• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [COVID-19 Virus] In China, nearly 20% (yes, TWENTY percent) of confirmed cases are either SEVERE/CRITICAL or DEAD; and in Singapore, it's roughly 15%!

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
And this is according to the official government numbers, as of yesterday (10 February 2020):
nhc.gov.cn/yjb/s7860/202002/167a0e01b2d24274b03b2ca961107929.shtml

"重症病例6484例" (6,484 severe/critical cases)
+ "累计死亡病例908例" (908 total deaths)
= 7,392 cases that are either dead or in severe/critical condition

7,392 / "累计报告确诊病例40171例" (40,171 total confirmed cases)
= roughly 18.4%

moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/one-more-case-discharged-two-new-cases-of-novel-coronavirus-infection-confirmed-10feb

"Seven are in critical condition in the intensive care unit" / "45 have tested positive"
= roughly 15.6%

Therefore, in my humble opinion, if you're unlucky enough to contract it, your chance of ending up in a severe/criticial condition (even if you manage to recover later) should be at least 10% (yes, ten percent)! :eek:
And this is probably one of the main reasons the DORSCON:
gov.sg/article/what-do-the-different-dorscon-levels-mean
was raised to ORANGE:
moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/risk-assessment-raised-to-dorscon-orange
a few days ago! :frown:

Attachments

• yjb09feb2020.png
    yjb09feb2020.png
    158.5 KB · Views: 3,456
  • 10feb2020 - Seven are in critical condition in the intensive care unit.png
    10feb2020 - Seven are in critical condition in the intensive care unit.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 3,122
Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You're basing your analysis on the numbers that ended up in hospital. Most of those infected did not even need hospital treatment. They had a few mild symptoms and then recovered.

I was in that category. I was better after 3 days. The person I caught it from was as good as new after about a week.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Articles now emerging that prove I was spot on right from the very beginning.

I can predict outcomes of a variety of situations far more accurately compared to most people because I am intelligent AND level headed in the fact of adversity. Panic reactions that are not well thought out are invariably flawed in their analysis.

Coronavirus mortality rate 1 per cent: researchers

Michelle Fay Cortez and Robert Langreth12:31, Feb 11 2020

Coronavirus cases outside China 'concerning' -WHO

The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Monday the spread of coronavirus among those who had no history of travel to China could be “the spark that becomes a bigger fire” as people across China trickled back to work.

The mortality rate from the coronavirus in China is estimated at 1 per cent, according to a new report that attempts to account for mild cases as well as severe ones.

The development came as the death toll from the outbreak climbed above 1000.

Researchers at the Imperial College London had been trying to estimate how severe the virus was, and to calculate how fast it spread, as well as how many people get severe illnesses or die. (File photo)

AP

Researchers at the Imperial College London had been trying to estimate how severe the virus was, and to calculate how fast it spread, as well as how many people get severe illnesses or die.

In China's Hubei province, where the outbreak began, the fatality rate may be 18 per cent for patients with severe symptoms, the researchers calculated.

READ MORE:
* Coronavirus has now killed more people than Sars
* Coronavirus likely to drag on, with serious consequences for New Zealand
* Coronavirus: Cruise ship passengers contained in Italy as cases continue to rise
* How contagious is the Wuhan coronavirus: Does it spread with no symptoms?

The impact of the unfolding epidemic may be comparable to the major influenza pandemics of the twentieth century," Neil Ferguson, an infectious disease researcher at Imperial College London, said in a statement.

The researchers said the 1 per cent mortality rate was an estimate of what will happen once all cases are counted, and after previously undiagnosed ones drive the rate down.

Any estimates "should be viewed cautiously" given the numerous uncertainties involved, the researchers warned in in their report. Mortality rates tend to shift in the middle of an outbreak as new and milder cases are found.

The human coronavirus causes respiratory infections (colds), and gastroenteritis.

BSIP
The human coronavirus causes respiratory infections (colds), and gastroenteritis.

The UK researchers estimated that the typical time between onset of symptoms and death has been about 22 days, meaning that there may be a multiweek time lag between reporting of cases and when deaths from those cases become apparent.

Overall, the Imperial College London researchers estimated that 1.3 per cent of Wuhan residents were infected with the virus as of Jan. 31, but only 1 in 19 of them were being tested for the virus - suggesting that the actual number of cases could be far higher than the official numbers indicate.

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of those infected did not even need hospital treatment. They had a few mild symptoms and then recovered.

I was in that category. I was better after 3 days. The person I caught it from was as good as new after about a week.
Dear @Leongsam, many thanks again for gracing another humble thread of mine!
bow-gif.40441

But with all due respect, did you actually test positive for the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_novel_coronavirus
Also, are you implying that you can prove that such people (including yourself), who "had a few mild symptoms and then recovered" and who did not even see a GP (let alone get tested and receive any hospital treatment), really contracted the 2019 novel coronavirus and were really suffering from:
wikipedia.org/wiki/2019-nCoV_acute_respiratory_disease
and not suffering from something much less serious, such as the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_cold
:unsure:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Dear @Leongsam, many thanks again for gracing another humble thread of mine!
bow-gif.40441

But with all due respect, did you actually test positive for the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_novel_coronavirus
Also, are you implying that you can prove that such people (including yourself), who "had a few mild symptoms and then recovered" and who did not even see a GP (let alone get tested and receive any hospital treatment), really contracted the 2019 novel coronavirus and were really suffering from:
wikipedia.org/wiki/2019-nCoV_acute_respiratory_disease
and not suffering from something much less serious, such as the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_cold
:unsure:

The Wuhan corona virus is part of the family of viruses that cause the common cold. Most people will end up with mild common cold symptoms. A small percentage will end up with pneumonia and it is this lung infection that kills the vulnerable.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're basing your analysis on the numbers that ended up in hospital. Most of those infected did not even need hospital treatment. They had a few mild symptoms and then recovered.

KNN my uncle had sore throat progressed to cough for 2 weeks KNN before that he opened thread to seek advice for next step of handling KNN now he also not sure did he got the whv or normal flu KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Articles now emerging that prove I was spot on right from the very beginning.

I can predict outcomes of a variety of situations far more accurately compared to most people because I am intelligent AND level headed in the fact of adversity. Panic reactions that are not well thought out are invariably flawed in their analysis.
KNN my uncle predicted the increased case on spot too and even the community spread timeframe KNN and to make matter better even 02022020 he made a fortune with horse lumber 2 KNN what say you KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
thought pneumonia is a slow killing illness. why does this new virus kill so quick ?
KNN pneumonia is a fast killing illness KNN a patient can show no sign of anything and eg during a viral/bacteria infection or septic shock etc the patient can get pneumonia with no coughing symtoms within hours and deteriorate (usually with extreme low bp and high fever= fast heartbeat ) within mins to an hour and die KNN

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
when patient has compromised lung issues and pre-existing conditions such as lung diseases from smoking, there's a more than 69% chance of out of body sexperience and not returning.
So the bigger question everyone should be asking is for the breakdown of the deaths by age and illness. If it's those old or young farts with compromised immune systems that are 80% of the deaths etc. Than its no different to the flu as flu is just as deadly to these sick ppl as the Wuhan virus.

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
And this is according to the official government numbers, as of yesterday (10 February 2020):
nhc.gov.cn/yjb/s7860/202002/167a0e01b2d24274b03b2ca961107929.shtml
"重症病例6484例" (6,484 severe/critical cases)
+ "累计死亡病例908例" (908 total deaths)
= 7,392 cases that are either dead or in severe/critical condition
7,392 / "累计报告确诊病例40171例" (40,171 total confirmed cases)
= roughly 18.4%
Roughly (7,333 + 1,016) / 42,638 = 19.6%, as of yesterday (11 February 2020):
nhc.gov.cn/yjb/s7860/202002/4a611bc7fa20411f8ba1c8084426c0d4.shtml

Attachments

• yjb10feb2020.png
    yjb10feb2020.png
    165.3 KB · Views: 1,377
Last edited:

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Attachments