• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CSJ and wife opening cafe at rochester mall.....

jw5

Loyal
CSJ takes a photo of Santa. :laugh:

1671889338279.png

jw5

Loyal
It's 2023 and CSJ is still not happy with PAP. :laugh:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

9 h ·
“The current climate of persistent inflation and dampened economic growth looks set to continue in 2023.” – TODAY, 3 Jan 2023
“…professional forecasters raised their forecast for inflation in Singapore for both 2022 and 2023.” – Straits Times, 14 Dec 2022
Inflation will remain higher in 2023 than the historical average. Monetary Authority of Singapore
Yet, the PAP, in all its infinite greed, has raised the GST to 8%. Welcome to 2023, my friends. It doesn’t end there; a year from now, it’ll be 9%.
The tragedy is that through all this, S’poreans have never found it easy to make a buck. We scrimp and scrape, that dollar getting ever more difficult to earn.
But ensconced in their gilded offices and aided by coteries of civil servants catering to their every whim – all paid for by public funds – the PAP, with a stroke of the pen, continues to keep up their regimen of raising the cost of living for the people.
1% here, $2 there may not seem like much to wealthy ministers. But for the rest of us, it’s a gruelling existence.
But in a parallel universe, times have never been so good for the ruling few. Take, for instance, the mayors. Low Yen Ling, Denise Phua, Desmond Choo, Alex Yam, Mohd Fahmi Aliman, all mayors, are paid $660,000 plus another $192,500 (MP allowance) annually. That’s a grand total of $852,000 or 4 million big ones over a 5-year parliamentary term. And it’s all coming right out of your pocket.
Quick question: how long does it take you to make $4 million?
Now take a look at how much the Mayor of London gets: $250,000 a year. And he takes care of a constituency of 2.5 million voters, roughly the same number of voters in the whole of Singapore.
And what do our Singapore mayors do? Damned if anyone knows.
In the meantime, they dish out construction projects that are quite inexplicable. I’ve pointed on innumerous occasions wasteful spending on projects that have little benefit to the people: walkways that lead to nowhere, amphitheatres that no one uses, million-dollar rubbish centres that no one gets.
I have one more. The picture attached shows what looks to be a make-shift bus-stop erected next to an existing one that looks perfectly serviceable. That was several weeks ago when it was cordoned off but nothing has yet been done.
It’s easy for the PAP to knock down, tear up, build again projects that cost huge amounts of money and then increase taxes and fees to pay for them. For the government, it’s easy money.
On a more astronomical scale, we recently “wrote down” $275 million over the FTX cryptocurrency collapse. But according to future-PM Lawrence Wong, we suffered a “reputational damage”. It’s ok, we’ll just move on, plenty of those $$ where it came from.
But even that amount is dwarfed by what we lost in the 2008 Financial Crisis where losses in investments in Western banks amounted to hundreds of billions. Again, all is well as we just move on.
For years, the SDP has warned hard on this matter. We’ll continue to do so. The only way that we’re to bring the PAP under control is for the country to elect more opposition MPs – ones who will take the PAP to task.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why do you allege that it is 2023, and CSJ is unhappy with the PAP gocernment?
I believe that CSJ is posting or writing about the issues of the day, current and relevant issues.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Why do you allege that it is 2023, and CSJ is unhappy with the PAP gocernment?
I believe that CSJ is posting ir writing about the issues of the day, current and relevant issues.

Yes, indeed. Absolutely Agree that CSJ is posting about relevant issues. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
CSJ is looking forward to visiting BB tomorrow. :wink:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

9 h ·
Looking forward to visiting BB tomorrow to help usher in CNY celebrations. In the meantime, bring family and friends to Orange & Teal for your lohei festivities.
1f9e8.png
1f407.png
1f9e7.png
Call us to make a reservation and pre-order:
1f4de.png
6993 1006 (Rochester Mall)
1f4de.png
6803 6516 (Marina Square)
Please note that the Rochester outlet is closed on 22 & 23 Jan. The Marina Sq outlet is closed on 22 Jan.

1673702599131.png

jw5

Loyal
CSJ celebrates CNY with BB residents. :wink:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

11 h ·
Celebrating CNY with BB residents and taking in the festivities with everyone there. On behalf of SDP and Orange & Teal, I wish one and all Happy New Year and Gong Xi Fa Cai!
1f9e8.png
1f407.png
1f9e7.png

Took many photos with residents, selfies and all. These are some of my absolute favourites especially the one with the two little girls. Met them at McDonalds and their parents asked if I would take a photo with them. Didn't need a second invitation. Aren't they adorable?
By the way, O&T at Rochester is closed on 22 & 23 Jan, Marina Sq is closed on 22 Jan. See you there!

1674308451769.png