• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Christians in NS - An interesting lesson?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since we on currently on this topic, I should relate an interesting event while in OCS donkey years ago.

Everynight a small group of converts would meet as part of fellowship but they did not bother anyone. Those who were keen to find out more, could approach them. A decent bunch and mixed well with others. In time people noticed that the biggest asshole and sabo king in the company joining this lot.

This guy had serious issues including hoarding hardboiled eggs in his cupboard until RSM broke it open due to the smell of some going rotten.

For some odd reason, company commander decided to hold a ranking ballot to determine who was popular and who was not and everyone had to rank the whole company in order. Immediately, everyone knew the sabo king would be placed last.

When the results came out, our sabo king came out in the top half to the shock of many. Company Commander who had to counsel this chap on many occasions realised that something was a amiss and went thru the votes.

Our motley fellowship group realised that they had to save him and placed on top of the ballot and went even further by placing the more popular ones below.

To cut a long story short, this guy was caught shoplifting while serving his NS , had his officer rank removed and moved to SCDF.

Till today, no has had any respect for the motley group that was supposedly following the word of god.

It just reminded me the new exco of AWARE has similar powers of reasoning.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember on the first day of my NS, a friend declare himself a Jehovah witness (Chrisitian), he said he cannot carry weapon and was sent to DB on the same day. I think serve a 3 year jail.

Now he good no need to serve reservist...

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember on the first day of my NS, a friend declare himself a Jehovah witness (Chrisitian), he said he cannot carry weapon and was sent to DB on the same day. I think serve a 3 year jail.

You are confused. Jehovah Witness (JH) is considered as a cult and not Christians. They do not celebrate a events like birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries etc. And they will neither bear arms nor shoot the enemy. The movement is banned in Singapore decades ago.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Jehovah Witness (JH) is considered as a cult and not Christians" - Oh thanks...

Ban!!?? He is still in Singapore, worshipping leh!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tang kee still on or not?

Mormons are also cult, beware!

Only in La la land you can find Mormon bibles in hotels

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Like a drug, religion blinds reason which makes it highly addictive

It is more dangerous than a drug because it has the power to move masses

For this I commend the Old Man for taking the impartial stance on different religious groups. Today, most MPs practise their faith privately (though some may disagree, siting the fact that MPs worship money above all things)

Ever wondered what would happen if a charismatic x'tian becomes the minister? Would he/she say something to rile our sensitive neighbours?

motuiti

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are confused. Jehovah Witness (JH) is considered as a cult and not Christians. They do not celebrate a events like birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries etc. And they will neither bear arms nor shoot the enemy. The movement is banned in Singapore decades ago.

Jehovah's Witness is a religion. It is an offshoot of the Christian faith. To the best of my knowledge, it has been defined as a cult in Singapore because of their opposition to bearing arms.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal

JW is NOT cult, it's a legit religion in all free cuntries. Only in PAP sinkapore, it's labelled a cult because it goes against the state's slave policy of NS. :mad:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like a drug, religion blinds reason which makes it highly addictive

It is more dangerous than a drug because it has the power to move masses

For this I commend the Old Man for taking the impartial stance on different religious groups. Today, most MPs practise their faith privately (though some may disagree, siting the fact that MPs worship money above all things)

Ever wondered what would happen if a charismatic x'tian becomes the minister? Would he/she say something to rile our sensitive neighbours?

When bush is around to you think there is swine flu or 800k got slaughtered in africa?

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since we on currently on this topic, I should relate an interesting event while in OCS donkey years ago.

Everynight a small group of converts would meet as part of fellowship but they did not bother anyone. Those who were keen to find out more, could approach them. A decent bunch and mixed well with others. In time people noticed that the biggest asshole and sabo king in the company joining this lot.

This guy had serious issues including hoarding hardboiled eggs in his cupboard until RSM broke it open due to the smell of some going rotten.

For some odd reason, company commander decided to hold a ranking ballot to determine who was popular and who was not and everyone had to rank the whole company in order. Immediately, everyone knew the sabo king would be placed last.

When the results came out, our sabo king came out in the top half to the shock of many. Company Commander who had to counsel this chap on many occasions realised that something was a amiss and went thru the votes.

Our motley fellowship group realised that they had to save him and placed on top of the ballot and went even further by placing the more popular ones below.

To cut a long story short, this guy was caught shoplifting while serving his NS , had his officer rank removed and moved to SCDF.

Till today, no has had any respect for the motley group that was supposedly following the word of god.

Interesting rubbish analogy you have here screwball. Keep it up.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
JW is NOT cult, it's a legit religion in all free cuntries. Only in PAP sinkapore, it's labelled a cult because it goes against the state's slave policy of NS. :mad:

It's a cult lah! Mainstream churches around the world classified it as a cult.

They are the anti-christs, please get out asap!!

It's banned in sgp not because it is cult but because it's anti ns stance.

TangKee still allowed in sgp?

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
religion is a power thing.

it keeps people together.

depending on which side of the camp you are, some would say for the better, some would say for the worst.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
religion is a power thing.

it keeps people together.

depending on which side of the camp you are, some would say for the better, some would say for the worst.

Unfortunately it also divide people!

Make sure u seek the right one, otherwise it's hell for ya!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Screwball what's ur pt in posting this story? All cos of your inability to get along with other religions in sg does not mean u have to smear them.

stick to your usual BS rantings.

Piece of arrogant shit u are.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
When bush is around to you think there is swine flu or 800k got slaughtered in africa?

Are you speaking in tongue again padre?

When Bush got elected, 9-11 happened, Enron & Worldcom went bust, SARS ravaged Asia and Katrina destroyed New Orleans.. want me to go on?