• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

False tale stirs online outrage

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
20100309.080150_gopalannair_st.jpg

A BLOG post by a former Singaporean, claiming that Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew had suffered a serious heart attack, incurred the wrath of netizens.

The post by Mr Gopalan Nair, a lawyer who gave up his Singapore citizenship in 2005 and now lives in the United States, created a stir in cyberspace on Sunday night and much of yesterday.

The buzz died down when he wrote another post admitting it was a hoax, but many netizens continued to fume.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
There will be REAL boycotts and riots if JACK NEO's current episode is indeed A PUBLICITY STUNT.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best is Temasekreview who ran the story and now have to U-turn and change the article. They must be hoping that no one noticed...:biggrin:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this guy's claim has cause the Singapore Exchange stocks to collapse, short sell than buy at low, before saying it is a hoax. It will benefit some investors. Wasted!

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh! wtf, I thought it's true and I had sold all my stocks, CCB!!!
If this guy's claim has cause the Singapore Exchange stocks to collapse, short sell than buy at low, before saying it is a hoax. It will benefit some investors. Wasted!