• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

famiLEE LEEgime issued Warrant of Arrest against CSJ who is in Taiwan for funeral

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually they did have a sort of a debate and they lost miserably. Remember the court case, where old man and his son got suckered into testifying when they did not have to as it was to assess damages.

Our PM on taxpayers time, did not take official leave to testify at a hearing on a private matter. Both son and old man looked towards Mr Singh their cousel for help when they realised they were drowning and looking silly line by line. Its was priceless.

The only other times that old man had to swallow his pride and ego when he tried to take on the NUS student, the Retuers young lady journalist and Ken Kwek who told him to retire. All these 4 instances were priceless. Someone should put all these together in a video clip and play every year on his birthday.

You are right, after all this, they will never again get suckered into a debate with Chee or anyone else. They will get their minions to do their bidding like the stupid judge who issued a arrest warrant when then the father-in-law died.

I have yet to see them take on Dr Chee is an open debate. I bet they wont dare.

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
The judge rejected Dr Chee's application without 1st asking for the evidence or hospital's letter or med cert, seems to indicate that this application will not be approved regardless of what med cert or supporting documents Dr Chee can produce. It seems that the judge / court will not be minded to consider any such application to delay the trial to allow Dr Chee's family to take care of sick and dying father in law.

Otherwise such medical cert or doctors' letter of hospital's letter would be the very first thing the court / judge will ask for. This is very logical.

Therefore the position of Singapore Court is very inhuman right from the very beginning. That is WE DON'T CARE IF YOUR FATHER-IN-LAW IS DYING, WE JUST WANT YOU IN COURT SO THAT WE CAN CONVICT YOU AND PUT YOU IN JAIL. BECAUSE YOU ARE CHEE SOON JUAN THE ENEMY.

It seems at least the AGC or prosecutor was at least interested in the Medical Certs or hospital's letters, but the judge / court was uninterested.

It further showed the position of court, not only did not as for hospital's letters 1st before rejecting the application, but by the fact that Warrant Arrest was then issued quickly, without prosecutor applying for it.

That shows that the judge Toh's position is I AM NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR APPLICATION, I WANT YOU IN COURT, YOU DON'T COME TO COURT, I ISSUE WARRANT TO HAVE YOU ARRESTED. Your father-in-law dying is your own problem, Period.

If Judge had 1st asked for the med cert when application was made, and Dr Chee had then failed to produce these necessary papers, then rejecting the application would be reasonable. However this is not the case.

Trial fixed for Wednesday, the old man died on Thursday. Then on Friday the court still insisted to arrest Dr Chee. That is proved that they are not fucking interested if his family member had died. They just want Dr Chee in court.

For a person to be absent from court trial, the judge is under the law empowered to issue a warrant to arrest the person and be brought to the court. But the judge who was impatient to get Dr Chee back to court issued warrant with bail, now that is amazing.

That seem to indicate that judge is not really interested in having Dr Chee in court, but rather to have S$1000 liability answered. Because if Dr Chee still don't go to court, then the bailiff will arrest the bailer, and forfeit the S$1000 bail. It that what the Singapore court is after? S$1000?

I checked and found out that Dr Chee in this case was charged for ATTEMPTING to hold procession at WB-IMF, the MAX FINE for this charge is only S$500, since max fine for holding unlawful procession is S$1000, the max fine for attempt to do so without really doing so is HALF of that under the law.

So from sorting to fine Dr Chee for S$500, they increased to bailing at S$1000?

And then the most interesting part is YOUR FAMILY MEMBER DIED IS YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

So Wednesday issued warrant, Friday deiced to stay the warrant. Next Monday then ask for the evidence supporting the application to postpone trial to be produced in court? :confused::confused::confused:

WOW! Amazing 1st world Singapore Court!

No wonder those people wear the KANGAROO T-SHIRTS!

And when you wear these T-shirts you go to jail also!

Lee Kuan Yew regime kept abusing powers, and even abuse power to force people to show a FAKED RESPECT towards them. So they are so desperate?

Gian Png?

The MAX liability for Dr Chee in the case of WB-IMF charge is just only S$500. For his father-in-law's hospitalization & funeral, his family flew around already spending thousands. Why Lee Kuan Yew regime disregard human live and family life this way? Why they sort for $500 fine this way?

We can see that Dr Chee and family is paying a big price to fight against Lee Kuan Yew regime. Even when their family members was ill and died, the bastard Lee Kuan Yew regime still harassed them shamelessly until this way.

:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Last edited:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Note also the disparity of pligh between JBJ and Chee. He still resides in his own home, drives a car, has frequent flyer points, travels often. Something some Singaporeans are not priviliged to have. One of of us is certainly blind and I suppose I am the insensitive chaps.

This actually makes me wonder, is chee really a bankrupt?

I really wonder how could chee, a bankrupt, able to have so much cash for all these expenses when any normal bankrupt singaporean would actually be at the mercy of OA.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
This actually makes me wonder, is chee really a bankrupt?

I really wonder how could chee, a bankrupt, able to have so much cash for all these expenses when any normal bankrupt singaporean would actually be at the mercy of OA.

Jealous issit? when all you have is a big cheebye mouth!...lol....lol no wonder you are so stupid!

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jealous issit? when all you have is a big cheebye mouth!...lol....lol no wonder you are so stupid!

So are you saying that Chee is above all else when he claim to be fighting for democracy and singapore and yet had shown he is not willing to suffer like any normal singaporean?

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
So are you saying that Chee is above all else when he claim to be fighting for democracy and singapore and yet had shown he is not willing to suffer like any normal singaporean?

Ghandi did not have a wife who is a professional thus has as good earning power as any of the PAP cocksucking MP doctors. In any case in this day and age, even if Dr.Chee moves around in a loin cloth, spin yarn and wash up people's toilets, you think that'll move the Lee regime? Lee Kuan Yew Is a fucking Chinese in case you are "wondering!"

csjcsjcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Dr Chee is not too concerned about the arrest warrant nor the fine nor the bails. Fortunately he left to Taiwan few days before his father in law past away, instead of waiting around for Kangaroo Court's permit. Otherwise he will miss chance to see father in law for very last time and regret for the rest of life.

Only a coward ridiculous PAP will do such thing to reject a reasonable and unfortunate request like this. Can not postpone a $500 case when some family member is dying? Pay you the $500 on the spot lah! So hard up is it?

This PAP govt is completely selfish and coward. Their double standard can break world records repeatedly and all the way.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Dr Chee is not too concerned about the arrest warrant nor the fine nor the bails. Fortunately he left to Taiwan few days before his father in law past away, instead of waiting around for Kangaroo Court's permit. Otherwise he will miss chance to see father in law for very last time and regret for the rest of life.

Only a coward ridiculous PAP will do such thing to reject a reasonable and unfortunate request like this. Can not postpone a $500 case when some family member is dying? Pay you the $500 on the spot lah! So hard up is it?

This PAP govt is completely selfish and coward. Their double standard can break world records repeatedly and all the way.

If u miss the chance to see a last glance at your loved ones,u will regret the rest of your life. Lucky Chee managed to see his father-in-law for the last time.It's a tragedy for singaporeans to be controlled by a cruel , hypocritical and blood-sucking regime !

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
My condolences to Dr. Chee and his family.

The establishment is looking very silly by the day with all these happenings. The SPH has done a great service to PAP govt by not mentioning this in the newspapers as they usually would. Singaporeans may be apathetic to political bickering between the establishment and SDP members like Dr. Chee, but when it comes to such compensionate situation, it will definitely raise high emotoinal kneejerk actions from the ground.

I am reading Chinese history all over again recently and relearning the danger of absolute POWER. Throughout the history of ancient and modern China, there are ample signs that almost all Emperors were corruptable with the absolute power they held. Even great Emperors who have performed very well in the beginning, tend to be corrupted and engulfed by the very power they held. Not many people in history could really defend themselves against the power they held. Most of them thought that other people are their enemies but the greatest enemy is the power that they held.

Goh Meng Seng

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
sympathy for CSJ? sure, why not. but showing compassion just cause his in-law died? how many people really even LIKE their in-laws. doesn't sound like they were ever close. obviously trying to buy time for himself. he's doing whatever he can to survive another day. can't blame him for that.

if i was him, faced so many failures against the big bad man, i would had stayed in USA and never come back. but this guy... i mean Dr CSJ... he might have more fighting spirit than JBJ. gotta at least buy the man a beer for that.

Mohd_Ah_LEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is rather obvious that all these years Dr. Chee and his family had been suffering from the PAP govt's brutal hands that put him under country arrest. The sufferings does not limit to those in Singapore but also those from overseas. And they went to an extend so far that even dead man can not have Rest In Peace. Arrest my ass! Fuck Lee Kuan Yew & PAP CHOW CB :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

PUI!

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
My view is that we should keep a logical and sensible mindset in regards to this issue, and not to place to much emphasis on CSJ himself. The main problem here is to see how the government is treating their 'enemy'; because this 'enemy' can be anyone else in Singapore.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest development today in court 19, 11am, (I was 10mins late, I tot the schedule was 1130, no warrant was issued to arrest me :p)

1. Death cert of late Mr. Huang was received by court.

2. Warrant of Arrest against Dr CSJ was set aside by same district judge Toh who issued it.

3. Judge said there was some oversight in this matter on their part during last week.

4. Trial is postponed but a date have to be fixed on this Thursday's further mentioning after Dr CSJ is able to fax paper to prove the schedule of funeral and his return flight booking.

5. Tomorrow's mentioning is canceled.

6. SPH has 1 reporter sitting in court.

I welcome the change setting aside the warrant of arrest.

:wink::cool:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done, Clearly the judge was scared being villified for issuing a warrant of arrest without thinking and now he claims its oversight. I wonder what the oversight is - does not the meaning of death, father-in-law etc.

If I was Chee I would make a press release to the world press stating the following;
- the anguish, the agony when they could not set aside the court dates
- the refusal the court officials to handle an emergency matter when the person in charge is on leave
- the additonal cost making travel arrangements because of this debacle
- demand an apology for this deplorable situation

The court got their pound of flesh in the Belinda Ang case and now they have give him his pound of flesh. If they were truly following the rules and spirit of the law and the procedures which always claim to have, they must concede this as victimisation, treating a citizens in a disgusting manner in his hour of need. Fucking arseholes that they are.

Latest development today in court 19, 11am, (I was 10mins late, I tot the schedule was 1130, no warrant was issued to arrest me :p)

1. Death cert of late Mr. Huang was received by court.

2. Warrant of Arrest against Dr CSJ was set aside by same district judge Toh who issued it.

3. Judge said there was some oversight in this matter on their part during last week.

4. Trial is postponed but a date have to be fixed on this Thursday's further mentioning after Dr CSJ is able to fax paper to prove the schedule of funeral and his return flight booking.

5. Tomorrow's mentioning is canceled.

6. SPH has 1 reporter sitting in court.

I welcome the change setting aside the warrant of arrest.

:wink::cool:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Disgraceful. Yap mentioned there were reporters in court but SPH must have realised that it was going to be egg on the face of the PAP. Fucking prostitutes at Toa Payoh Brothel.

The establishment is looking very silly by the day with all these happenings. The SPH has done a great service to PAP govt by not mentioning this in the newspapers as they usually would. Singaporeans may be apathetic to political bickering between the establishment and SDP members like Dr. Chee, but when it comes to such compensionate situation, it will definitely raise high emotoinal kneejerk actions from the ground.

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://yoursdp.org/index.php/compon...laws-funeral-judge-rescinds-warrant-of-arrest

Chee in Taiwan for in-law’s funeral, judge rescinds warrant of arrest
Monday, 29 June 2009
Singapore Democrats

judge-toh-yung-cheong.jpg

District Judge Toh Yung Cheong (photo) had issued a warrant of arrest for Dr Chee Soon Juan who is presently in Taiwan for his father-in-law’s funeral but rescinded it earlier today. Judge Toh issued the warrant last Wednesday, 24 June 2009, the day the hearing for the trial over the WB-IMF protest in 2006 was to resume.

Dr Chee did not appear in court that day as he had left for Taiwan four days earlier because his father-in-law was dying.

He had applied for an adjournment before he left but Judge Toh rejected the request and ordered that the hearing proceed as scheduled. Dr Chee then asked to see Mr Toh in person but was told that the Judge was on vacation.

He then asked to see the Pre-Trial Conference Judge Mr Liew Thiam Leng to make the urgent application. Judge Liew refused. The SDP leader then asked to see the Duty Registrar but was told that this was not possible.

Dr Chee had earlier obtained clearance from the Official Assignee to travel to Taiwan. The OA’s office had rejected a similar application in 2006 to see his ailing father-in-law.

Co-defendants Mr Gandhi Ambalam and Ms Chee Siok Chin made another appeal to see Mr Toh on Dr Chee’s behalf on Monday, 22 June but the Judge refused to see them.

When the trial resumed on 24 June, another appeal was made. The Judge again rejected this and issued a warrant of arrest for the SDP secretary-general. The rest of the defendants were told to return to court on 26 June.

In the meantime Dr Chee’s father-in-law passed away on 25 June.

The judge was informed about this when parties went back to court on the 26th. The defence asked on Dr Chee's behalf that he be allowed to stay on to attend the funeral. Again Judge Toh refused. "The warrant of arrest still stands," he ordered.

Dr Chee explained that his request was not unreasonable and that he would have to stay on in Taiwan to see through familial obligations. He would face the consequences upon his return. He just wanted to make arrangements to ensure that his children would be brought home safely should he be arrested at the airport.

This morning, however, Judge Toh reversed his decision and cancelled the warrant. He told the defendants that the court had not asked for the documentary proof of the death when it should have. Due to this oversight and now that he had been furnished with the proof, the Judge decided to withdraw the warrant of arrest for Dr Chee.

New dates will be picked for the on-going trial.