• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DBS CEO has Leukemia!

RealSingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
DBS is been cursed. So is PAP.
if your working for this type of company or organisation just be aware. u may be cursed too.

base on what happen in sg for the past six months, Sign of SGD to depreicate 30 to 50 % is here. may happen by year end. no joke.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, impressed you took trouble to "vet" him & search facebook :biggrin:

He impressed with the wife lah like me. Facebook is wife's.

Remembered when I was in the same swimming pool with her in the late 1980s when she was still married to some local "charp cheng" guy. I saw her nipples protruding through her swimsuit. Wah...si beh steam...big like marbles.

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its the curse of the DBS Lehman minibond holders who were rejected in their appeal for compensation. Less than half of those got their money back. So this is the ultimate outcome for the CEO of DBS who steadfastly refused to admit that his relationship managers sold junk & had no knowledge of what risks meant as they were only interested in their sales commissions. Who promoted these sales commissions? The CEO & top management.

But still Richard Fuld, ex-CEO, of Lehman still not charged yet for negligent governance of his bank. Something should befall him too!

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the directors hired him....makes you wonder what happened to their vetting procedures? Surely it has gone to the dogs...because there was vetting, I'm sure it isn't much.

In any case, investors wouldn't feel confident with DBS. It looks even more badly-run than ever.

True badly run judging from their responses on Lehman minibonds issue. that's why my money is stashed elsewhere. Only small pitiful sum at DBS.

Maybank is heaps above DBS in terms of customer service & interest rates.

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
He impressed with the wife lah like me. Facebook is wife's.

Remembered when I was in the same swimming pool with her in the late 1980s when she was still married to some local "charp cheng" guy. I saw her nipples protruding through her swimsuit. Wah...si beh steam...big like marbles.

You sure she was married before she took up with this American chap?

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
True badly run judging from their responses on Lehman minibonds issue. that's why my money is stashed elsewhere. Only small pitiful sum at DBS.

Maybank is heaps above DBS in terms of customer service & interest rates.

Me too. I have a few hundred over there and that's it. Most of my money are in Australia. I trust them more, because the regulatory system forces the big 4 banks over there to be more transparent, and to be accountable- and to ensure a high level of professionalism.

Here we don't even know whether the currently sick-and-gonna-go-chemo CEO was appointed by the Board truly- or was it a political appointee by people upstairs beyond the power of the Board of Directors.

Its the curse of the DBS Lehman minibond holders who were rejected in their appeal for compensation. Less than half of those got their money back. So this is the ultimate outcome for the CEO of DBS who steadfastly refused to admit that his relationship managers sold junk & had no knowledge of what risks meant as they were only interested in their sales commissions. Who promoted these sales commissions? The CEO & top management.

Nah. I don't think its a curse. Having said that, with such a situation, there will be, understandably, some who will attribute this to karma. To me though, it's more plausible that he already had symptoms of the cancer even before he was appointed, but was appointed anyway. Plus, they didn't say it was at which stage. But looking in between the lines, my guess its in its later stages- otherwise he wouldn't have requested a 6 month absence. He will go for aggressive chemo and his doctors will aggressively find a bone marrow donor. This is serious and again, it goes back to the question of proper vetting and the process itself- to see if it has been politicised or not.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is serious and again, it goes back to the question of proper vetting and the process itself- to see if it has been politicised or not.

He must have "connections"

Our so called PM has medical problems but that didn't stop jim from becoming brigadier, PM, etc :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Remembered when I was in the same swimming pool with her in the late 1980s when she was still married to some local "charp cheng" guy. I saw her nipples protruding through her swimsuit. Wah...si beh steam...big like marbles.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

She obviously upgraded from "charp cheng" to FT :p

After 20 years shes now an auntie. At least some uncles still have "si beh steam" memories :biggrin: