• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exotic food which many of you may have not tasted..

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Watched those taiwan shows where the hosts go to Laos to eat this, it's used as a dip for meat or vegeatables.
They grin and bear it, since they are the hosts of the show. But it's obvious they want to vomit.

The world is so big right bro. was on holiday in Laos last year and saw the native cooking it, I faster run away:biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
The world is so big right bro. was on holiday in Laos last year and saw the native cooking it, I faster run away:biggrin:

That's one of the shows, the host is a chiobu yazi, poor girl, she also had to grin and bear it.
There was another show, can't remember the title and host now.
Even if we visit the country, there's no reason why we should eat it because the locals do.
Never believed in trying everything exotic, just because it's new or eaten by people in another country.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's one of the shows, the host is a chiobu yazi, poor girl, she also had to grin and bear it.
There was another show, can't remember the title and host now.
Even if we visit the country, there's no reason why we should eat it because the locals do.
Never believed in trying everything exotic, just because it's new or eaten by people in another country.

The world is beautiful or world number 1.

jw5

Loyal
Are crocodile and ostrich meat considered exotic?
They are both available in some zhi char stalls, but not sure whether they are worth trying and worth the price.
Any recommendations on places and the prices?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tasted pig brain soup before when young.. Back then my late Ah Ma would cook for me and my brother when our exams were around the corner.. I don't really like the taste of it..

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Could be either of the 2 bro.............................
I enjoy watching most Taiwan variety programs.
Me too, especially the makan and travel show.
I tasted pig brain soup before when young.. Back then my late Ah Ma would cook for me and my brother when our exams were around the corner.. I don't really like the taste of it..
I ate that before, after that vomit the whole day. Imagine people can also pay and eat live monkey brain, dunno which country I forget Liao.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I ate that before, after that vomit the whole day. Imagine people can also pay and eat live monkey brain, dunno which country I forget Liao.

Snake meat is another one I avoid.. Anything to do with snakes, I run fast fast..:o:o:o

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Me too, especially the makan and travel show.

its China lah. the Cantonese love monkey brain!!! they will shave the monkey scalp and lock the monkey under the table. the scalp will be protruding through a hole from the table. then they will heat up the floor where the monkey stand and the monkey will kpkb and jumping around, all these while with the scalp lock to the table. they believe due to the heating up of the feet, it increase the blood circulation. now it is the best time to eat, so they will use a hammer to hit the scalp and remove the scalp and eat the brain while the monkey is struggling from the heat below. fresh, alive and kicking.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pig's tongues :
tongue.jpg

Noses :
nose.jpg

Penises :
dick.jpg

These are the stuffs which i beLieve no Gen-Y dares ! ...:biggrin:

pig's tongues still available at some kuai chuk stall. i think got one at TPY still serve pig's tongue.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Pig brain fried with egg is quite nice.

pig's tongues still available at some kuai chuk stall. i think got one at TPY still serve pig's tongue.

Yes, at lorong 8 market.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some one mentioned balut in other threads.

Thais, laotians, Khmer people eat host of insects.

Last time people swallow live newborn mice to cure asthma.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
These are the stuffs which i beLieve no Gen-Y dares ! ...:biggrin:

don't say Gen Y, some of my younger cousins, nephews and nieces don't even dare touch ter kwa!
pig's tongue not bad, me like the ears, hoon teng (粉肠), suey teng (小肠), bak puey (肉皮), the blood, the kidney, the trotters, and the tail!