• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Facebook hit by 'phishing'

Katana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Dec 7, 2009

Facebook hit by 'phishing'

THE next time you see a close friend announcing a good deal on Facebook, beware: It might be a trick hatched by hackers. The high-traffic social-networking website is the latest tool that hackers are using to 'phish', that is, to steal personal information to carry out online fraud. Publishing editor Eric Pang, 26, realised that something was wrong with his Facebook account two months ago when it kept posting sham messages on his wall and his friends' walls in his name. They were typically exclamations that encouraged users to click on a web link. Examples include 'I can't believe this woman lost so much weight! facebookhealth4.com', or 'I made $1,285 today working online! You guys have to check out WorkHomeDream.net to get started too!' In May this year, Reuters reported that hackers launched 'phishing' attacks on 200 million users on Facebook. -- MY PAPER