• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Debunking the nid for large population for high GDP

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember last time LKY say 2 million can already, every family 2 is enough dont born more LOL

when i was in college which is like 10 years ago, i went for a talk and the plan then was already to target 7 million.

i think your figure 2 million was when i was still a sperm.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
then its neber going to end...bcos this gen of youngster will grow old & live longer, therefore you nid a larger gp of people behind to support them when they grow old...and snowballs...

cruel to say but some epidemic must knock off the old folks.

yeah i know, it is crazy right, but this is capitalism, you live in a capitalism society, dun you understand the fundamental of your economic?? When new money is created every year, the interest is not created, therefore, there will always be poor people who fall into debt and go under. Capitalism generate poor people every year, because the debt catch up with them. capitalism only work in pyramid model, therefore you keep hearing politican say growth is needed.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singveld said:
yeah i know, it is crazy right, but this is capitalism, you live in a capitalism society, dun you understand the fundamental of your economic?? When new money is created every year, the interest is not created, therefore, there will always be poor people who fall into debt and go under. Capitalism generate poor people every year, because the debt catch up with them. capitalism only work in pyramid model, therefore you keep hearing politican say growth is needed.

This is not just a pyramid. It is like a Ponzi Scheme. Eventually there will not be enough population growth to support such a model and the whole thing will collapse. The growth will stop due to over-saturation of the infrastructure making it not an attractive place to live in even if you employ a liberal immigration policy. But wait. Is the Singapore govt talking about continuous population growth? No. It talks about a terminal population. Instinctively it knows that for a small country the population growth cannot continue indefinitely. Saturation will be reached much faster than for a larger country. That is the hard truth for Singapore. Eventually its absolute economy size will be overtaken by countries with larger land masses that do not have this saturation problem. So Singapore should look at a different target for achievement - GDP per capita on a PPP basis and specifically the income per cap of the middle class. This will measure the actual quality of life of the average inhabitant. No point concentrating GDP only in the top 10 % of the population. It makes good statistics but the true quality of life.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's only the artificially induced of increase in population, it's also the artificially induced selection of racial ratio. Singapore has run out of Chinese immigrants from Malaysia and Indonesia and started opening the floodgate to the biggest source of Chinese, China itself.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore have population of abt 5m...of which nearly 50% non-citizens.

Gahmen is planning to hit 6.5m - their excuse / reason - that a sizeable population is needed to create a vibrant economy.

However, there were 44 countries with a GDP above $170 Billion in 2009, of these the following have a population of less than 5 million people:

So, the myth of size does matter is not true...Norway (i noe Ireland is now in the dumps) is a fine example.

*23rd - Norway, $255Billion GDP with a 2010 predicted population of about 4.9 million (just inside 5 million!)
*38th - Republic of Ireland, $228Billion GDP with a 2010 predicted population of about 4.5 million
*43rd - Singapore, $177Billion GDP with a 2010 predicted population of about 4.99 million (amazingly Singapore just sneaks in on both accounts).

use your brain lah sinkie,

They want more votes towards them by the new citizens plus since sinkies got no balls to deal with them, they can do anything they want.. So if you got no fucking balls to go to the streets , just go to one corner and get a dildo and stuff it up your ass.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal

this has absolutely nothing to do with capitalism. the pyramid scheme is a result of fractional reserve banking. even the communist economies are subject to the same problems. capitalism only deals with the process of wealth distribution.

get your facts right, not just shoot half-ass comments from your mouth.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's only the artificially induced of increase in population, it's also the artificially induced selection of racial ratio. Singapore has run out of Chinese immigrants from Malaysia and Indonesia and started opening the floodgate to the biggest source of Chinese, China itself.

China only meh ???

i started to smell shits pouring in liao....

yes... Shitsssssss......

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Men Just Want To Interfere With Nature

[video=youtube;sc4HxPxNrZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc4HxPxNrZ0[/video]

then its neber going to end...bcos this gen of youngster will grow old & live longer, therefore you nid a larger gp of people behind to support them when they grow old...and snowballs...

cruel to say but some epidemic must knock off the old folks.

The cruel fact of life is that only the strongest creatures should last and the weak and aged will be destroyed by weather, terrain, diseases, predators, etc. Science has been the God of Longevity which has created another problem - overpopulation. Now, we are seeing a 7 billion people that suck the Earth dry of its resources and not to forget the waste they are producing.