• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Don't compare S’pore ministerial pay with other countries: DPM Teo

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One Set of Rules For Us....

..... And Another One Set Of Rules For These Scums In White..
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MIW = Millions In Wages
Help people and serve your country must be paid millions ?
Conscience ?
Wonder how they sleep at night :p

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe he wants as ro compare their salaries with that from Planet Mars or Pluto. The questions we are asking is, Are we paying too much money for so called talents we have? (WKS, MBT, Vivien, "zorro" Lim, Lim Beh Heng, "Ponding" Abang), Can the citizens AFFORD to contribute to their salaries. Other than paying for talents, is there accountablity & transparancy; for example, grave mistakes that are made, will the so called talents, have their salaries cut & sacked?.

That's what people are mostly asking!:mad:

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
“It puts ministers in the open so Singaporeans know what they earn,” he noted, even as he pointed out that the downside of such a policy is that it allows people to make comparisons based only on the cash income of political leaders.

This deputy chief clown keeps harping on this point without evidence.

- http://sg.news.yahoo.com/s’pore-ministerial-pay-cannot-easily-be-compared--dpm-teo.html

We do we then compare our taxi fares with rest of the world? Best airport?? 2nd best seaport??? etc, etc..........
If our ministers must come from the top thoussand, shud it not be so that the top crop is also part of the world and therefore comparison be made to the world? What is the PAP so scared to compare thus?

Why not tabulate the previous pay of past two GEs MPs and show where they were in the thousand earners rankings........... it will show that they are overpaid or they joined the wagon for the high salaries.
I still see n smell murderous greed. Men with such trait cannot be good ministers. Look at MBT, RL,WKS.......

I dare you, Teo Chee Hean, the man staying in Singapore,s only castle///

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I dare you, Teo Chee Hean, the man staying in Singapore,s only castle"

He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, what does he know, how it is like to be poor & hungry. GREED is the word.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this implying that the US president is lying? His total compensation, including all perks is public information.

Singaporeans paid for this clown's education ...he has been living of Singaporeans since birth and now he has the gumption to defend his greedy salary!

Given the PAP's past history of touting one statistic after another, it is revealing to note that they keep talking about 'white' salaries but offer no concrete evidence.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest quotes from DPM on the pay issue..

DPM Teo: One popular suggestion was to benchmark against the pay of foreign leaders but there are drawbacks with this approach: The pay levels and structures based on considerations in one country may not be the same in another. We have a clean wage system with no hidden perks. It is thus difficult to compare with other countries.

DPM Teo: If we have a very deep salary discount, we may have to choose from a drastically smaller pool.

DPM Teo: I do appreciate that many may still feel that $1.1m is a very high figure, but I hope you will see it from the perspective of a person with these qualities and the passion to serve the country.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Australian Prime minister is $440K and is only about 5 times that of the average salary here. Perks and travel allowances amounts to another $200K at best. All these could have been quantified in their report but are simply ignored. Why bother even picking the top 1000 salary earners in Singapore. They could have just picked the top 1000 salary earner in the world if they think they are world class. They could be raking in 10s of millions a year that way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_Australia

The prime minister is the highest-paid member of parliament.
Ministerial salary is expressed as an additional percentage on top of the basic parliamentary salary. The Remuneration Tribunal's Report Number 1 of 2006[4] confirms the prime minister's additional salary as 160% of her or his parliamentary salary, i.e. the prime minister earns in total 260% of the salary of an ordinary parliamentarian.
The prime minister's salary is about five times that of the average full-time adult salary of $67,116, as of February 2010.[5]

Date established Salary
2 June 1999 $289,270
6 September 2006 $309,270
1 July 2007 $330,300
1 August 2010 $354,671[3]
1 December 2011 $440,000

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
WSK was a teacher before joining right?

I didn't know teaching could pay so well.

DPM sounds my mother when I was young...she always say "Dun compare me with your classmate's parents, our situation is different!" but she always compare my results with my classmates.

Also, are our dear ministers wanted by anyone outside S'pore? One of the best way to check one's value is peg oneself on the international market.
WKS and MBT, wanted outside?

Last edited:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
WSK was a teacher before joining right?

I didn't know teaching could pay so well.

DPM sounds my mother when I was young...she always say "Dun compare me with your classmate's parents, our situation is different!" but she always compare my results with my classmates.

WKS was a teacher at Outram Secondary School teaching commercail subjects eg typing and bookkeeping.Due to family relationships,he was appointed personnel manager at HP.He later entered politics n become PAP minister.He is not a talent ,just an average worker like every Singaporean.
What is his talent ? I don't know ? Nobody knows ? Is letting Mas Selamat escape from tight security prison considered a talent ? Why are Singapore taxpayers paying millions for such a "so-called talent "?

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
dear frens,

i think tch did not explain clearly..i do admit, when we compare the minister pay with other countries, we dont factor in the allowances these foreign mps get,,sometimes the allowances etc is worth several times more than the pay,,

the pap has highlighted that the pay is one off and clear cut,,that means lhl earn 4 mil,,,he dont get housing allowances etc.

However at the current pay of 4 mil,,its really out of this world pay without allowances.

This current minister pay review did highlight that there will be no more pensions etc..so ppl like george yeo and nathan really hit the jackpot. But as pm, lhl to get 2 mill per year is really alot...

But at least pap has acknowledge that the people are pissed off,,but with this review, its still set too high as for example, the size of our gdp etc and the current incompetence of the ministers, they are not worth the pay. Pap says we need high pay to get talents..

However the pap is of no talent at all...look at chan chun seng, what talent is he? He is just a scholar and book smart...is that talent?
He cant survive in the outside world mate..and i have not even brought up the clowns like mbt and wks etc..

agree with u

most are incompetent; no talent at all:
1. Housing screw up mbt
2. Congested roads/pub transport screw up - raymond lim
3. Wks
4. Mps like jo teo/denise phua/tpl/ and many more.... What talent???

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many countries declare their politicans' salary, so what's the big deal? Some countries even make politicians declare their assets and allow the press to do investigative reporting.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The truth is that it is not TCH's right to tell us what to base minister salaries on. The Review COmmittee has already concluded and TCH only has to point people to the RC and stop acting like a twit.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
But the same group of ministers compared Singaporeans with foreigners and insulted us for not having the spur in our hide. They cannot compare themselves with foreign leaders but expect Singaporeans to swallow our pride in front of foreigners? What kind of SHIT leader we have here. It makes us sick!

hi there

1. bro, don't expect much from such specimen leh!
2. don't open mouth or open its mouth, all shit.
3. no eye see.