• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[COVID-19 Virus] The Sinkies are fucked Thread.

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal

PM Lee to address nation on Saturday at noon on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore​

PM Lee to address nation on Saturday at noon on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore
PM Lee Hsien Loong addresses the nation on May 31, 2021. (Photo: MCI)
08 Oct 2021 06:10PM (Updated: 08 Oct 2021 06:53PM)
SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong will give an update on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore in a televised address to the nation on Saturday at noon, he said in a Facebook post on Friday (Oct 8).

He said: "Tomorrow at 12 noon, I will be addressing Singaporeans on the COVID-19 situation and the path to a new normal. You can watch it live here on my Facebook Page, and on all Mediacorp channels.
"Please carry on as per normal — there is no need to rush out to stock up on items or dine out!"
Mr Lee last addressed the nation on Aug 29 in his annual National Day Rally. In his speech, he spoke about Singapore being in a “new situation” with having to prepare for a future where the virus is endemic.
“With vaccination and added precautions, we can live with the virus and become ‘COVID resilient’. We may have to tap on the brakes from time to time, but we want to avoid having to slam on the brakes hard,” he said then.

Since the start of the pandemic in early 2020, Mr Lee has addressed the nation on several occasions, giving updates on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore.

Mr Lee gave five televised addresses on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore in 2020. He also addressed the nation in May this year, when he outlined the country’s strategies to reach “a new normal”.

The Prime Minister’s latest address comes amid a surge of cases in Singapore in recent weeks, with infections topping 3,000 for the past three days.

On Sep 24, the multi-ministry task force for COVID-19 and the Ministry of Health (MOH) announced tighter measures to curb the spread of the virus, with restrictions in force from Sep 27 to Oct 24.

"We do not need to return to a heightened alert. But we have to do more to scale back social interactions further in order to slow down community transmissions and allow for better stability," said MOH then.

ilovechinesegal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkie is doomed. Too small. No natural resources. Depend on foreigners. Low birth rate and high divorce and singlehood rate. Surrounded by moslem nations. Cant deal well with US and china relations. Always suck ang mo cock.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Sinkiestan will start welcoming visitors once again! Gold standards for our healthcare system! :coffee::coffee::coffee:

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal

PM Lee to address nation on Saturday at noon on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore​

PM Lee to address nation on Saturday at noon on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore
PM Lee Hsien Loong addresses the nation on May 31, 2021. (Photo: MCI)
08 Oct 2021 06:10PM (Updated: 08 Oct 2021 06:53PM)
SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong will give an update on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore in a televised address to the nation on Saturday at noon, he said in a Facebook post on Friday (Oct 8).

He said: "Tomorrow at 12 noon, I will be addressing Singaporeans on the COVID-19 situation and the path to a new normal. You can watch it live here on my Facebook Page, and on all Mediacorp channels.
"Please carry on as per normal — there is no need to rush out to stock up on items or dine out!"
Mr Lee last addressed the nation on Aug 29 in his annual National Day Rally. In his speech, he spoke about Singapore being in a “new situation” with having to prepare for a future where the virus is endemic.
“With vaccination and added precautions, we can live with the virus and become ‘COVID resilient’. We may have to tap on the brakes from time to time, but we want to avoid having to slam on the brakes hard,” he said then.

Since the start of the pandemic in early 2020, Mr Lee has addressed the nation on several occasions, giving updates on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore.

Mr Lee gave five televised addresses on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore in 2020. He also addressed the nation in May this year, when he outlined the country’s strategies to reach “a new normal”.

The Prime Minister’s latest address comes amid a surge of cases in Singapore in recent weeks, with infections topping 3,000 for the past three days.

On Sep 24, the multi-ministry task force for COVID-19 and the Ministry of Health (MOH) announced tighter measures to curb the spread of the virus, with restrictions in force from Sep 27 to Oct 24.

"We do not need to return to a heightened alert. But we have to do more to scale back social interactions further in order to slow down community transmissions and allow for better stability," said MOH then.
When it is time for the "my fellow sinkeeporeans" speech from him, it is usually good news. Bad news will be left for the 3 amigos to dispense...

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
S'pore dad, 67, feels 'sorry' about passing Covid-19 to daughter with multiple medical conditions - Mothership.SG
mothership.sg
collage-17.jpg

The implications of being tested positive for Covid-19 have been tough for many families in Singapore.
Worried about his daughter, who has multiple underlying health complications, becoming infected with Covid-19, one father in Singapore took great pains to make sure that his daughter would not need to step out of the house unnecessarily, and become exposed to the disease.
However, on Oct. 3, both father and daughter tested positive for the virus, according to Chinese daily Shin Min Daily News.
The 67-year-old father, Loh Luin Siong, shared with Shin Min reporters that he remains "guilt-ridden" about this, as he feels that he unknowingly brought the virus home to his daughter.

Sole breadwinner​

Loh told Shin Min reporters that he and his daughter, 42, currently live together in a leased one-bedroom unit at Jalan Kukoh.
As his daughter has multiple medical co-morbidities, Loh shared that he works as the sole breadwinner of the family, as a part-time dishwasher at a restaurant in Orchard.
His daughter has "epilepsy, bone spurs, and other chronic conditions such as high cholesterol and high blood pressure," explained Loh.
As such, she takes long-term medication for her medical condition, and is unable to work.

Feels sorry about passing the virus to his daughter​

Concerned about the implications of a Covid-19 infection on his daughter's underlying co-morbidities, Loh shared that he often buys takeaways for his daughter, so that she can eat at home.
To minimise risk of exposure to ongoing transmission, the daughter stayed at home most of the time as the doctor cautioned that she may fall very ill if she contracts Covid-19.
However, Loh tested positive for Covid-19 on Oct. 3 after undergoing the mandatory Covid-19 testing regime, he shared with Shin Min.
He immediately returned home to inform his daughter who tested herself with a Covid-19 ART test kit at home.
Unfortunately, she tested positive for Covid-19 as well.
Loh said:

Later that night, Loh's daughter began exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 infection, including a fever and difficulties breathing.
She was subsequently conveyed to the Singapore General Hospital for treatment, while Loh remained at home to carry out his self-quarantine.

Ability to pay medical expenses a concern​

Loh told Shin Min reporters that he was worried about the loss of income from not being able to work, as the family lives from hand to mouth.
Two months ago, Loh had also been placed on a quarantine order of 10 days, after having visited an area where a Covid-19 case was confirmed.
Back then, Loh noted that his brief absence from work had already severely impacted their livelihood. Now that he has tested positive, he is even more worried about the economic impact on the family.
He added: "After I finish my quarantine, I will likely have only S$800 of my salary left. Aside from having to take care of the family, I have to pay for my daughter's hospital bills. I'm very worried about next month's living expenses."
Top images courtesy of Shin Min Daily News
This is a sad story. Being the father of a teenaged daughter, I feel for him...

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tomorrow at 12 noon, I will be addressing Singaporeans on the COVID-19 situation and the path to a new normal. You can watch it live here on my Facebook Page, and on all Mediacorp channels.

Please carry on as per normal — there is no need to rush out to stock up on items or dine out! – LHL

(MCI Photo by Fyrol)

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The good PM Lee will likely announce that we have the covid situation under control. Things are gonna get better from next week! Chin up, sinkies!

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope he announces his own death. He has lived for too long. :sneaky:
I think he is very angry with all the internet traffic giving him and his MTF brickbats.
I think he will also put up an open challenge to the public, if anyone can do better than his MTF, then he will cut off his dick and his balls.
If you can find it in the first place.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think he is very angry with all the internet traffic giving him and his MTF brickbats.
I think he will also put up an open challenge to the public, if anyone can do better than his MTF, then he will cut off his dick and his balls.
If you can find it in the first place.

There's nothing to cut.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkiestan will start welcoming visitors once again! Gold standards for our healthcare system! :coffee::coffee::coffee:

We're welcoming South Koreans again very soon! It's probably due to the popularity of the Squid Games! Now sinkies can go to South Korea and visit the filming sites of the show.