• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do PAP ministers have calibre?

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans have been trained to think Ministers are super-beings. Come what may, they will weather hell and high-water, so we are (or were) made to believe! But what is the reality? One defeat, a minister who is a former Brigadier-General says he is quitting politics, and the first ever woman minister is echoing him. The decision of these stalwarts have demolished the confidence Singaporeans have in PAP ministers. It only reinforces the belief that these people will only stay when the going is good.

This morning while I was at a kopi-tiam in Serangoon North, an Aljunied PAP guy complained that he had lost face after the two ministers had thrown in the towel. He was doubtful if the traditional activities like National Day Dinner will be celebrated with the same pomp and oomph of the past. He also speculated that WP would highlight the ministers abandoning their supporters to advance the WP objective. Asked if he will continue being a PAP/grassroots leader, he quipped, "How to when the head is not interested in fighting?"

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
almost all PAP ministers are just obedient dogs of the Lee Family..........

any capable ones have been kicked out..........so they won't present a threat to Lee Kill You's incapable son.........

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
It shows that there are cracks in the rank and not just the social net here. There are rift and strife within. It shows the type of cadres produced in a cocooned environment, untested and uncontested ! The reality speaks for itself that the good things seems to go to the family members or associated relatives of the Lee dynasty. Even victories like this may be tinged with sour grapes. So, its the Lee's and gang.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So, we now know this is the kind of candidates that the PAP tea sessions throw up - QUIT in the first time of defeat.
One, a former BG and the other a pioneer of a Woman Minister.

I don't know what (else) to say.

cobragold

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are not paid millions anymore, so why stay and fight. the old hougang pap guy must be fuming that he fight for 2 terms and get nothing, here 2 ministers run road. the remaining 3 how, no money no talk also. such poor minister caliber when lky said they are the best and we need to pay them millions, now no money no talk and they both blame the pap for their loss. lky is the main root cause of why they loose alot of votes, but currently in the pap, nobody has the balls to ask him to step down. the pm cannot control this loose cannon and now everytime he speaks, a new issue is born

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So, we now know this is the kind of candidates that the PAP tea sessions throw up - QUIT in the first time of defeat.

those losers are not quitting...............

they're kicked out by Lee Kill You and Sonny...........

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

those losers are not quitting...............

they're kicked out by Lee Kill You and Sonny...........

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans have been trained to think Ministers are super-beings. Come what may, they will weather hell and high-water, so we are (or were) made to believe! But what is the reality? One defeat, a minister who is a former Brigadier-General says he is quitting politics, and the first ever woman minister is echoing him. The decision of these stalwarts have demolished the confidence Singaporeans have in PAP ministers. It only reinforces the belief that these people will only stay when the going is good.

This morning while I was at a kopi-tiam in Serangoon North, an Aljunied PAP guy complained that he had lost face after the two ministers had thrown in the towel. He was doubtful if the traditional activities like National Day Dinner will be celebrated with the same pomp and oomph of the past. He also speculated that WP would highlight the ministers abandoning their supporters to advance the WP objective. Asked if he will continue being a PAP/grassroots leader, he quipped, "How to when the head is not interested in fighting?"

Calibre? 0.000000000000001 mm