• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Creative bets big on Zii technology

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the issue of being innovative in Singapore. Why is it that Singaporean can't be innovative anymore? I remember that Sim was a poly grad that actually "invented" the soundblaster. What actually makes it so hard for Singapore to create more Sims nowadays? Is he just being lucky?

Sporeans in Spore are "insulated" by whats going on in the outside world.
We don't even have free time to "think" about whats really going on as we're too busy at work.

Sim may have been critical of the system in Spore in the past but obviously he's been co-opted by the PAP. Anyone who decides to stay in Spore will have to accept the status quo. This is why I don't think any biz which requires creativity of thought will ever succeed in Spore.

Snipeshot08

Alfrescian
Loyal
Creative is a one shot wonder.

The fact that it had a long gestating cash cow in the variants of the sound card ending in the USB port variant doesn't mean it cannot be profitable for quite some time. Tech companies are not unlike drug companies, with cash cows hard to identify.

However, subsequent R&D to produce new growth in the company have invariably not been as successful.

Apple has never given out any dividens & yet their share prices are going up. I remember that at one time Creative shares were higher than Apple :eek:

If Creative had products that people wanted the shares would be going up & not down. What other products did Creative make: keyboards, mouse, ZEN, .... They became a company of "me too" products. It's only a matter of time when it becomes history :rolleyes:

Hi gentlemen

Sigh......okay maybe its my fault, I should have laid it out in a more easily digestable manner :wink:

When people say someone or something is a "1-Shot Wonder", it simplys means they get famous or profitable immediately, than quickly fade out of sight or close down, when I said this is a misnomer for Creative is simply because they remain profitable for a few years hence still able to give out dividends for a few years.

In fact your exact post above (in RED) already also agrees with the fact that they have a cash cow in the sound cards and was profitable for some time after IPO (unless you had mistyped).

What I have said has totally nothing to do with the value of their shares or the viability of the company, it just simply to say that "1-shot wonder" is a misnomer not too applicable for this case.

Hope this clears up the air, lets move on......:biggrin:

Snipeshot08

Alfrescian
Loyal
After skimming through the article, I have no idea WTF is Zii. What kind of reporting is this?

Also, can't they be more Creative in coming out with a product name?

Actually if I am not wrong they intend to expand upon the "Zen" name and yet wanted something hip like ipod so ended up with a hybrid of Zii :biggrin:

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where do you suggest I start to find out more about Sim, Strait Times :smile:

If you look at US companies the better ones have board of directors from other companies, also got ex-employees from other tech companies moving around. This cross fertilization is good for tech companies. as they bring different ideas into these companies. So what is the composition of Creatives board of directors, family?, PAP?

Agree with you man!!!

In the past, Creative was a very innovative and creative company until they starts to let the PAP ministers parasites crawls in and became the board of directors.

These PAP leeches are brain dead and cannot think out of the box, only knows how to collect hundreds and thousands of dollars by doing nothing and just putting their names there on the boards.

They must have restricted the Creative from being Creative and thus led to the downfall of Creative.

Do you know when Sim just started out on his own, he approached the Spring and asked for funding for his projects and products and do you know what the fucking Spring told him?

"Do you have a degree? If not we cannot help you!" said Spring.

Sim was so pissed off that when he make it big in Overseas for his Creative soundblaster, Sim was awarded for best entreprener of the year in Sinkgapore for conservatively 5 years and Sim never turned up to collect the award.

Until Goh Chok Tong got to pay him a personal and private visit and persuaded him, then Sim agreed to collect the entreprener award the next year.

So you tell me? Anything that involved PAP ministers parasites, do these parasites cultivate Creativity and Innovations? Or do they killed them off so as they the PAP parasites can do less jobs and collects more money and bonuses for themselves?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So you tell me? Anything that involved PAP ministers parasites, do these parasites cultivate Creativity and Innovations? Or do they killed them off so as they the PAP parasites can do less jobs and collects more money and bonuses for themselves?

Can understand the PAP infection as I've seen first hand the damage that can happen to a company.

Before the the recession the MNC company I work with hired some ex-GLC people for the HR dept. It was disgusting when these people started interfering with worker benefits. It made alot of people angry & many quit to join other companies.

This was interference at a junior level, can imagine the damage if they were senior managers :rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should have stayed in California....where they made a name for themselves...and rather come home to SINgapore ( not five), and get 'shafted' by high rentals etc...

anyway...creative other than their sound cards, any other products I do not trust...do you?:p

customers have been fuming about buggy driver and support issues on their sound cards for years. that market share has fallen steeply due to increasing customer dissatisfaction, competition and audio/media integration by chip, motherboard and pc manufacturers.