• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DBS last supper is lousy!

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
<p>Lousy. EVEn death row pple have better last meals!&nbsp;
</p>
<p> AS DBS Group Holdings staff filed into The Rock auditorium at Suntec City on Friday morning for their quarterly townhall meeting with senior management, they already had some inkling the news wouldn’t be good.
</p>
<div style="visibility: hidden;">.
</div>After all, the economy wasn’t doing well, the bank was under fire for its sales of Lehman Brothers-linked structured products, and the other two local banks had posted lower earnings for the quarter ended Sept 30.
<div style="visibility: hidden;">.
</div>:biggrin:BS, Singapore’s largest lender, had laid out a breakfast spread of <font size="5">bee hoon, fried carrot cake and sandwiches</font> for the more than 1,000 staff. At 9am, they trooped into the hall, joining some 500 colleagues from around the region listening in via videoconference to what chief executive Richard Stanley, chief financial officer Chng Sok Hui and board chairman Koh Boon Hwee had to say about third-quarter earnings.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's time they take note of how much they deserve to be paid before believeing to Goh Chok Tong's tune of spending more money !

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
<p>Lousy. EVEn death row pple have better last meals!&nbsp;
</p>
</div>:biggrin:BS, Singapore’s largest lender, had laid out a breakfast spread of <font size="5">bee hoon, fried carrot cake and sandwiches</font>.

No waffles? No bacon? Not even Chwee Kueh? No class. The smart ones would've walked out and beelined to Lau Par Sat. Choi!

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
should give free ticket to the latest musical

highnotes5musical.jpg

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>Singapore’s largest lender, had laid out a breakfast spread of bee hoon, fried carrot cake and sandwiches for the more than 1,000 staff.

De Budget Spread :biggrin:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Better be careful. Your IP is tracked by the ISD and GLCs here. Cowards as they are because Singapore is a North Korea pretending to conduct free international trade but more like illegal trade, including money laundering.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chwee Kueh is very oily n oily 2 the core! :eek:
its quite cartoon wen i overheard the other day an auntie asking for less oil for her order :biggrin::rolleyes:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chwee Kueh is very oily n oily 2 the core! :eek:
its quite cartoon wen i overheard the other day an auntie asking for less oil for her order :biggrin::rolleyes:

Chwee Kueh is a very simple dish, just steamed rice flour, and the condiments can be kept warm in a slow cooker till needed. Living overseas, we make this for ourselves once in a while when we don't want to go anywhere for the weekend and have had enough cereal and toast for the week.

My last two visits to Sg, the chwee kueh was reaaly bad! How these vendors can screwup a common local favorite like this is beyond me. Yes, it is oily, but that's only the chye por - which is just a dash, not the entire dish, This is akin to butter spread on slice of whatever; I don't remember chwee kueh drowning in oil. All the vendor has to do is scoop the chye por with a sieved or perforated ladle/spoon. The combiation of smooth plain rice and savoury radish makes it a very unique breakfast dish or snack. :p

Cheers!

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chwee Kueh is a very simple dish, just steamed rice flour, and the condiments can be kept warm in a slow cooker till needed. Living overseas, we make this for ourselves once in a while when we don't want to go anywhere for the weekend and have had enough cereal and toast for the week.

My last two visits to Sg, the chwee kueh was reaaly bad! How these vendors can screwup a common local favorite like this is beyond me. Yes, it is oily, but that's only the chye por - which is just a dash, not the entire dish, This is akin to butter spread on slice of whatever; I don't remember chwee kueh drowning in oil. All the vendor has to do is scoop the chye por with a sieved or perforated ladle/spoon. The combiation of smooth plain rice and savoury radish makes it a very unique breakfast dish or snack. :p

Cheers!

I guess that stall you visited did not do justice to it. There are still good stalls that serve chwee kueh, just need to search for it.

Nevertheless, sometimes we wish that life could be that much simple, the chwee kueh dish, very unassuming and yet tasty.

cunnosieur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chief executive Richard Stanley (ANG MO CMI FT)

Chief financial officer Chng Sok Hui (MSIAN FT)

Board chairman Koh Boon Hwee (SPORE LT)
:oIo:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess that stall you visited did not do justice to it. There are still good stalls that serve chwee kueh, just need to search for it.

Nevertheless, sometimes we wish that life could be that much simple, the chwee kueh dish, very unassuming and yet tasty.

Well, its not my habit to scout for what's good and what's not when it comes to a quick meal but you're right. One morning I had the one at Ghim Moh while waiting for a friend and that was good. However, I was putting up at Simei side and the neighborhood fare there just didn't measure up; I shook my head when I saw the vendor scoop the things out from plastic moulds (wonder if melamine has a transparent grade or not?) and the bite into it was the dissapointing part - it was powdery!

Cheers!

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
chairman Koh Boon Hwee is another JIXN. When he with SIA got SARS , now with DBS got SUBPRIME. IMH should check if his brain damage by NS.