. It felt like getting married, and I could tell everyone that I am a Christian
He also turned his back on geomancy, describing it as the work of the devil.
Charged with forgery over a purported will that he said left him the entire fortune of billionaire Nina Wang Kung Yu-sum, Chan said he was not afraid of going to jail: "Since I have received the greatest salvation … other things don't matter to me any more."
He will stand trial on April 22 while also facing claims of more than HK$430 million in unpaid taxes and legal costs.
Chan told Commercial Radio yesterday that the turning point came in March last year, when his Christian driver Henry Tam quit and gave him a Bible.
"When I held on to that Bible, I felt like paralysed … and warmth in my heart … so I asked Henry, 'can I have a meeting with a pastor?'" Chan said.
That was how he met Lam Yee-lok, who together with another pastor explained Christianity to him.
Chan claimed to have been fung shui adviser and boyfriend of Wang, late head of property developer Chinachem and one of the world's richest women, after she died of cancer at 69.
He challenged the Chinachem Charitable Foundation's claim to the estate under a 2002 will, saying a 2006 document gave the fortune to him. But a court ruled in 2011 that his document was a fake.
Rejecting fung shui, he said that if an adviser's prediction did not come true one might lose a few thousand dollars.
"But you have to be especially careful if they come true, because by creating such effects, the devil's motive is to lure people towards him," he said.
Chan, whose claims to have been Wang's lover made headlines, expressed regret at not having been a good husband.
About 70 friends and relatives attended the private baptism on Tuesday, including Chan's wife, Tam Miu-ching, who said her husband made "some progress".
"He has changed, becoming quieter, happier, and less agitated," Tam said. "We are more harmonious now, as he is spending more time with the kids."

<!-- /.node -->

Source URL (retrieved on Mar 7th 2013, 3:24pm): http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-christianity-rejects-fung-shui-and-now-peter

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will never hear this kinds of testimonies from people of other religions.

Inclusive of fengshui practitioners

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
we must go back in time to check whether fengshui come first before christ or after.

fengshui is actually a common sense way of living. even the angmos who couldn't solve their problems now seek the help of fengshui masters. in any professions, there are bound to be black sheep. there are more in the christian fraternity than any other. reference: kong hee fatt chye and more.