• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Feedback from a PAP volunteer

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a colleague who took one day leave to volunteer help PAP. As to why she did that I did not ask.

Being a fresh volunteer, she was given the easiest task - to go door to door and distribute the PAP leaflets and manifestos.

As she was going about her task, some doors were opened and she got to talk to the resident inside. Some residents gave her some feedback.

When she got back to the PAP branch office, she got to meet the PAP candidate (already an MP in the previous election). Being enthusiastic as she is, my colleague started telling the candidate the feedback she received from the residents as she was distributing the leaflets.

To her astonishment, the PAP candidate dismissed those feedback and said "Singaporeans worry too much and complain too much." The PAP candidate did not even bother to know which household gave the feedback. The PAP candidate then advised my colleague not to talk to the residents anymore as that may caused the PAP to lose votes.

My colleague felt quite disappointed and distasteful after that talk with the PAP candidate. This was the first time she volunteered to help the PAP and immediately she was put off. She had in fact applied for leave to help on other days but had since cancelled them all.

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
at long last, Ass Loong said the word 'sorry' @ boat quay rallie today ... if not for the threat from so many good opposition candidates this time around, the word 'sorry' is not in his vocab ...

anyway he's not sincere ... :cool:

happy to see PAP ministers/MPs HAVING TO FIGHT FOR THEIR RICE BOWLS like all of us in the corporate world ... :biggrin:

for once they taste the bitter taste of JOB INSECURITY ...

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a colleague who took one day leave to volunteer help PAP. As to why she did that I did not ask.

Being a fresh volunteer, she was given the easiest task - to go door to door and distribute the PAP leaflets and manifestos.

As she was going about her task, some doors were opened and she got to talk to the resident inside. Some residents gave her some feedback.

When she got back to the PAP branch office, she got to meet the PAP candidate (already an MP in the previous election). Being enthusiastic as she is, my colleague started telling the candidate the feedback she received from the residents as she was distributing the leaflets.

To her astonishment, the PAP candidate dismissed those feedback and said "Singaporeans worry too much and complain too much." The PAP candidate did not even bother to know which household gave the feedback. The PAP candidate then advised my colleague not to talk to the residents anymore as that may caused the PAP to lose votes.

My colleague felt quite disappointed and distasteful after that talk with the PAP candidate. This was the first time she volunteered to help the PAP and immediately she was put off. She had in fact applied for leave to help on other days but had since cancelled them all.

Who gives a flying fuck about what peasants have to say:mad:

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal

these money minded mp will never understand what we went througj

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at long last, Ass Loong said the word 'sorry' @ boat quay rallie today ... if not for the threat from so many good opposition candidates this time around, the word 'sorry' is not in his vocab ...

anyway he's not sincere ... :cool:

happy to see PAP ministers/MPs HAVING TO FIGHT FOR THEIR RICE BOWLS like all of us in the corporate world ... :biggrin:

for once they taste the bitter taste of JOB INSECURITY ...

Since this is a historic "sorry" moment, what exactly did he apologise for?
kam sia.