• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Don't you just love these million $ salary MIWs' pearls of wisdom?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quotable Quotes

Don't bother about setting off for the morning or evening jog to exercise your heart as the good doctor recommended. These recent utterances are surefire triggers to set it pumping furiously, and raise your blood pressure for good measure.

Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew:
"... for those who want to have a smoother ride home, they can pay the dollar, use it before 8pm. For others who choose not to do so, they can ride after 8pm."

National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan:
"... the arrangement between EM Services and RWS is a commercial one. In other words, it has nothing to do with the Government".

Minister for Communications and Information Yaacob Ibrahim:
“The strength of our media in Singapore lies in being credible, fair and objective in their reporting."

Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen:
“SAF trains rigorously and realistically. Obviously to ensure the safety of our soldiers and our men, we have strict safety protocols."

MP Lee Kuan Yew:
"This was the plan which we had from the very beginning, to give everybody a home at cost or below cost."

Acting Manpower Minister Tan Chuan-Jin:
"Based on reports by TODAY and Lianhe Zaobao on 10th Nov 2012, the two Integrated Resorts (IRs) directly employ more than 22,000 staff, of which about 70% are locals. MBS hires over 9,400 full time employees, of which 60% are Singaporeans."

- http://singaporedesk.blogspot.sg/2012/11/quotable-quotes.html

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quotable Quotes

Don't bother about setting off for the morning or evening jog to exercise your heart as the good doctor recommended. These recent utterances are surefire triggers to set it pumping furiously, and raise your blood pressure for good measure.

Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew:
"... for those who want to have a smoother ride home, they can pay the dollar, use it before 8pm. For others who choose not to do so, they can ride after 8pm."

National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan:
"... the arrangement between EM Services and RWS is a commercial one. In other words, it has nothing to do with the Government".

Minister for Communications and Information Yaacob Ibrahim:
“The strength of our media in Singapore lies in being credible, fair and objective in their reporting."

Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen:
“SAF trains rigorously and realistically. Obviously to ensure the safety of our soldiers and our men, we have strict safety protocols."

MP Lee Kuan Yew:
"This was the plan which we had from the very beginning, to give everybody a home at cost or below cost."

Acting Manpower Minister Tan Chuan-Jin:
"Based on reports by TODAY and Lianhe Zaobao on 10th Nov 2012, the two Integrated Resorts (IRs) directly employ more than 22,000 staff, of which about 70% are locals. MBS hires over 9,400 full time employees, of which 60% are Singaporeans."

- http://singaporedesk.blogspot.sg/2012/11/quotable-quotes.html

Well the MIWs did proclaim to invent the term "Motherhood statements" and they deserve that accolade

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quotable Quotes

MP Lee Kuan Yew:

I believe him. As a trained lawyer, I doubt he will make statements he knows to be untrue. However, it maybe that it was the plan they had but it certainly does not imply that it is still the same plan today.

Last edited:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only truth that ever came from MIW is from Pinky's lips saying he needs to fix the opposition.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nah nah nah...most solid and tok kong quote have to be "increase gst to help the poor". Till now, i still don't understand this very cheem logic. Think only those major in mathematics can comprehend.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nah nah nah...most solid and tok kong quote have to be "increase gst to help the poor". Till now, i still don't understand this very cheem logic. Think only those major in mathematics can comprehend.

Me too. Cannot understand. Maybe residents at IMH will be able to explain. Any economist here?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only truth that ever came from MIW is from Pinky's lips saying he needs to fix the opposition.

You mean this? from my archives.

PM Lee said:
"Right now we have Low Thia Khiang, Chiam See Tong, Steve Chia. We can deal with them. Suppose you had 10, 15, 20 opposition members in Parliament. Instead of spending my time thinking what is the right policy for , I'm going to spend all my time thinking what is the right way to fix them, to buy my supporters votes, how can I solve this week's problem and forget about next year's challenges?

:rolleyes:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP continues to treat sinkees as idiots. Toss them out in the next election to have the last laugh. Make these millionaires jobless and the new government should look for skeletons in the closet.

Kaifeng

hi there

1. :mad::mad::mad:
2. very expensive lip service.
3. worthless!

Chairman Mao also another one that liked to talk rot. It is like breaking wind to them. When the wind blows, the fart is gone once again. Talking cock no need money. But for the 60%, they will feel high. Million dollars stars must talk like assholes.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me too. Cannot understand. Maybe residents at IMH will be able to explain. Any economist here?

Where is auri and GMS when you need them? :rolleyes: The PAP was basically implying that the tax dollars raised from GST would be used to make subsidies or transfer payments to the needy. However we all know there is no direct transfer of tax dollars to the poor. Tax dollars are most likely channeled to NTUC, Workfare or the Jobs Credit Scheme. True beneficiary of Workfare and Jobs Credit are private enterprises. Tell that to all your PAP supporter friends who think they are smarter than everyone else. All of them fooled by PAP sophistry.

boomtown

Alfrescian
Loyal
gong jiao way

Gong Jiao Way.jpg

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the good shrewd thing about gahmen is when they "suan" us (sarcastic remark), they get to be paid in million$. when we suan them back, we have to pay them bankrupting fines in defamation suit where whichever side the dice lands, head they win, tail we lose.