• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do u work with morons in the office?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do u work with morons in the office?

Just now, this colleague asked me this question "how do i find the USB thumbdrive?"

HUH?! What the *beep* she talk about?

She gave me an exasperated expression and kept pointing to the USB thumbdrive.

After a while, i figured out that she is unable to locate the thumbdrive folder from the Mac computer.

So i told her to click on the DRIVE folder (aka My Computer in PC). Still not reflected in system. Then i have to tell her to insert into another USB slot and it worked.

This very same colleague really KNN one. Sometimes when u ask her to do things, she will say "huh you guys push everything to do me hor!" *gives a silly smile look

Lastly, is the boss. Another CCB. Now is almost Dec, then send email to ask about an expense that is not under work, that was incurred 3 months ago. At most $2! :oIo:

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to have bosses who are MORONS!

They are paid at least twice my salary but know nuts about company processes. I have to explain it to them each time we come across the same issue.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

They are paid at least twice my salary but know nuts about company processes. I have to explain it to them each time we come across the same issue.

If you're so competent, why aren't you the boss?:rolleyes:

The truth of the matter is that knowledge of "processes" is not a prerequisite for a leadership role. Bosses don't have to deal with the nitty gritty. They hire people to do that for them.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Look on the bright side, that is why you still have a job. If your boss knows everything, why does he need you ?

Comnpetent people will last very long under a moron boss. Trust me.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

U idiot. If i can find a job that pays reasonably well as an employee, without taking on the risks/costs involved with being a boss (e.g. rental, wages, suppliers, materials), why shouldn't i?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
U idiot. If i can find a job that pays reasonably well as an employee, without taking on the risks/costs involved with being a boss (e.g. rental, wages, suppliers, materials), why shouldn't i?

You've hit the nail on the head! You're risk averse. You therefore have to put up with half the salary your boss gets.

You can't have your cake and eat it to.:rolleyes:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You've hit the nail on the head! You're risk averse. You therefore have to put up with half the salary your boss gets.

Working as an employee doesn't mean u have to be risk adverse.

As an employee, i can have the luxury of investing in SGX market during the day when i am supposedly 'hard at work', and if i am still energetic, i will move on to NYSE when i knock off.

Best of both worlds!

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe the boss is a scholar :confused:

Why would a scholar do any real work if they can delegate :smile:

That is why good to have a boss that is moron to keep your job mah. Scholar better still as he cannot be kick out and may be there for quite a while and no one will replace him even if he sit there 'kooning'. You get to keep your job well.

I will suck up to him even if scholar is my boss. Every where he posted to, I follow, and continue to serve a moron and keep my job. Who knows, I may become his PA when he is Perm Sec, better still a Ministar ?

Survival of the smartest !

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

YOu must say no ball. risk averse is a high level english words and i dunno if he understand.

By the way, how come a boss need a salary? i thought boss look at profits and get his money from that.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Comnpetent people will last very long under a moron boss. Trust me.

People tend to over estimate their level of competency. I've come across clerks who think they're Microsoft Office gurus and are therefore indispensable. In reality, they could be fired at a moment's notice and replaced with someone just as knowledgeable.

I once had a sales manager who was convinced that he was the only person on earth who could handle a particular account. I fired him anyway and that account grew 50% within a year when the new guy took over.

Those who think they aren't paid enough should simply quit and set up their own enterprises or look for someone who pays them what they think they're worth.

Whinging and whining and calling the boss a moron isn't going to achieve anything constructive.:rolleyes:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That is why good to have a boss that is moron to keep your job mah. Scholar better still as he cannot be kick out and may be there for quite a while and no one will replace him even if he sit there 'kooning'. You get to keep your job well.

I will suck up to him even if scholar is my boss. Every where he posted to, I follow, and continue to serve a moron and keep my job. Who knows, I may become his PA when he is Perm Sec, better still a Ministar ?

Survival of the smartest !

You mean you sacrifices your integrity by following a sinkie around just to keep your rice bowl?

That is no different from those losers who help out in the RC with the ulterior motive to get their kids to school with the first place reservation.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
By the way, how come a boss need a salary? i thought boss look at profits and get his money from that.

Most bosses pay themselves a salary. Things may have changed but in my days, there were obvious tax advantages.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably, you're right.

You see, some of us do not play office politics and are often low profile when doing our job. It is often those who 'suck up' to the management and 'glory snatcher' who gets promoted.

I suppose I could also do the same to others under me but I couldn't as I know that person is also someone's father and son. He deserves recognition for his hardwork. Some of us are just not that despicable.

I think you have been away from Sillypore for too long, a "boss" does not need "leadership" here. They usually threatens with "yearly apprisal" or "performance indicator" to get things done. If you observe closely, you'll note that the leader with real 'leadership' quality is usually the senior man within the team.

The truth of the matter is that knowledge of "processes" is not a prerequisite for a leadership role. Bosses don't have to deal with the nitty gritty. They hire people to do that for them.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
YOu must say no ball. risk averse is a high level english words and i dunno if he understand.

Oh please. If you are trying to impress us with your level of proficiency in English, you should at least construct a coherent sentence.

DUNNO? :rolleyes:

HIGH LEVEL ENGLISH WORDS? :rolleyes:

NO BALL? :rolleyes:

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

You can delegate a job but cannot delegate responsibility. But nowadays, it seems that when bosses delegate jobs, his responsibility goes with it. When something screws up, he will say, I asked 'that who' to do but he screwed it up!

Maybe the boss is a scholar :confused:

Why would a scholar do any real work if they can delegate :smile:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean you sacrifices your integrity by following a sinkie around just to keep your rice bowl?

Integrity ? Loyalty ? How much per gramme nowadays ?

If you pay me enough with a secured job, after office hours I can have a ball of my time, invest in properties, go on Fench Cooking class,......

Afterall, boss pay me for my time being there. A pure biz transaction.