• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Duty commander on trial for SCDF ragging death did not consider entering pump well as dangerous

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Duty commander on trial for SCDF ragging death did not consider entering pump well as dangerous

===================
Should ask the stupid commander if he himself has dived down 12m depth without any goggles or other equipment.
scdf-nsf-kok-yuen-chin-s-death--a-timeline.png

Really no common sense these SCDF officers. Cannot tell difference between what is dangerous and what is not (or is coward SCDF commander just lying through his teeth to save his a$$ in court since being knowingly neglegent will attract higher punishment). How these 'professionals' are actually fit or experienced in saving lives remains a big mystery.

Maybe cannot blame him cos maybe SCDF senior command is just rotten at the core:
bmUZ6nw.jpg

Ex-CNB,+SCDF+chiefs'+cases-+TCH+-+the+assessment+of+an+individual.jpg

alt img site

==================

Kenneth Chong Chee Boon said that he had voluntarily gone inside a similar well years ago while being egged on by his fellow officers, and did not regard entering it as dangerous.
yq-chongcheeboon-09032021.jpg

Kenneth Chong Chee Boon said that he had voluntarily gone inside a similar well years ago while being egged on by his fellow officers, and did not regard entering it as dangerous.ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW
PUBLISHED: 9 March 2020.
Dominic Low
SINGAPORE - A Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) officer allegedly involved in a 2018 ragging incident, in which a full-time national servicemen (NSF) drowned in a 12m-deep pump well, testified that he did not consider getting pushed or thrown in the well as "necessarily ragging" if it was not done maliciously.

Kenneth Chong Chee Boon, 39, also said on Monday (March 9) that he had voluntarily gone inside a similar well years ago while being egged on by his fellow officers, and did not regard entering it as dangerous.

The officer was testifying at his own trial, where he is accused of failing to prevent a group of servicemen from pressuring NSF Corporal Kok Yuen Chin to enter the pump well at Tuas View Fire Station on the night of May 13, 2018.

Cpl Kok, 22, eventually drowned after he was pushed into the well during a celebration to mark the impending completion of his national service.

Chong, a lieutenant, and Nazhan Mohamed Nazi, 41, a first senior warrant officer, were commander and deputy commander respectively of the station that night. Both men are on trial for their involvement in Cpl Kok's death.

Three other regulars have already been convicted and sentenced for their involvement in the NSF's death.

The court had previously heard that Chong and Nazhan were present at the cake-cutting ceremony for Cpl Kok's celebration earlier that night.

Witnesses testified that the "kolam" ritual, which involved making an SCDF officer descend the station's pump well, was brought up during the cake-cutting.

After the presentation of a plaque to Cpl Kok, some officers grabbed him and carried him towards the pump well.

One of the officers, Muhammad Nur FatwaMahmood, then pushed Cpl Kok, who did not know how to swim, into the well, where he drowned.

Nur Fatwa was sentenced in 2018 to one year and four weeks in jail for pushing Cpl Kok into the well and telling another officer to delete footage of the incident. He has completed the sentence.

On Monday, Chong told the court that he first observed the "kolam" ritual when he was a junior officer in another station.

He said that he had also entered a pump well before, at the behest of his fellow officers.

Chong also said that he did not consider both instances as "ragging" as there was no malicious intent or intention to bully by the other officers.

Chong is expected to continue his testimony on Tuesday (March 10).

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...-ragging-death-did-not-consider-entering-pump

Last edited:

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
In SCDF all i can say is there alot(not all but alot) of sick bastard inside! and it will pass down to the next intake and the culture of "tekaning" goes on till this day!

i still remembered 29 years ago on the 3rd night of BMT we were "punished" for something we didnt do. actually the FAT encik (yes he looks like the penguin in batman movie) he wants to show us who is the boss and put fear on us by abusing us from 8pm after dinner to 3am++ so that we fear him!.
never in my life so terrified!

some of the "punishment"
1. doing knuckle push-up on the road where there tiny pebble on it and our knuckles bleed!
2.duck walk
3. 3X hard slap on the face!
4.changing parade
5. running around the camp
and many more for 7hrs of hell

that night after the "punishment" we all just sit on our own bed looking at each other silently and thinking what just happened!
that night i never sleep too shock and did alot of thinking.
we were there to learn and protect the country BUT who going to protect us when we in the camp????
to me this is not training but abuse! and that night my love for the country died and i promised myself in future NEVER to sent my son or sons to serve National Slavery!
and migration was born in my mind on that night and i made a promise to myself i MUST migrate!

some of the most stupid thing those with higher rank then us recruits they will ask us to run to kiss the lorry tyres and comes back sometime kiss the tree and come back and sometime the fat encik will count to 30 and we must go into the tiny longkang!!!! these idiots think recruit are not human being issit????

and it dosent stop there even after POP i was station as a clerk and every week once i was sent to Jalan Bahar for urine test because again this time a fat lady officer suspected that i took drug or maybe she dont like me i had to ride the SCDF lorry or van to go for the urine test.
until the provost say every week u come and test negative some time he just ask me to sit on the lorry no need to test urine!

well thank to the abuse i managed to migrate