• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Consumption of leftover foods..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually many of them taste much better overnight though..especially with those stews.:wink:
Just did a beef stew, but can't wait till tomorrow when the whole pot of it gets really stewy..:smile:

Do you guys still remember years ago when aunties came for weddings with tingkats by their sides to tapau of what's not consumed, and pour them into their wares' before adjourning home ?..:biggrin::eek:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
things best left overnight: bak kut teh, braised duck, braised pork/pork knuckle, curry, fried rice, rendang... any more?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
giam chai ark tng (salted vege duck soup) is the best. i will pay top dollars if i can have a taste of overnight giam chai ark now. help me!!!

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
giam chai ark tng (salted vege duck soup) is the best. i will pay top dollars if i can have a taste of overnight giam chai ark now. help me!!!

Bro, this soup is damned addictive one..once tiok already; you can have many bowls' of rice to compliment..:smile:

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
basically i think all soup leftover night will taste better.

tried corn and carrot soup with pork ribs, next day the soup is sweeter.

tried ge-geng (a type of root) with pork ribs, taste sweeter next day.

tried lotus roots with cuttlefish, tried fish bone soup, tried pig stomach soup, surprising all taste very good the next day!!

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you guys still remember years ago when aunties came for weddings with tingkats by their sides to tapau of what's not consumed, and pour them into their wares' before adjourning home ?..:biggrin::eek:

Actually it is very unhealthy to eat leftover especially when so many people have their spoons in the food.

Imagine the amount of bacteria growth happening in time lapsed photography. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually it is very unhealthy to eat leftover especially when so many people have their spoons in the food.

Imagine the amount of bacteria growth happening in time lapsed photography.
That's an example bro..what i am trying to rekindle is about certain foods that get better over time..

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Imagine the amount of bacteria growth happening in time lapsed photography. :biggrin:

without the bacteria doing its work, overnight food maybe wouldn't be as tasty. bring those overnight food to a boil should do the trick :p:p:p

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing taste better overnight than pork knuckles in black vinegar, the type eaten by new mothers to clear the 'wind'. The longer it is kept, the better it taste.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
卤汁.....anything that is 'lor'.....duck, eggs, meat, will taste bestest the longer you leave it

Talking about lor stuff, i saw this Axian Food's escape documentry; there was actually this lor Duck stall in a popular Selangor coffeeshop where the father had handed his more than 20 years' old lor chup to his son.
Comes each morning, his son would be there diligently; stirring up the lor and topping up it's secret ingredients..
:wink::eek: