• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CPFLife payouts for life

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The question here then would be how much is the freaking payout. Pay me $1 every month also payout for life. Pay me $100 every month also payout for life but can I survive with $100, the answer is definitely NO. Also what about inflation, would there be adjustments for inflation. Too many things goes unanswered :oIo::oIo:

MANPOWER Minister Gan Kim Yong has assured Singaporeans they will receive a monthly payout from the CPFLife annuity scheme for the rest of their lives, despite a 'disturbing' provision in the new law.

He gave this pledge on Monday when replying to Madam Halimah Yacob (Jurong GRC) and Madam Ho Geok Choo (West Coast GRC).

They were debating a major change to the Central Provident Fund (CPF) Act that will introduce the CPFLife scheme. This will give members a steady stream of retirement income from age 65. However, both MPs were worried by the lack of guarantee on premiums and payouts in the new law, which they argued gave the Government too much discretion in deciding the amounts.

Mr Gan, in his bid to allay any fears, said it was not feasible to guarantee the amount paid. This is because the monthly sum would have to be adjusted regularly, 'taking into account interest rates and mortality experience to ensure the solvency of the Lifelong Income Fund'.

The fund, administered by the CPF Board, holds the money that members use to participate in the annuity scheme. But the minister was quick to add: 'CPFLife members can rest assured they will receive payouts for as long as they live.'

The remark was directed at Madam Halimah, chairman of the Government Parliamentary Committee for Manpower, who noted that the law allows the CPF Board to stop CPFLife payments unless the Lifelong Income Fund is solvent. 'While I can understand the legal basis for this provision, I find it quite disturbing to have it reflected in the Bill,' she said.

There are similar clauses for commercial insurance companies, she noted, but added: 'The relationship between the CPF Board and the CPF members, however, is not just a legal contract but... a social contract as the board has a social responsibility to manage CPF funds prudently in order to help Singaporeans meet their retirement needs.' She wanted to know what are the safeguards for protecting CPF members against the risk of the fund's insolvency.

In his reply, Mr Gan said CPFLife has to be self-funded and sustainable. 'The minister cannot make changes at will but must base his decisions on sound actuarial principles to ensure that fund solvency will not be compromised.'

The CPFLife scheme will be rolled out in September for those who are 55 this year - ahead of its implementation date in 2013. They can choose one of four plans that offer different amounts of payouts.

Other changes to the Act, which was passed on Monday, also help members to enjoy the benefits of CPFLife. One is the Lease Buyback Scheme for low-income senior citizens to unlock the value of their housing assets. The Housing Board buys back the tail-end of their flat's lease, leaving members with a shorter 30-year lease. Part of the sale proceeds can be used to join the CPFLife scheme, said Mr Gan.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are asking people to mortgage their house to pay CPFLife Scheme.
Another evil scheme from MIW.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
THat is what happen when you stay in sinkieland with a bunch of wimps who is so scared to do stuff that goes along their conscience and now i see a bunch of losers here starts to complain.

I hope they know that it their own wimpy self that causes such situation to occur.

Beside posting here and complain, what can you do?

Ahhh, another great day to observe how sinkie react to screwing..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are asking people to mortgage their house to pay CPFLife Scheme.
Another evil scheme from MIW.

I'm surprise they are making major changes to the CPF BEFORE the elections as it can lose the PAP votes

Things must be really bad for them to implement the changes before the elections.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm surprise they are making major changes to the CPF BEFORE the elections as it can lose the PAP votes

Things must be really bad for them to implement the changes before the elections.

The changes were proposed sometime ago and no that joker is shooting stuff through his ass without going through the brain.

A short summary of the info released about the CPFLife so far works like this. Upon retirement or age it takes part of your CPF savings to finance it in case U reach a point where all your money is gone, it will still continue to give you a small payout.

SO in exchange for getting less payout from your CPF after retirement, you get the assurance that you will get a small amount of money even after you have finish using your CPF money.

And No it has nothing to do with your house

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/Members/Gen-Info/CPF_LIFE/CPF_LIFE.htm

Last edited:

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question here then would be how much is the freaking payout. Pay me $1 every month also payout for life. Pay me $100 every month also payout for life but can I survive with $100, the answer is definitely NO. Also what about inflation, would there be adjustments for inflation. Too many things goes unanswered :oIo::oIo:

According to my calculation, the max monthly payout is $295 from age 65 to death if principal amount is $40,000 at age 55.:rolleyes:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The govt didnt count until when you will die, it seems like they know when you are going to die. IF you live till 200 years old, then how.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to my calculation, the max monthly payout is $295 from age 65 to death if principal amount is $40,000 at age 55.:rolleyes:

Wat about pple who doesnt have any CPF or have very little CPF. Which is my case. They can say that they give $1 a month to these pple and its still a payout. There should be a minimum amount stated so that these pple are protected. In the first place the CPFLife scheme was created to protect those pple :mad::mad:

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
The poor is most affected by this
eg. Mr Poor has $40K left in his ordinary account. He has been
unemployed recently, or affected by the recession.
At 55 years, they will "transfer" this to the retirement account,
which he cannot touch. Well, its not so bad until this:

Anything that has been deducted monthly from his ordinary
account now can no longer be deducted as the money has now
been transferred to the retirement account, which will only pay
once his 64th birthday is past.

Mr Poor will have no way of coughing out money which was once
deducted from his CPF, so how?

examples of such deductions are
1) DPS premiums
2) Medishield premiums
3) Monthly HDB mortgage.
4) Please feel free to add on.

So Mr Poor is now saddled with even more payments in cash,
which he does not have. So how, MRT here he comes.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

They just want to take back the money before these people can spend it.