• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DBS Sends "O$P$" Letter To Student

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/ST+Forum/Online+Story/STIStory_343392.html

Graduates given short notice about DBS loan repayment

THE recent economic gloom has spurred the Government to provide respite for fresh graduates by suspending repayment of tuition fees from April 1 this year to March 31 next year.
The move is definitely welcome, especially among my peers who have yet to secure a full-time job. However, it seems DBS Bank has yet to understand the unfortunate circumstances young people face now.

I received a tuition fee repayment notice from DBS on Wednesday. The notice stated that the repayment date was set at March 1 this year.

First, this means DBS will be able to charge interest for the month of March, before the government relief kicks in. Second, it leaves people with only two working days to make repayment, if they wish to do so.

DBS is within its rights to demand repayment of the loan, despite the poor economic conditions. What I find irksome is the short timeframe for people to respond to this notice.

I called DBS earlier this year to clarify the repayment schedule, but the officer told me to wait for the letter of notice for more details.

The short timeframe means some of my employed friends have had to take urgent leave to visit DBS, while my jobless peers are resigned to the additional interest charge, before the relief kicks in.

Is there an appropriate time period to inform people to make loan repayments? If there is none, perhaps such a consideration can be taken into account when the Association of Banks in Singapore updates the Code of Consumer Banking Practice.

Toh Zhi Sian

sgnewsalte

Alfrescian
Loyal
While foreign students are given no-bond full scholarships & pocket money by the Spore govt, needy Singaporean students have to take study loan from banks. Now Temasek's DBS is sending O$P$ letter to local students even though they may not be able to get a job now. Without a job, how are these students going to pay back the loan? This is what you will get voting for the PAP - YOU DIE YOUR BUSINESS! :mad: