• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you drive or take public transport?

Drive or Public Transport?

• Total voters

Dinkley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just asking Samsters here, do you guys usually drive or rather save the money and take public transport?

Although I had a license, I am still car-less because of the expensive prices and I do not wish to be indebted to the bank for years even if I decided to buy one. Driving, I found out after passing, can be stressful especially in Singapore. Parking spaces are smal. If you are slow in parking, a moron will snatch your lot and numerous Sinkies do not know how to peg their speed according to the lane.

Anyway back to the topic, I am just curious to know whether most Samsters drive or take PT.

loloba

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just asking Samsters here, do you guys usually drive or rather save the money and take public transport?

Although I had a license, I am still car-less because of the expensive prices and I do not wish to be indebted to the bank for years even if I decided to buy one. Driving, I found out after passing, can be stressful especially in Singapore. Parking spaces are smal. If you are slow in parking, a moron will snatch your lot and numerous Sinkies do not know how to peg their speed according to the lane.

Anyway back to the topic, I am just curious to know whether most Samsters drive or take PT.

Take public transport -
Believe 100% of commuters affected by the recent fare hike.

Took SMRT from Yew Tee to Jurong East (4 stations) $0.81 Jurong East to Clementi (1 Station) $0.71 cents = $1.52 (5 stations)

Why charge 0.71 cents for one station there is no direct train from Yew Tee to Clementi and I don't see why commuters are penalised for the transfer.

Before fare hike from Yew Tee to Changi Airport $1.90

Students - according to one secondary one student I spoke to her fare was 30+ cents now is 58 cents for one trip.

Senior citizens are not spared in this fare hike scheme.

Dinkley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take public transport -
Believe 100% of commuters affected by the recent fare hike.

Took SMRT from Yew Tee to Jurong East (4 stations) $0.81 Jurong East to Clementi (1 Station) $0.71 cents = $1.52 (5 stations)

Why charge 0.71 cents for one station there is no direct train from Yew Tee to Clementi and I don't see why commuters are penalised for the transfer.

Before fare hike from Yew Tee to Changi Airport $1.90

Students - according to one secondary one student I spoke to her fare was 30+ cents now is 58 cents for one trip.

Senior citizens are not spared in this fare hike scheme.
This distance-based fares is a fare increase in disguise. :wink:

loloba

Alfrescian
Loyal
This distance-based fares is a fare increase in disguise. :wink:

Is fair only let say if you have one direct train from Yew Tee to Orchard Road

If I were to take a train to Orchard Road

(Feeder Service) to Yew Tee to Jurong East (1 charge with no rebate)Jurong East to Raffles Place (2nd charge with no rebate) Raffles Place to Orchard (3rd charge)

Alternatively

(Feeder Service) to Yew Tee via woodlands to Orchard Road (even without transfer the journey will take 15 minutes longer)

Something is wrong somewhere with distance base fare.
No wonder our uncle ee says we benefited in the past.

At the moment many commuters are not aware of the no rebate and to them few cents they are not bother, anger will build up when they realised that transport fares really eat into their pocket money

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Spore driving is no fun, have to make sure your cash card is topped up, inserted for ERP & parking, finding a parking space is frustrating, exp petrol,... It is like being married to an expensive local girl :smile:

I also don't want to feed the PAP machinery :mad:

Better to save $, in the long run this $ can add up to $$$. The $$$ saved goes to investing for the future because you need to rely on youself, as no one is going to help you:(

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
get motorbikes.. the cheapest mode..
fastest mode... must got skill la if not u end up under sbs bus... if taiwan can do it y not sinkies...

nowadays too many FTrashs.. MRT crowded.. u lucky if u can get in and smell ah tiong ah neh early morning no bath syndrome or lagi shiok shiok rubbing mei mei nehneh and caocb..u even lucky if some depress uncle aunty scuba diving into mrt track..
too many cars n jams. bus oso come late... bus come liao everyone rush in like pigs fighting for shits. ... again u smell some kind of shits...
and u late for work.. and u in deep shitsss..

KNNBCCB !

Last edited: