• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do our Ministers and top Civil Servants REALLY deserve their million $ salaries???

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not questioning whether they should be paid their million $ salaries. No, my question is based on the services and expectations, are we getting what we have paid them for. Take our Transportation woes for eg, everyone who has been overseas can make comparisons and know that we are certainly not the best, not even in the Asia. We suffer countless jams, breakdowns, and our cars are overpriced....etc( u know what I am talking about). Housing is another bug bear. There is nothing exceptional about our housing...it's brick and mortar technology and whilst we have some nice and fanciful houses or housing estate, it can be easily duplicated. Our problems is the high price of housing and the lousy planning that cause us to be short of housing for our young. And don't get me started on dengue or once in 50 years old flood situations.
So have our ministers and civil servants met your expectations??? Remember they have everything at their disposal unlike their counterparts in other countries...a small compact city state, no opposition, our CPF resources to do as they pleased, million $ salaries..etc

Last edited:

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Do our Ministers and top Civil Servants REALLY deserve their million $ salaries??

Just for comparison.

1. What is the land area of the USA? Australia? UK? Canada?
2. What is the land area of Sinkieland?
3. Who have more problems to solve: Pinky and his ministars or Obama and the Congress?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Do our Ministers and top Civil Servants REALLY deserve their million $ salaries??

They deserve every Penny and more because they create wealth for the people of Singapore.

No other country has succeeded the way Singapore has in making millionaires out of so many people in such a short period of time.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

They deserve every Penny and more because they create wealth for the people of Singapore.

No other country has succeeded the way Singapore has in making millionaires out of so many people in such a short period of time.

No lah! They create wealth for themselves and their foreign friends whilst they leave the crumbs for Singaporeans!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

The first generation--those besides old man--deserve a high pay, though many would have refused it. Those from the GCT or LHL era onwards ought to receive peanuts.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

..................No other country has succeeded the way Singapore has in making millionaires out of so many people in such a short period of time.

Agreed - but the politicians weren't really the reason(s) behind this, they just happened to be at the helm when things worked in Singapore's favour. The country's rulers happened to be the ones to take the baton from the Brits when peace and growth took off in the region. Peesai isn't a difficult place to manage considering the only political problem she had was from a schoolboy named Tan Wah Piow during the seventies.

Cheers!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am not questioning whether they should be paid their million $ salaries. No, my question is based on the services and expectations, are we getting what we have paid them for. Take our Transportation woes for eg, everyone who has been overseas can make comparisons and know that we are certainly not the best, not even in the Asia. We suffer countless jams, breakdowns, and our cars are overpriced....etc( u know what I am talking about). Housing is another bug bear. There is nothing exceptional about our housing...it's brick and mortar technology and whilst we have some nice and fanciful houses or housing estate, it can be easily duplicated. Our problems is the high price of housing and the lousy planning that cause us to be short of housing for our young. And don't get me started on dengue or once in 50 years old flood situations.
So have our ministers and civil servants met your expectations??? Remember they have everything at their disposal unlike their counterparts in other countries...a small compact city state, no opposition, our CPF resources to do as they pleased, million $ salaries..etc

Each one of them, in their lifetime, will garner $68 million from that taxpayers. Their income will be much higher as they also sits on multiple boards and have special discounts when buying condo and properties.

Do each of them deliver even close to $68 million in value to sinkapore?

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of course not! My Indonesian maid can do a better job than most of them and she would be happy to be paid a small fraction of their pay and allowances! For a start, she can replace Chiak Hong Tan any time!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wealth for themselves, not for the average person. How else can you explain that the median takehome pay in sinkapore is $1700?

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal

Took NE Line the other day at 815am. Not bad la. Frequency is 1 min and not very pack. Not like what everyone is say. But that's the only trip I take for years.

PAPIsTheBest

they can earn more in the private sectors.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Wealth for themselves, not for the average person. How else can you explain that the median takehome pay in sinkapore is $1700?

That's because many Singaporeans, having had too easy a run for a couple of decades, have become fat and lazy and have not taken advantage of the many opportunities that the PAP has created.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's because many Singaporeans, having had too easy a run for a couple of decades, have become fat and lazy and have not taken advantage of the many opportunities that the PAP has created.

Seeking government assistance is worst than begging. And whatever assistance that is secured is only good for 3 months. Then the mother of all begging starts again.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Seeking government assistance is worst than begging. And whatever assistance that is secured is only good for 3 months. Then the mother of all begging starts again.

Why should anyone be given continuous assistance when the rest of society has to work for a living? They should be thankful for what they get and use the assistance to get back on their feet so they can start being economically productive again.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bloody nonsense!

Its because Sinkies in former lives were butchers and rapists working as Kempeitais or for Genghis Khan killing and killing and incurred huge karmic debts.
Sinkies are punished by heaven who send LKY down to Singapore to fuck and screw them again and again.

The karmic debt been redeemed.
LKY will go eat joss sticks and candlewax soon.
And the scum of PAP maggots and cockroaches and civil serpents crooks and kangaroos around him will implode in orgy of front stabbing and back stabbing in Stinkapore version of the night of the long knives.

IsapKonek

Alfrescian
Loyal

Million dollar table question again:biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why should anyone be given continuous assistance when the rest of society has to work for a living? They should be thankful for what they get and use the assistance to get back on their feet so they can start being economically productive again.

The employment conditions in this country is a result of PAP's policy. Since the government went on a policy to put foreigners ahead of sinkees, then the government has an OBLIGATION to help sinkees get back until these unemployed can secure a living wage job.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I remembered LHL once said...they must be paid comparably to a successful CEO and businessman, or else when they have lunch meeting, very malu ma..imagine PM earn less than the CEO, the CEO will laugh at him ma. I told my boss to increase my salary, saying if not when i have meeting with vendors, I will malu sia...my boss said...lu siao ah ! Then I said...walau double standard le, I will tell LHL what u said, u also means he siao..my boss very scared but still never incrase my salary.

Last edited:

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can anyone quantify how much wealth each and every minister and senior civil servant creates?