• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cpt. Goh Meng Seng Declines So-Called NS Recognition Award

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cpt. Goh can surf this forum or other sites all day if he wants to. He owns a computer shop. He sits behind a computer at his shop. He's not skiving when surfing, he's the boss. But that doesn't mean he doesn't walk the grounds. He does, on average of twice per week, once daytime and once night-time. I'm amazed at the call for him to "walk the grounds." Just because mainstream media don't report it, it means he doesn't do it?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cpt. Goh can surf this forum or other sites all day if he wants to. He owns a computer shop. He sits behind a computer at his shop. He's not skiving when surfing, he's the boss. But that doesn't mean he doesn't walk the grounds. He does, on average of twice per week, once daytime and once night-time. I'm amazed at the call for him to "walk the grounds." Just because mainstream media don't report it, it means he doesn't do it?

Bought the North Start News for $2, saw his party president, didn't see GMS? :wink:

sampierre

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear RAMSETH,

It's a very valid concern that Oppostion supporters in this forum have for Cpt. (NS) GMS if he's spending too much time on internet forums at the expense of going out and spending time getting to know Tampines residents better as the day of reckoning ie. Polling Day draws nearer. We all know that even if 100% of Sammyboy's participants voted for NSP, it will NEVER translate into into victory for GMS at the polls!!
Since you are a self-proclaimed MENTOR to Cpt GMS, I presume you have also assume RESPONSIBILITY for the success of GMS and his teammates in achieving at least 51% of the votes in Tampines GRC ??? :rolleyes:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Since you are a self-proclaimed MENTOR to Cpt GMS, I presume you have also assume RESPONSIBILITY for the success of GMS and his teammates in achieving at least 51% of the votes in Tampines GRC ??? :rolleyes:

Elections Mentor?
don't need 51%, just 1 more vote more than MBT will do.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear RAMSETH,

It's a very valid concern that Oppostion supporters in this forum have for Cpt. (NS) GMS if he's spending too much time on internet forums at the expense of going out and spending time getting to know Tampines residents better as the day of reckoning ie. Polling Day draws nearer. We all know that even if 100% of Sammyboy's participants voted for NSP, it will NEVER translate into into victory for GMS at the polls!!

He has to make his living. He owns and runs a computer shop.

It's not possible that customers flow in incessantly. There'll be peak hours when business is busy and he won't be surfing here or anywhere, just attending to customers. There'll be dull times during which he surfs the net. Better use of time and mind than the proverbial catching mosquito, isn't it?

It's not like some forummers assume, he surfs the net all day long doing nothing else. He does have to take offs for NSP meetings, walkabouts, paper sales etc. This nobody noticed except those who've met him in Tampines and other constituencies.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
If NSP switches its ideology to anarcho-capitalism, I'll finance the party in a heart beat.

Areopagus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who are KAHs or those who are holding important appointments without obvious successors keep serving until 50!
Some LTAs are let go when they have completed their cycles....

Just ask anyone CPT and above

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He has to make his living. He owns and runs a computer shop.

It's not possible that customers flow in incessantly. There'll be peak hours when business is busy and he won't be surfing here or anywhere, just attending to customers. There'll be dull times during which he surfs the net. Better use of time and mind than the proverbial catching mosquito, isn't it?

It's not like some forummers assume, he surfs the net all day long doing nothing else. He does have to take offs for NSP meetings, walkabouts, paper sales etc. This nobody noticed except those who've met him in Tampines and other constituencies.

You must be sniffing his trail every where he goes...out of habit, I believe. Private Chow Ah Beng, must salute Capt GOh or not?, or you, must be an ASP or higher...must stand attention, talking to you?:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those who are KAHs or those who are holding important appointments without obvious successors keep serving until 50!
Some LTAs are let go when they have completed their cycles....

Just ask anyone CPT and above

Cpt. Goh is in line for Maj. promotion. However, being in opposition so vigorously will cost him some points.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was changed sometime in the early 1990s. It is now 50 for commissioned officers unless they are posted to Civil Defence etc. Many of them who are in the late 40s now spend their ICT going on overseas attachment with foreign forces taking part in live firing exercises with fellow officers and other war games. They no longer are with their men who long since completed their cycle.

R u sure or not? I enlisted in early 90s ok. So the change would involve me right? Just tell me how many cycles officers need to serve now.

As far as officers are concern, as long as they finish their ict cycle, they go into MR. No need serve til 50. Those servw til 50 are those who keep defering ict and thus did not complete their cycle. Am I right? I m not speaking from air. I lta SIFU ok. Hahaha.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
R u sure or not? I enlisted in early 90s ok. So the change would involve me right? Just tell me how many cycles officers need to serve now.

As far as officers are concern, as long as they finish their ict cycle, they go into MR. No need serve til 50. Those servw til 50 are those who keep defering ict and thus did not complete their cycle. Am I right? I m not speaking from air. I lta SIFU ok. Hahaha.

Lta. Sifu (giving you the benefit of doubt to your claim),

Cpt. GMS ROD as Lta. Promotion in reservist comes with commitment even though just reservist. Promotion in reservist also comes with cost of extra years. The limit for NCO is 40 and the limit for CO is 50. If you're really Lta., you should know that well.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lta. Sifu (giving you the benefit of doubt to your claim),

Cpt. GMS ROD as Lta. Promotion in reservist comes with commitment even though just reservist. Promotion in reservist also comes with cost of extra years. The limit for NCO is 40 and the limit for CO is 50. If you're really Lta., you should know that well.

what r u talking about?? cpt gms is CO?? cpt the most OC, what CO.

damn act smart. people asking scroobal to clarify if all officers need to serve til 50, u must come in and say what limit for CO is 50?? not all ns officers are CO ok, u never heard of PC, OC before?? chey. my point is u only need to serve til 50 if you DID NOT complete your ict cycle by then.

i say i am lta SIFU means i am. this type of thing no need to lie. my batch, occ 05/91, sierra company at the then SAFTI. when i just go in to ocs, bryan wong (mediacorp actor) was in his professional term. somehow he kena marked and they did not let me pass out. in the and he got sergeant rank. why i mentioned him, becos he was my sec schoolmate. why was he in ocs b4 me? becos he is a level, i poly ok so i got enlisted later.

just becos u r a lousy regular ex-poodle doesn't mean others can be officer ok. pui.

more info for u. every year ocs got 4 batch of officers pass out. my batch the guest of honour is then president wee kim wee. it was also his last commisioning parade before ong teng cheong took over. pui u again.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

damn act smart. people asking scroobal to clarify if all officers need to serve til 50, u must come in and say what limit for CO is 50?? not all ns officers are CO ok, u never heard of PC, OC before?? chey. my point is u only need to serve til 50 if you DID NOT complete your ict cycle by then.

i say i am lta SIFU means i am. this type of thing no need to lie. my batch, occ 05/91, sierra company at the then SAFTI. when i just go in to ocs, bryan wong (mediacorp actor) was in his professional term. somehow he kena marked and they did not let me pass out. in the and he got sergeant rank. why i mentioned him, becos he was my sec schoolmate. why was he in ocs b4 me? becos he is a level, i poly ok so i got enlisted later.

just becos u r a lousy regular ex-poodle doesn't mean others can be officer ok. pui.

more info for u. every year ocs got 4 batch of officers pass out. my batch the guest of honour is then president wee kim wee. it was also his last commisioning parade before ong teng cheong took over. pui u again.

I private Chow Ah Beng, so, I must Salute you also, Lta Sifu?...were you the OCS batch in Tekong, while I was on reservist attachment in 1991, as a controller, section on Topo march with MAP, got lost ?? in TEKONG..then, me, private Chow Ah Beng, must sa lu te you!!:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I Private Chow Ah Beng, must Sa lu te you LTA Sifu also?

Were you in the OCS section on topo march, with map on Tekong in 1991; while I was on reservist attached as a controller, got lost on TEKONG?

ha ha ha....:biggrin:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I Private Chow Ah Beng, must Sa lu te you LTA Sifu also?

Were you in the OCS section on topo march, with map on Tekong in 1991; while I was on reservist attached as a controller, got lost on TEKONG?

ha ha ha....:biggrin:

erm. i doubt so.

in jul 1991 i was in tekong but as a chow recruit.

later on after posting to ocs, we re-visited tekong in 2 or 3 other occasions. if i remembered correctly, those tekong exercises are later part of ocs training, meaning i would only go back to tekong again sometime in early 1992, not 1991 liao.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
erm. i doubt so.

in jul 1991 i was in tekong but as a chow recruit.

later on after posting to ocs, we re-visited tekong in 2 or 3 other occasions. if i remembered correctly, those tekong exercises are later part of ocs training, meaning i would only go back to tekong again sometime in early 1992, not 1991 liao.

So sad, if not I sa lu te you, with a map ( printed map, not GPRS), the section got lost in Tekong....LOST IN TEKONG.....

If any of those in that section are Capt, Maj, Col...myRear Adm or BG....I shake my head...I hope Capt Goh not in that section...:p

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm his adviser and spokesman.

This might explain his lack of political success

Btw, i'm done supporting you clowns. I shall never make the mistake of voting for opposition again, neither will i support the PAP :biggrin:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Protest some more?
GMS waiting to kenna charged for Insubordination?

NSlave refusing pay will be charged together with making unauthorised public statement as a NSlave.

Cpt. Goh will decline the award. He says it's meaningless and unfair for him to collect it when old soldiers are forgotten. He couldn't in good conscience use the money even if it's just CPF when his men and predecessors are deprived.

We must remember why Cpt. Goh is still serving when most of his men MR already. Commissioned officers serve till 50.