• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Failure of Viv. Balakrisnan to resolve the Table Tennis Controversy

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the table tennis controversy first erupted in Beijing. Viv Balakrishnan gave an understaking to conduct an inquiry into the matter in order to resolve it.

Though he did not mention terms of reference, clearly these would have been it among others.

1) Why were there no coaches at the game when Singapore's number 1 male seed was playing. Ever heard of any game where the coach is absent, may it be soccer, fencing or water polo.

2) What were the responsibilities of the coaches

3) Conduct of Officials at the game including Lee Bee Wah

Except for taking that silly women to task who till today does not know that there are a million ways to skin a cat, nothing else has been resolved.

Was Liu Guadong showing SNOC bigwigs around Beijing as rummoured by many. Who are the big shots that Viv Balakrisnan fears.

Liu Guadong continues to behave as thought he has no obligation to all his charges despite being appointed head coach.

One PRC joker throwing tantrums making a fool of a minister, an ex-minister, parliamentary sec, an MP and a close of relative of the Lee Clan and the whole country.

Poor form by Viv Balarishnan. The million dollar question continues - where was his on that fateful day. Which VIP was his chaperoning.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The exact quote of the Minister after Lee Bee Wah apologised at the press conference.

“I can announce quite categorically that the crisis is over.”

amoeba69

Alfrescian
Loyal
I lost all respect for him after his famous "people will die if we allow bar top dancing" speech in parliment years ago.

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is going to be an INTERNATIONAL JOKES soon...which country in the world for all the past OLYMPIC games , whereby when a country got a silver medal...instead of a concerted action of celebration..we embroiled into NON-STOP controversies, bickerings, fracas after fracas....
ARE WE A MATURE FIRST WORLD NATION !!!!!!!!!we cant even conduct in the right manner as the rest of the world does.......
Our leaders MUST shown leadership by example....THAT WE ,,THE LEADERS AND THE PEOPLE ARE A MATURE LOT.............
Else,,,singapore will be a FIRST WORLD laughing stocks.........
SAD SAD SAD SAD ............

creamong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is going to be an INTERNATIONAL JOKES soon...which country in the world for all the past OLYMPIC games , whereby when a country got a silver medal...instead of a concerted action of celebration..we embroiled into NON-STOP controversies, bickerings, fracas after fracas....
ARE WE A MATURE FIRST WORLD NATION !!!!!!!!!we cant even conduct in the right manner as the rest of the world does.......
Our leaders MUST shown leadership by example....THAT WE ,,THE LEADERS AND THE PEOPLE ARE A MATURE LOT.............
Else,,,singapore will be a FIRST WORLD laughing stocks.........
SAD SAD SAD SAD ............

We are first world? You're kidding, right?

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I lost all respect for him after his famous "people will die if we allow bar top dancing" speech in parliment years ago.

Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> "If you want to dance on a bar top, some of us will fall off the bar Top. Some people will die as a result of liberalising bar top dancing¡_ a young girl with a short skirt dancing on it may attract some insults from some other men, the boyfriend will start fighting and some people will die." - Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

:biggrin:

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> "If you want to dance on a bar top, some of us will fall off the bar Top. Some people will die as a result of liberalising bar top dancing¡_ a young girl with a short skirt dancing on it may attract some insults from some other men, the boyfriend will start fighting and some people will die." - Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

:biggrin:

People will die if we allow ass poking lol.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not surprising! It proves what we know all along- these elites are all kiasi and kiasu! Everything must go according to the script. :biggrin:

ScarFace

Alfrescian
Loyal
The art of Taichi in motion. Ministar cannot afford to be dragged into this saga. He needs to keep his star burning brightly. :biggrin:

Ministar wannabe (LBW) monkey-see-monkey-do.

To think that the indiscretion of one of their own could sully our Sinkapoor name, and that all our elite heavenly stars are strangely silent on the matter, is an utter shame on our collective dignity.

Where is our National Leadership! We are in the midst of an unprecedented economic calamity for goodness sake! :mad:

ScarFace

Alfrescian
Loyal
20080826.101927_table_tennis.jpg

Tue, Aug 26, 2008
The Straits Times, AsiaOne

Full review of table-tennis manager incident promised

SPORTS Minister Vivian Balakrishnan yesterday promised a full review of the episode that has left the fate of two Singapore table tennis officials in the balance.

Speaking to reporters after the Olympic Team reception at Raffles City Shopping Centre yesterday, he said he would look into the controversy over Singapore Table Tennis Association president Lee Bee Wah's remarks that team manager Antony Lee's services were no longer required.

She also said last weekend that the future of head coach Liu Guodong would be left to a coaching committee to decide.

"I am very concerned with the way it is spinning out of control because I don't want a situation where people say things or do things which destroy relationships," the Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports told the local media.

VeryWise

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a poser. If the coach is local, would you think the incident will blow up till this scale? Will the local coach just accept anything that is meted out to him? Kinda give me this thought that locals will just suffer in silence, at least if it's against the "immortals".

creamong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tue, Aug 26, 2008

SPORTS Minister Vivian Balakrishnan yesterday promised a full review of the episode that has left the fate of two Singapore table tennis officials in the balance.

Speaking to reporters after the Olympic Team reception at Raffles City Shopping Centre yesterday, he said he would look into the controversy over Singapore Table Tennis Association president Lee Bee Wah's remarks that team manager Antony Lee's services were no longer required.

She also said last weekend that the future of head coach Liu Guodong would be left to a coaching committee to decide.

"I am very concerned with the way it is spinning out of control because I don't want a situation where people say things or do things which destroy relationships," the Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports told the local media.

So how now?

jesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Liu Guadong continues to behave as thought he has no obligation to all his charges despite being appointed head coach.

One PRC joker throwing tantrums making a fool of a minister, an ex-minister, parliamentary sec, an MP and a close of relative of the Lee Clan and the whole country.

This Liu has bandied freely two names in SNOC - Ng Ser Miang and Tan Eng Liang. It is clear this two are backing Liu.

It seems Viv is wary of this two. Liu appears to be a willing pawn and tool in an internal struggle within the ministry and SNOC bigwigs.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
His credibility is shot to pieces.

Viv Balakrisnan made those statements without knowing what the Manager Anthony Lee and the Head Coach Liu was doing. If he had known, he would have kept quiet.

When Anthony Lee was sacked, SNOC and Ng Ser Miang came to hisrescue and he is now with them.

Liu is bold and behaving like a spoilt kid because he knows that they will not reveal what he was doing for certain VIP.

Tue, Aug 26, 2008

[/COLOR][/B].

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both Teo Ser Luck and he are looking like clowns.

I understand that Lee Bee Wah wants this to go to court so things will fall out more clearly.

This Liu has bandied freely two names in SNOC - Ng Ser Miang and Tan Eng Liang. It is clear this two are backing Liu.

It seems Viv is wary of this two. Liu appears to be a willing pawn and tool in an internal struggle within the ministry and SNOC bigwigs.