• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ERP Charges at 10.10pm !!!!!!!!!!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The gantry on CTE charges you for travelling away from the city up to 10:30pm.

There's no such thing as "away" from the city in sinkiepoor. The whole island is one big city. ERP charges are for USE of the roads regardless of where you are heading.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's no such thing as "away" from the city in sinkiepoor. The whole island is one big city. ERP charges are for USE of the roads regardless of where you are heading.

lately 'you twit':eek: had been conspicuously missing from your reply

somebody taught you some degree of courtesy or what :confused::confused:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's no such thing as "away" from the city in sinkiepoor. The whole island is one big city.

Don't argue on semantics lah. Talk to any singaporean and they will know where the "city" refers to.

ERP charges are for USE of the roads regardless of where you are heading.

That's LTA's thinking and it deviates from the original objective of the ERP. Toll charges are supposed to alleviate the traffic jam problem, not to prevent people from driving altogether. The ERP system is supposed to act as pressure valves to regulate traffic volume during on and off peak times. When it starts charging people during off peak times leaving high volume areas, then something is fucked up.

TNP(Tua Neh Pau)

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is from LTA website:

What is ERP

Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) is an electronic system of road pricing based on a pay-as-you-use principle. It is designed to be a fair system as motorists are charged when they use the road during peak hours.

LTA reviews the traffic conditions on the expressways and roads, where the ERP system is in operation, on a quarterly basis and during the June and December school holidays.

After the review, the ERP rates would then be adjusted where necessary to minimise congestion on the roads. ERP has been effective in maintaining an optimal speed range of 45 to 65 km/h for expressways and 20 to 30 km/h for arterial roads.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/motoring_matters/index_motoring_erp.htm

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The gantry on CTE charges you for travelling away from the city up to 10:30pm.

That expressway not CDB gate la.
If can afford to drive but cannot afford to pay ERP really make me laugh. Petrol consumption/parking fee are more expensive than ERP.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ha? The gantry is on northbound CTE, around jalan behagia(?) i think. I didn't say it is at CBD.

And the fact that the charge is less than parking/petrol doesn't make it justifiable. That ERP charge serves no purpose other than funding its own operation.

TNP(Tua Neh Pau)

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who travel that road, there are at least 4 cars every second going thru the ERP. Meaning $2 per second.

Guess how much it makes?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is hell lot for $0.50 per car.

You have to count average ERP toll charge. Some peak hour $3. There are loory/taxi/bus and motorbike all need to calculate. Base on my own estimate the figure are about $50/month/more. That only for ERP .
Gov collect more from Fuel tax plus GST ( total fuel tax plus GST is 36%) and parking charge both I estimate more than $200m/month.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is hell lot for $0.50 per car.

You have to count average ERP toll charge. Some peak hour $3. There are loory/taxi/bus and motorbike all need to calculate. Base on my own estimate the figure are about $50/month/more. That only for ERP .
Gov collect more from Fuel tax plus GST ( total fuel tax plus GST is 36%) and parking charge both I estimate more than $200m/month.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is from LTA website:

What is ERP

Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) is an electronic system of road pricing based on a pay-as-you-use principle. It is designed to be a fair system as motorists are charged when they use the road during peak hours.

LTA reviews the traffic conditions on the expressways and roads, where the ERP system is in operation, on a quarterly basis and during the June and December school holidays.

After the review, the ERP rates would then be adjusted where necessary to minimise congestion on the roads. ERP has been effective in maintaining an optimal speed range of 45 to 65 km/h for expressways and 20 to 30 km/h for arterial roads.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/motoring_matters/index_motoring_erp.htm

hi there

1. bro, in no time.
2. the 24-hr thing is also some peak hours here.
3. fair system,my foot is fair man!

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
2. the 24-hr thing is also some peak hours here.

I have also predicted this, that would be a very likely reality in the future. Different rates for different hours. Midnight rates and all. We all hope that would be a killer app deterrent addressing the current overwhelming presence of cars on the roads where buyers to the astoudment of all, consistently defy steeper ERP and COE charges.

So what would probably happen is: either the number of cars driven by those economic pretenders cut down drastically, or these same people would be more down-to-earth and use bicycles instead like in the 80s and 90s Communist China, which is a cheap and reasonable form of transportation.

On its own a bicycle has no further liability charges other than lock and the occasional tire changes and inflations, it is light, it could be carried around, and it could be used for long-distance travelling. Furthermore most accidents involving pedestrians and bicycles are non-fatal.

This also saves lives and the unnecessary work of hospital staff who are busy all the time attending to all sorts of patients every day of the year.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Close down all the ERP, start charging people driving like using a mobile phone. $10/hr peak, $0.50/hr off peak. Could also do a monthly package in terms of distances a well. 500km/month for $1K.