• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Covid latest news: Boris Johnson says 'overwhelming majority' of people currently in ICU are not boosted

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Up to 90 per cent of coronavirus patients in intensive care have not received their booster vaccine, Boris Johnson has claimed in a plea to increase uptake.

The Prime Minister said the “overwhelming majority” of those in ICU with the virus had not had a third jab and 2.4 million eligible adults already double-jabbed are yet to come forward.

Mr Johnson told reporters on Wednesday: "According to some of the surveys I've seen 90 per cent of people in ICU are people who are not boosted. So think about that, think about the risk you're running with your own health if you fail to get a booster.

"I'm sorry to say this but the overwhelming majority of people who are currently ending up in intensive care are people who are not boosted. I've talked to doctors who say the numbers are running up to 90 per cent of people in intensive care who are not boosted.”

He said he “cannot stress enough how vital it is” to receive a booster jab and said “I’ve got no doubt at all” that the Government would hit its January 1 target of offering boosters to all eligible adults.

While acknowledging the surging omicron variant “continues to cause real problems”, he stressed the new variant is milder and some 32.5 million boosters had been given.

www.yahoo.com

Covid latest news: Boris Johnson says 'overwhelming majority' of people currently in ICU are not boosted

2pm: Nicola Sturgeon to give update on Scottish restrictions Test and Trace wrongly tells people to self-isolate for 10 days Just one-fifth of new hospital patients are true cases Families braced for 'year of the squeeze' as bills soar Catching omicron variant may protect against delta
www.yahoo.com
www.yahoo.com