• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Destitute Ate Rubbish Dump Food & DIED!

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course we do.

What you don't understand is that in a democratic society, you just need to please 50%+1. And in Westminster style politices, 50%+1 in every constituency means 100% of the seats.

For Singapore's 66%, that can come from the bottom (top 34% irrelevant), centre (top 17% and bottom 17% irrelevant) or top (bottom 34% irrelevant) or of course a mix of the two. Singapore's 66% is probably top heavy. But it is still 50%+1.

Even if there are beggars, they won't constitute more than 5% (less than 1% more likely but give you 5% or 10% or even 20%). But the 50%+1 still wins.

That is still democracy. Just because your side didn't win means there is no democracy.

Of course there are some anti-PAP in the 66% who still voted PAP because they cannot stand the SDP. That is why the opposition parties in most of the other constituencies performed better than the national average of 34% - because SDP skewed the average downwards.

You really think we have a true blue democratic society and form of government?

ScarFace

Alfrescian
Loyal
I applaud your sense of misguided and indeed misplaced loyalty. Though the twain shall never meet, it was my greatest pleasure to have met a virtual opposite in our pursuit of a Sovereign that is of the people, by the people, and most importantly for the people.

May good tidings be with you now and always.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am merely highlighting to you what a "true blue democracy" is.

In democracy, "people" in a population of 100 is 51. "People" in a population of 1000 is 501. "People" in a population of 1,000,000 is 500,001. And "People" in a population of 2,000,000 is 1,000,001. So in what you call a "true blue democracy" 499,999 out of 1,000,000 can be unhappy, starving, destitute, depressed, demotivated etc etc, but as long as 500,001 are happy, the status quo remains. That is democracy in its purest form - a true blue democracy.

Then there is of course representative democracy which dilutes the ability of a geographical concentration of like thinking people within a part of the democracy to prevail over other areas. Or like in the US where you have a mixture of both. In such a case, it is the group with a majority of the representatives who prevail.

I applaud your sense of misguided and indeed misplaced loyalty. Though the twain shall never meet, it was my greatest pleasure to have met a virtual opposite in our pursuit of a Sovereign that is of the people, by the people, and most importantly for the people.

May good tidings be with you now and always.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where is the couple that was recently HIGHLIGHTED in our newspapers for providing food to FT workers?

Can someone post that article in another thread side by side with this Sin MIN article for all S'poreans to ponder and "pui chow nuai".

To be providing food to FTs while your own kind are suffering or dying AND be highlighted in our newspapers smell of a BIG RAT to me. Are they Grassluts?

They are doing or following what the PAP always did, well treat the foreigners, but mistreat the Singaporeans.

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am merely highlighting to you what a "true blue democracy" is.

In democracy, "people" in a population of 100 is 51. "People" in a population of 1000 is 501. "People" in a population of 1,000,000 is 500,001. And "People" in a population of 2,000,000 is 1,000,001. So in what you call a "true blue democracy" 499,999 out of 1,000,000 can be unhappy, starving, destitute, depressed, demotivated etc etc, but as long as 500,001 are happy, the status quo remains. That is democracy in its purest form - a true blue democracy.

Then there is of course representative democracy which dilutes the ability of a geographical concentration of like thinking people within a part of the democracy to prevail over other areas. Or like in the US where you have a mixture of both. In such a case, it is the group with a majority of the representatives who prevail.

A Democracy is when 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting what's for dinner. Example of a Democracy is SG.

A Republic is when 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting what's for dinner. But the wolves realized that the sheep has a gun, thus, the wolves will go somewhere else to get their dinner. In a Republic, the 51% cannot impose their will on the 49%, thus, the God given rights of the 49% is protected. Example of a Republic is the USA despite the corrupt US politicians trying their best to create an impression to the world that the USA is a democracy which is false.

That's why I totally disagree with CSJ that SG needs to become a democracy. SG is already a democracy lah!

Last edited:

Screwball

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recently dropped by to visit a friend voluteering at a church's soup kitchen and they had lots of good, freshly food given for free - served! However, what distrubed me (and I kept my mouth shut about it) was the people who came for the food don't look like they were starved, one or two were quite obese and another young man even had an exepensive brand shirt on.

Lucky you keeping your mouth shut. Same thing happen to me and when I making the mistake of voicing out to the authorities. They sent me to IMH :mad:

A few years ago, I have observing at the Buddha Lodging in Kim Yam Road where they serving free food to the poor and destitute. The people coming to eat the food are well off people instead of the destitute. Many even creating traffic congestion by anyhow parking their BMWs and Mercedes outside the temple. I decide to take photo of these people and their vehicles. I then went complaining to the temple committee and writing in to all the government ministers.

They are then sending some people to take me to IMH !! :(

Derrick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course we do.

What you don't understand is that in a democratic society, you just need to please 50%+1. And in Westminster style politices, 50%+1 in every constituency means 100% of the seats.

For Singapore's 66%, that can come from the bottom (top 34% irrelevant), centre (top 17% and bottom 17% irrelevant) or top (bottom 34% irrelevant) or of course a mix of the two. Singapore's 66% is probably top heavy. But it is still 50%+1.

Even if there are beggars, they won't constitute more than 5% (less than 1% more likely but give you 5% or 10% or even 20%). But the 50%+1 still wins.

That is still democracy. Just because your side didn't win means there is no democracy.

Of course there are some anti-PAP in the 66% who still voted PAP because they cannot stand the SDP. That is why the opposition parties in most of the other constituencies performed better than the national average of 34% - because SDP skewed the average downwards.

In a true democracy, the incumbent don't tied their opponents' hands and feet, blindfold them, write the election rules, appoint the referees and decide how many seats they wanna win. In a true democracy, they play it fair and square and let the electorate decide who they want to represent them. You think when LKY says to meet him in a cul-de-sac he really means it ? You'll have to be bound hand and feet and blindfolded before he dares to take u on. That's how ballsless he is !! How do you think he's been dealing with his political (and not so political) opponents all these while. In every exam, he writes the rules, decide the duration, appoints the judge, jury, prosecution, invigilator, marker and even decides how many marks he wants to score. And he makes his opponents go to the exam hall with hands tied behind their backs and blindfolded. And amazingly he still manages to fail some papers occasionally. But no fear, when he fails, he simply has a re-take aka re-count and amazingly, the end result is in his favour !! THAT'S DEMOCRACY SINGAPORE STYLE FOR YOU !!

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, the old and tired excuses.

In a true democracy, the incumbent don't tied their opponents' hands and feet, blindfold them, write the election rules, appoint the referees and decide how many seats they wanna win. In a true democracy, they play it fair and square and let the electorate decide who they want to represent them. You think when LKY says to meet him in a cul-de-sac he really means it ? You'll have to be bound hand and feet and blindfolded before he dares to take u on. That's how ballsless he is !! How do you think he's been dealing with his political (and not so political) opponents all these while. In every exam, he writes the rules, decide the duration, appoints the judge, jury, prosecution, invigilator, marker and even decides how many marks he wants to score. And he makes his opponents go to the exam hall with hands tied behind their backs and blindfolded. And amazingly he still manages to fail some papers occasionally. But no fear, when he fails, he simply has a re-take aka re-count and amazingly, the end result is in his favour !! THAT'S DEMOCRACY SINGAPORE STYLE FOR YOU !!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh, the old and tired excuses.

Obviously people are not buying into the old man's ideas on democracy. :p

Just take a look at the number of ex-Sporeans who have voted with their feet. :rolleyes:

Even the 66% are very angry with "the system". Many are hoping he ups the lorry & leave. He's out stayed his welcome :rolleyes:

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
i believe it was old man who said there is no beggers in sinkaPoor buy in NY!

is the old man blind??

When Ho Jinx lost billions he also said it was for long term investment,

wat is wrong with old man....this 7th Mth please do the world a favor and go home to nether world!

I promise to burn paper money for u since u like money so much ...mother farker!

ScarFace

Alfrescian
Loyal
logo.gif

New York gives homeless people a one-way ticket to leave city
Families given travel costs to tackle problem of overcrowded shelters and save taxpayers' money

Matthew Weaver
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 29 July 2009 11.45 BST

Homeless-men-sleep-on-par-001.jpg

Homeless men asleep on park benches in New York. Photograph: Mario Tama/Getty

New York has found a novel, if expensive, way of dealing with its overcrowded shelters – <blink>buying one-way tickets for homeless families to leave the city</blink>.

Under the initiative, by the administration of the mayor, Michael Bloomberg, hundreds of families have been given plane, rail, and bus tickets and even petrol vouchers to leave the city. One homeless family of five was given $6,332 (nearly £4,000) worth of travel costs to Paris, according to the New York Times.

The city justifies such costs because it argues the alternative is more expensive. It costs New York's taxpayers $36,000 to put up a homeless family in a night shelter for a year.

Families can qualify for the tickets if they have a relative in another part of the world, including the US, who says they are willing to house them.

Since the $500,000-a-year scheme was launched in 2007, 550 homeless families have been paid to leave the city. None have come back.

"We want to divert as many families as we can that need assistance," Vida Chavez-Downes, a city official said.

"We have paid for visas, we've gone down to the consulate, we've provided letters, we've paid for passports for people to go. Anyone who comes through our door."

Critics have dismissed the initiative as a gimmick.

Arnold Cohen, head of a New York campaign group, Partnership for the Homeless, told the New York Times: "The city is engaged in cosmetics. What we're doing is passing the problem of homelessness to another city. We're taking people from a shelter bed here to the living room couch of another family. Essentially, this family is still homeless."

The closest British equivalent was an initiative in London to relocate homeless families to towns with a surplus of homes, such as Huddersfield.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
He sounds like a typical sinkie loser to me.

There are hundreds of enterprising ways of earning good money in Sinkiepoor. This guy is obviously clueless.

fuck you leongsam:oIo::oIo:

KNNBCCB.. even that CB Kia tonychat showed more compassion than you.

fuck you:oIo: you must be damn proud of what you wrote.:oIo:

ScarFace

Alfrescian
Loyal
cbsnews_logo.jpg

Australian Outback Town Plans To Fine Beggars
DARWIN, Australia, Jul. 31, 2009

(AP) A town council in Australia's Outback has proposed discouraging beggars by slapping them with a 130 Australian dollar ($108) fine, but critics argued Friday that such penalties could increase the need for panhandling.

Jonathan Pilbrow, of the welfare group Northern Territory Council of Social Services, said beggars already struggle to pay their bills with their welfare checks, which they receive every two weeks.

"Even if they can find the money to meet the fine, it means they're going to be less well off the next fortnight (two weeks) and probably more likely to beg again," Pilbrow said.

The Alice Springs town council agreed at a meeting on Thursday night to seek public feedback on its plan to give rangers power to issue fines for begging.

"That's up to them to figure out how to pay it," council official Craig Catchlove said of the beggars.

Many of the beggars in Alice Springs have drifted in from surrounding tiny Aboriginal townships where alcohol is banned to drink and where they live as itinerants.

Paul Henderson, chief minister of Northern Territory where Alice Springs is the second-largest city, dismissed the plan as "wacky."

"Certainly it beggars belief to think that somebody that's out there so impoverished and destitute that they're begging for money can afford to pay the fine," Henderson told Australian Broadcasting Corp. radio.

Begging is currently not an offense in Alice Springs.-- AP

:eek::eek::eek: