• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex PM Goh Chok Tong and SC Tan Choo Leng must be extremely sad to see his son Goh Jin Hian attending multiple civil and criminal court cases

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you believe in God, swear. If you don't, affirm (your statement is true) under oath.

Both have the same effect - you die a violent death if it's untrue, and your descendants born as female will become prostxxxtes.
In this case, to be fair, everyone in court need to swear a violent death if is not true, including the judge.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this case, to be fair, everyone in court need to swear a violent death if is not true, including the judge.
The judge neither alleges nor denies. He decides what is true or untrue, not asserts what is true or untrue.

In other words, he does not have to prove anything. So he does not need to swear.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The judge neither alleges nor denies. He decides what is true or untrue, not asserts what is true or untrue.

In other words, he does not have to prove anything. So he does not need to swear.
Judge is still a human not a machine or God so by right he need to swear also.
Eg if he says gansiokbin is a slut then how?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Judge is still a human not a machine or God so by right he need to swear also.
Eg if he says gansiokbin is a slut then how?
You didn't get my point.

If the judge swears, it's not during the trial. It's when he was first appointed as a judge, like your National Service.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
是的 了解 谢谢师爷
You watched too many TVB legal dramas liao.

Singapore has no 师爷. 师爷 exists in a split legal profession like Hong Kong, where lawyers are split between 大状 (barrister) and 事务律师 (solicitor). 大状 is a litigation expert and has rights of audience (can appear) in High Court and above, unlike 事务律师 whose rights of audience is limited to lower courts. However, 大状 gets his clients via referral from 事务律师, and 大状 cannot solicit clients directly. This is where 师爷 comes into play. 师爷 works for 事务律师 and when a case is referred to 大状, 师爷 often steps into the shoes of the 事务律师 and acts as the intermediary between 大状 and the client.

In Singapore, even a qualified lawyer without a valid practicing certificate cannot give advice publicly (ask 鼎哥), let alone a fucking legally unqualified 师爷。 In other words, 师爷 is non-existent in Singapore. :confused:

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore has no 师爷. 师爷 exists in a split legal profession like Hong Kong, where lawyers are split between 大状 (barrister) and 事务律师 (solicitor). 大状 is a litigation expert and has rights of audience (can appear) in High Court and above, unlike 事务律师 whose rights of audience is limited to lower courts. However, 大状 gets his clients via referral from 事务律师, and 大状 cannot solicit clients directly. This is where 师爷 comes into play. 师爷 works for 事务律师 and when a case is referred to 大状, 师爷 often steps into the shoes of the 事务律师 and acts as the intermediary between 大状 and the client.

In Singapore, even a qualified lawyer without a valid practicing certificate cannot give advice publicly (ask 鼎哥), let alone a fucking legally unqualified 师爷。 In other words, 师爷 is non-existent in Singapore. :confused:
Many years ago I was fascinated by this movie

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal

I indeed have watched many tvb legal drama.
But I gave you the title of 师爷 is becos I can relate you to some of the character of the drama. Prior to your legal guidance, I was not sure in sg legal front is there any 师爷 and thought maybe will have some equivalent but not named as 师爷 :wink:

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I indeed have watched many tvb legal drama.
But I gave you the title of 师爷 is becos I can relate you to some of the character of the drama. Prior to your legal guidance, I was not sure in sg legal front is there any 师爷 and thought maybe will have some equivalent but not named as 师爷 :wink:
In the latest TVB legal drama 法言人,Kenneth Ma played the role of a 师爷 who pulled the strings behind the scene and his court prowess was even better than the barristers.

It was an epic failure because Kenneth Ma's voice sounds like 无厘头.

1723612413035.jpeg

MaximiLian

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never was because Andy Lau, although handsome, lacks that educated look for a British barrister.

He cannot act as hero (赵子龙) because he 没有男子汉; he cannot act as doctor or lawyer because he looks uneducated.

i tink andy lau iz good in 见龙卸甲. an underrated movie n performance.

lostvirgin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is TT Durai still fucking Senior Cunt Tan?

If that whore spent more time breastfeeding her son instead of spreading her hole for Durai, maybe he would turn out different.

Last edited:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the latest TVB legal drama 法言人,Kenneth Ma played the role of a 师爷 who pulled the strings behind the scene and his court prowess was even better than the barristers.

It was an epic failure because Kenneth Ma's voice sounds like 无厘头.

View attachment 204248
I only watched a few episodes of this.
KNN they want to portray Kenneth ma as witty endup in the drama the 大庄 all like useless kind needing his advices. Kenneth might as well double up his role as the 大庄