• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do town councils need to invest their sinking fund in 5 years++ minibond?

Mr_tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it they do not need cash so urgently? If deposited into those short-term fixed deposit i still can understand, but why minibond which required maybe 5 years to maturity. Who are accountable for this investment?

In investment companies, the return of their portfolio are usually mark against a benchmark which determined their year end bonus and thus an incentive to 'open their eye big big' but what about these 2 town councils?

Who are responsibile for this failed investment? What are their incentives to perform well?

Do they have the rights to invest in such high risk instrument? Who recommended them these instrument? Are the relationship manager in those locals bank who they signed up with related to the town councils?
It makes more sense if they invested in funds by GIC or Temasek but why these bonds?

I think seriously we need some answers.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this is really incomprehensible and those who are responsible should do the great honour of admitting their follies and do the right thing...

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it they do not need cash so urgently? If deposited into those short-term fixed deposit i still can understand, but why minibond which required maybe 5 years to maturity. Who are accountable for this investment?

In investment companies, the return of their portfolio are usually mark against a benchmark which determined their year end bonus and thus an incentive to 'open their eye big big' but what about these 2 town councils?

Who are responsibile for this failed investment? What are their incentives to perform well?

Do they have the rights to invest in such high risk instrument? Who recommended them these instrument? Are the relationship manager in those locals bank who they signed up with related to the town councils?
It makes more sense if they invested in funds by GIC or Temasek but why these bonds?

I think seriously we need some answers.

Simply put, they over charged.