• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond's Uncle former PAP MP Choo Wee Khiang

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You guys are too impatient to condemn Desmond Choo's family. The nomination is not over and the names can still change.

CakeLengKia

Alfrescian
Loyal
no matter what there are some truth in his 'pitch dark' comment but not appropriate to bring it on parliament leh

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Desmond has been earmarked to become Parliamentary Sec with PEP of MOS when he becomes MP. He will be moved to a safe seat in 2016."
If this is true, then what is the pappies tagline for BE "Always there for you" for?
Seems there are out to hookwind the hougang people.
But if Desmond Choo are to move on after winning the BE, high chance is that Hougang ward will be merged ino AMK GRC.
This will deprive WP of their stronghold.
Now WP is the rising force and that this is a pertinent move to take.
Unlike Potong Pasir, which is a standalone force previously govern by the dwindling PP.
It bears no threat to the pappies.

AhFook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond has been earmarked to become Parliamentary Sec with PEP of MOS when he becomes MP. He will be moved to a safe seat in 2016. I did not want to mention this earlier. He has been put on the same flight path template as Heng Chee How. Eric, Ken and Sitoh were not on that flight path.

This I agree totally. CWK only got couple of weeks, for the cheating case of more than $1m with fake invoices etc, any lessor mortals would be given at least couple of years. Yet, after he came out, he was made Director of Labour fountation and later President of the Table Tennis. And now you have his nephew standing for erections. These Choos are definitely very connected to the familee, surely not the ordinary porlampa!!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kinana said:
Desmond Choo did not do anything wrong. Can't find anything against him right?

He got the wrong family tree and, if the Old Man's belief is true, carries the defective gene. Is the Old Man's belief true by the way?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is common knowledge in the establishment. Like Heng Chee How, the PAP is getting their young ones bloodied to temper them. There is no expectation on him to win Hougang. Its also sends a message to potential PAP candidates that they won't abandon them. In the old days, Chng Jit Koon, Tang Guan Seng etc were people who were considered as experts in reading the ground. So was Choo Wee Khiang. They still need people like that. Hougang is an excellent place to get a al good feel. No point putting in a safe consitutency as there just to many sychohants giving the usual thumbs up message.

Its like a footbball team. No point winning against weaker opponents.

This piece of information, if true, has the potential to impact Desmond Choo adversely at this BE. The timing of your relevation is interesting. :wink:

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is common knowledge in the establishment. Like Heng Chee How, the PAP is getting their young ones bloodied to temper them. There is no expectation on him to win Hougang. Its also sends a message to potential PAP candidates that they won't abandon them. In the old days, Chng Jit Koon, Tang Guan Seng etc were people who were considered as experts in reading the ground. So was Choo Wee Khiang. They still need people like that. Hougang is an excellent place to get a al good feel. No point putting in a safe consitutency as there just to many sychohants giving the usual thumbs up message.

Its like a footbball team. No point winning against weaker opponents.

Scroobal sir. Desmond was reported saying that he would be in HG for the long haul. If he's indeed earmarked for political office (say parl sec), then chances are he will be placed somewhere else other than HG in GE 2016. Wouldn't that contradict him?

But I must say that my little bird said the same thing to me about Desmond being considered for higher office rather than just an MP. That's why I was surprised to hear him talk about wanting to be HG long long. Unless he's really confident of wrestling the seat back from WP at this BE or next GE.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, you wouldn't expect him to say, 'I will fight in Hougang now, but if I don't win, my masters will move me to a safe seat like AMK GRC so that I will then enter parliament by the rear. Then, I can go on to become an onion leader, or something like that.'

Scroobal sir. Desmond was reported saying that he would be in HG for the long haul. If he's indeed earmarked for political office (say parl sec), then chances are he will be placed somewhere else other than HG in GE 2016. Wouldn't that contradict him?

But I must say that my little bird said the same thing to me about Desmond being considered for higher office rather than just an MP. That's why I was surprised to hear him talk about wanting to be HG long long. Unless he's really confident of wrestling the seat back from WP at this BE or next GE.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, you wouldn't expect him to say, 'I will fight in Hougang now, but if I don't win, my masters will move me to a safe seat like AMK GRC so that I will then enter parliament by the rear. Then, I can go on to become an onion leader, or something like that.'

Agree. He can't say that. He can also choose not to say anything. Keeping silent is usually a good thing. At least you won't contradict yourself. Of course, if people suspect that you're fly-by-night and confront you, then bo bian must say something. Otherwise, some time better just keep quiet.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean that up to now, you still believe and trust what they say? remember that in GE2011, they let Goh Chok Tong and LKY lead their GRCs to victory and then afterwards "retire" them? Isnt that being dishonest to the voters? Do you think had the voters known this in advance, they would still have voted for them?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Eric Low said the same thing too, got fed up after losing against LTK consistently and complained abt how HG voters screwed him up and being a bunch of ungrateful wankers. HG looked like a 'slum' according to him too :rolleyes:

Last edited:

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean that up to now, you still believe and trust what they say? remember that in GE2011, they let Goh Chok Tong and LKY lead their GRCs to victory and then afterwards "retire" them? Isnt that being dishonest to the voters? Do you think had the voters known this in advance, they would still have voted for them?

If I'm a politician, I would probably not want to contradict myself and let constituents catch my inconsistencies. So I would stay silent on long-term commitments because you can never predict what's going to happen tmr.

GCT and LKY, and for that matter MBT and RL, were retired from the cabinet and retained their MP seats under very different circumstances. My reading is PM did not expect such a strong negative sentiments from the ground, until during the hustling period. PM had to control damage and the "retirement" was kind of bo bian. In that sense, I don't think it was calculated to mislead the public by having GCT, LKY, MBT and RL anchoring their respective GRCs. But for political reasons, PM had no choice given the ground sentiments. Particularly MBT and RL.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eric Low said the same thing too, got fed up after losing against LTK consistently and complained abt how HG voters screwed him up and being a bunch of ungrateful wankers. HG looked like a 'slum' according to him too :rolleyes:

Politicians will be politicians. Some of them will be motivated by personal interests, pride and ego. Those truly working for the people are a rare minority. We just have to take the words of politicians with a huge dose of salt.

Thanks for sharing.