• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did Generation X/Y BETRAY the people of Singapore?

AndroAsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must say I am fucking disappointed with the spineless Sinkies. I had expecting a bigger swing vote (at least 10%), instead of the disappointing 6%.

Now I have this gut feeling that it is the Generation X/Y youngsters (age 20ish to 30ish) that betrayed us and voted for the PAP. I am amongst this generation, but a lot of my facebook friends are pro PAP bootlickers and traitors. Many of my uncles and aunties have gone through the last 5 years of suffering have revolted against the PAP. Sinkies being as short sighted and selfish as they are, I won't be surprised that these young punks voted for the PAP simply because they have not felt the suffering yet (no HDB mortgage to pay, still got jobs, not retrenched, etc...)

Other bros here who have friends in this age group, do you agree with my analysis? I find it fucking disgusting to see some Facebook friends with their pro PAP comments. Going to remove them from Facebook soon... these fuckers are not worth friending.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is the NEW CITIZENS that screwed Singapore.

There are 500,000 new citizens voters this time around.

Simple maths of putting 50,000 in 10 constituencies;you get my drift?

Do not blame fellow born and bred Singaporeans; although I am sure there are some.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

AndroAsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is the NEW CITIZENS that screwed Singapore.

There are 500,000 new citizens voters this time around.

Simple maths of putting 50,000 in 10 constituencies;you get my drift?

Do not blame fellow born and bred Singaporeans; although I am sure there are some.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Your figure zhun boh? I thought we only had 100k new shitizens?

I don't want to blame true born and bred Sinkies, but some of my facebook friends bootlicking is really disgusting.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bootlicking the MIW is to try to get themselves noticed for PERSONAL GAINS.

We are now STILL in the I, ME, MYSELF country. May even get worse to the extend that SIngapore's fraustration may only be a spark away from street protests if things get worse.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1) NOT ENOUGH old people passed away....................these old zombies voted for PAP...............

2) TOO MANY young people in civil service or Govt-linked companies.................these spineless goons and their families voted for PAP

### anyway, if S'poreans choose to live like mice................they'll die like mice................

### PAP will try to have more foreigners become citizens to keep them in power..................

IN SHORT.....................this election was possibly the last or 2nd last chance to save ourselves........................

Last edited:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go and find out how many new born in Singapore voters increment for the last 5 years.

We have almost 1,000,000 new voters this time.

1,000,000 minus those born in Singapore in the years 1985/86/87/88/89/may1990.

You get the figures?

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must say I am fucking disappointed with the spineless Sinkies. I had expecting a bigger swing vote (at least 10%), instead of the disappointing 6%.

Now I have this gut feeling that it is the Generation X/Y youngsters (age 20ish to 30ish) that betrayed us and voted for the PAP. I am amongst this generation, but a lot of my facebook friends are pro PAP bootlickers and traitors. Many of my uncles and aunties have gone through the last 5 years of suffering have revolted against the PAP. Sinkies being as short sighted and selfish as they are, I won't be surprised that these young punks voted for the PAP simply because they have not felt the suffering yet (no HDB mortgage to pay, still got jobs, not retrenched, etc...)

Other bros here who have friends in this age group, do you agree with my analysis? I find it fucking disgusting to see some Facebook friends with their pro PAP comments. Going to remove them from Facebook soon... these fuckers are not worth friending.

I believe in some contested constituents and GRC, the voters were screaming for quality candidates. Wat I would really like to know is how many were protest votes.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want a witch hunt you are looking at the wrong group. The original Sinkie votes were diluted and FIXED with new IMPORTS!

Since 2000, there was close to 20,000 new citizens introduced to Singapore every year, that's 200,000 votes which was translated
into tangibles this GE..just add up the winning margins for major GRCs and the fight could not get too close for comfort.

AndroAsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Upping this thread. Asked around in my extended family. My traitorous cousins about same age as me (20ish) all voted for PAP. Ironically uncle and aunties voted oppo. While the media always say the new generation are pro-oppo I'm starting to wonder whether if that is true...

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ingrates, kiasi, selfish.
on top of that, young generation dun care abt politics, dey only care abt Koi, FB and lame stomping.:eek:

kazuo

Alfrescian
Loyal
new citizens could constitute the vote swings in AMK and Sembawang, places where there seemed to be favourable response to PAP.

The general feel on the ground was that PAP was goin to suffer a heavy defeat this time round, and the 50 odd percentage points in many of the GRCs and SMCs attested to that. Guess the PAP overestimated their citizen replacement program - thought they could easily displace the 33% that did not vote for them in 2006

We shd work towards removing at least 40% of MIW come 2016 from parliament

Last edited:

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now I have this gut feeling that it is the Generation X/Y youngsters (age 20ish to 30ish) that betrayed us and voted for the PAP..

Why should a vote for the PAP be a betrayal?

You said you are of that generation. Perhaps they are more matured than you in respecting their own right to vote for whoever they wish?

If the oppositions are any good, they will win the necessary votes. The good ones accept defeat graciously. You do not see WP's Joo Chiat candidate go around canvassing for signatures. Neither do you see George Yeo blaming the voters.

AndroAsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why should a vote for the PAP be a betrayal?

You said you are of that generation. Perhaps they are more matured than you in respecting their own right to vote for whoever they wish?

If the oppositions are any good, they will win the necessary votes. The good ones accept defeat graciously. You do not see WP's Joo Chiat candidate go around canvassing for signatures. Neither do you see George Yeo blaming the voters.

Anyone who vote for PAP is a traitor to true born Singaporeans! So fuck off PAP dog!!!

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
here's one kid I spoke to, 20+ study poly part time, bright and did well in O levels, I'll leave the race out.
He is voting PAP because he have no apply for a HDB flat yet.
It's that simple, no matter how i explain to him that it is not in his interest in the long run but he is firm in his selfish choice, I gave up finally.

The next time he complain to me no good job or too pack in MRT, I will F*** him upside down.

ingrates, kiasi, selfish.
on top of that, young generation dun care abt politics, dey only care abt Koi, FB and lame stomping.:eek:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans are just too stupid and too scared to understand.

Heard from some that many just TURNED SCARED when they say the serial numbers on their voting slips.

FTs please BULLY us S'poreans more. We need an excuse to hamtam you. I expect such incidents to go up.

Last edited:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
here's one kid I spoke to, 20+ study poly part time, bright and did well in O levels, I'll leave the race out.
He is voting PAP because he have no apply for a HDB flat yet.
It's that simple, no matter how i explain to him that it is not in his interest in the long run but he is firm in his selfish choice, I gave up finally.

The next time he complain to me no good job or too pack in MRT, I will F*** him upside down.
wat to do?
we and hear ppl complain about rising cost of living, spore too much FT etc, saying buay tahan but end of day.....
they have themselves to blame. leave them alone better.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
To those who voted for the PAP because you genuinely believe in their leaders, policies etc etc, good for you. At least you're voting with conviction. But, I strongly suspect that quite q few civil servants and govt linked company employees, especially Div 1 and 2 officers, voted, out of fear and/or a hope of career progression. It is amazing the number of civil servants that I know who don't believe that the vote is secret. These are the people who will not openly say who they voted for. They will not even say they are pro PAP, as they don't have the conviction and more importantly, the balls to say so. You know, I've travel quite a lot. We Singaporeans are the only ones who are very coy about talking about politics. It is changing, of course. Especially this time with more openly declaring their support for the opposition. But, we haven't reached the stage where people will openly declare their political loyalties and defend their choices everyday. Being politically aware should not be just for 10 days every 5 years....

levusjovi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't blame the new generation of younger voters polling for PAP. Most of them are still young and just started working, some still studying or doing NS. They had been well sheltered and pampered by their parents and the rising costs of living, expensive HDB, does not bother them. Maybe the great escape of the limping terrorist excites them a little. In fact some of my younger colleagues who are voting for the first time told me that the will vote for PAP because they haven't got their flats yet. Dumb I would say but this is their mindset it doesn't bother them and they are having a good life so why vote opp when it doesn't benefit them? Rest assured in years to come when these group of people get their flats and start paying this and that on their own, they will know what we are undergoing.