• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ebay question, help needed

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I a little embarrassed to ask a few question about ebay, please help me,

1. Are goods in ebay sold by ebay company or by individuals?

2. Are goods in ebay new or used?

3. What happened if something you buy from ebay don't work, say you buy a Furby for example.

4. Is it really safe buying from ebay?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
  1. Both companies and individuals sell through eBay.
  2. Both new and used goods are sold on eBay. Sellers are required to mark their goods as either and to describe the condition.
  3. It depends on the listing. If they claim it to be in working order, you should ask for it to be replaced or refunded. If the seller states at the outset that it is sold as is, then too bad.
  4. It is never completely safe buying from anyone but my experiences so far have been good, and I've bought quite a wide variety of things from eBay. The sellers are very keen to get favourable ratings from buyers so most of them will bend over backwards to please you.

Hope this helps.

I a little embarrassed to ask a few question about ebay, please help me,

1. Are goods in ebay sold by ebay company or by individuals?

2. Are goods in ebay new or used?

3. What happened if something you buy from ebay don't work, say you buy a Furby for example.

4. Is it really safe buying from ebay?

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. ...... The sellers are very keen to get favourable ratings from buyers so most of them will bend over backwards to please you.

Hope this helps.

Can share what you can ask in addition to the product being sold that the eller will bend over backwards to please you?

Seriously, I thought if buyer ok with price and the terms, either buyer buy or just ignore?

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If sellers get a neutral or negative feedback from a buyer, it seriously affects their credibility and the sellers would find themselves ignored. In really bad cases of misrepresentation, eBay will refund the buyers from the insurance all sellers must buy. The sellers can then get ejected, if I'm not wrong.

Two personal examples. I once bought a piece of costume jewellery from someone in HK. An entire month passed and it still hadn't arrived (partly because it was shipped from China). I wrote to the seller asking about it. Within 5 minutes, he replied to my email saying he would send a replacement. He also requested that if two should arrive later, that I send the extra one back. Two did arrive within a week of the exchange and I sent one back.

Another example. I bought a camera lens cap from someone in Israel and it didn't fit (through no fault of his). I asked to try another one and he sent it immediately, only asking that I sent back the earlier one. He also said that if the second one didn't fit, to send it back and he would refund me. It did not but I used it for something else.

Can share what you can ask in addition to the product being sold that the eller will bend over backwards to please you?

Seriously, I thought if buyer ok with price and the terms, either buyer buy or just ignore?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dont worry is safe 98%.
I buy quite lot from ebay so far so good. All item reach. Only some time take more than a month.

klgw0222

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont worry is safe 98%.
I buy quite lot from ebay so far so good. All item reach. Only some time take more than a month.

Even if it is 98%, be sure to check the quantity of those reviews and if they seem legit. Scammers can use multiple accounts to fake transactions.