• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Days of Montagut, Fred Perry & Munsingwear T-shirts..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How time fLies ! ; gone are the days when wearing one is Like you were up there ..:wink:
Any fond memories of your fave T's Brothers ?..:smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember every self respecting and successful bookie, uncles who are single and detective would not caught dad outside in the day without Montagut.

I heard they had a factory in Jurong and when they had clearence stock, the largest concentration of bookies will be outside the gate.

jw5

Loyal
How time fLies ! ; gone are the days when wearing one is Like you were up there ..:wink:
Any fond memories of your fave T's Brothers ?..:smile:

I actually have a montagut which I'm still wearing. Don't think it's THAT old......
Never realised that it meant we were up there,......... Really?

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
..was cLearing dad's & mine's wardrobes' earLier ; when i reaLised there were quite a few pieces of them foLded
neatLy by our ex-maid ..and hence the thread..:o:wink:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgot to add - if you owe money best not to wear Montagut in those days. Sure keena walloped according to my mum.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh, i saw some Round-necked St.Sebastian T's too; that Logo of a baLd guy ..bought them from PeninsuLa
at Least 20 years ago ! :eek:

jw5

Loyal
Oh, i saw some Round-necked St.Sebastian T's too; that Logo of a baLd guy ..bought them from PeninsuLa
at Least 20 years ago ! :eek:

these days, hush puppies is very popular, perhaps becos of the cute dog........................

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me never like 2 pay moni 2 advertise 4 ppl 1 ... u buy such tings, dey got a big logo on their shirt n u carry it around wif u wherever u go in their shirt ...

got 1 time ... wok round n round montagut shirt displays a few times ... cant find anyting nice ...

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Forgot to add - if you owe money best not to wear Montagut in those days. Sure keena walloped according to my mum.

When You wore Montagut then, peopLe wouLd expect you to whip out a St.Dupont Lighter, that sounds the
'ting' ; the moment you fLick the the cap opened..:wink:
Ktvs' Mamasans wouLd sureLy know that a VIP have arrived .:biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep bro. Int those days you can hear the ting very often . I forgot about it. There was also a period when you wore a montagut, had a Dupont , you also had to perm your hair like a mini afro.

When You wore Montagut then, peopLe wouLd expect you to whip out a St.Dupont Lighter, that sounds the
'ting' ; the moment you fLick the the cap opened..:wink:
Ktvs' Mamasans wouLd sureLy know that a VIP have arrived .:biggrin:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When You wore Montagut then, peopLe wouLd expect you to whip out a St.Dupont Lighter

dupont16827.jpg

Ha, during younger days used to have one like this

but no mamasan though

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yep bro. Int those days you can hear the ting very often . I forgot about it. There was also a period when you wore a montagut, had a Dupont , you also had to perm your hair like a mini afro.
That's when Mamasans treat you Like Kings.. :wink::eek:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Burberry's. Expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Bought a few polo t-shirts many years ago. They last and last, not like cheap Giordano/Bossini crap.

A good shirt (any shirt) doesn't fade or stretch after wash, the material feels good on your skin. And it should be 100% cotton, not cheapo polyester.

Sadly, Burberry's recently closed their UK factories and are moving some manufacturing to China.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember every self respecting and successful bookie, uncles who are single and detective would not caught dad outside in the day without Montagut.

I heard they had a factory in Jurong and when they had clearence stock, the largest concentration of bookies will be outside the gate.

That's right. When chiong nightclub, must wear Montagut with Rolex on the wrist. Even those in their late 20s emulate their uncles.