• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chiobus of Olympics 2020 (2021)

jw5

Loyal
Turkey’s Simge Akoz and Eda Erdem fall just short of a save.

1627999379658.png

jw5

Loyal
Argentina Team:

1628000333750.png

Argentina women’s national team are yet to win a set at the Ariake Arena, but setter Victoria ‘Vicky’ Mayer has enjoyed every second of their experience at the Tokyo Games so far.
The South Americans couldn’t find their best game in Japan and will see their second-straight appearance in the Games end on Monday, when they play reigning Olympic champions China. But for the 20-year-old setter, the journey has been worth every minute.
“The Olympics are everyone’s dream, it’s incredible to be here,” Mayer said. “I’ve been trying to enjoy every single day of this experience. Everything, from the Olympic Village to the competition court, has been amazing.”

Competing at her first Olympics is another step in the quick development Mayer’s career has seen over the last few years. The talented setter first emerged when she was picked as the best server of the 2017 FIVB Volleyball U-18 World Championships. She joined her country’s senior roster the following year, when she was just 17.
In 2019, she solidified her spot as Argentina’s starting setter. She was picked as the best in her position during the team’s bronze medal campaign at the Pan-American Games. The last club season has also challenged Mayer during which she competed in the Italian League with Chieri.

“I’ve been learning and improving every year and last season in Italy was part of it,” she said. “I got to play against some of the top players in the world and to practise a lot. I feel like I improved a lot but I have got to keep pushing because I’m still too young and have a lot to grow yet.”

Mayer was immediately welcomed and embraced by arguably the strongest ever generation in Argentinean women’s, which includes players that helped the country qualify for its first two Olympics, most notably outside hitter Yamila ‘Yas’ Nizetich, middle blocker Julieta Lazcano and libero Tatiana Rizzo.
With all three entering their 30s, it’s expected the team will be renewed in the near future and, despite her young age, Mayer is one of the players who will be tasked with leading the new roster and making sure Las Panteras remain competitive in international volleyball.

“I’m trying to learn and absorb as much as I can from them while they’re here,” she said about the transition. “The idea is to keep building our team and that Las Panteras can continue their path and get to compete at the Olympics once again in the future. We’ve always been a team in which everyone helped each other and that’s something we have to keep doing regardless of who’s on the court.”

jw5

Loyal
Kim Yeon Koung’s life has changed since she became the face of the South Korean team and one of the leading role models in the sport of volleyball.

1628000539424.png

jw5

Loyal
Serbian outside hitter Brankica Mihajlovic showed a lot of determination in their game against Kenya, scoring a match-high 17 points in their 3-0 (25-21, 25-11, 25-20) win.

1628000664721.png

jw5

Loyal
Jessica Hull ran well for Australia, advancing to the semi-final in the 1,500m with a time of 4:05.28, good enough for a second-place finish in her qualifier. The semi-final will take place on Wednesday.

1628005244545.png

jw5

Loyal
USA's Maggie Malone competes in the women's javelin throw qualification during the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games at the Olympic Stadium on Aug. 3

1628005689850.png

jw5

Loyal
Puerto Rico's Jasmine Camacho-Quinn, left, celebrates after defeating the United States' Kendra Harrison, center, for gold in the 100-meter hurdles at the Tokyo Olympics on Monday.

1628005887742.png

jw5

Loyal
Russian Olympic Committee team members signal with their arms prior to a serve.

1628006750297.png

jw5

Loyal

Allyson Felix, of United States races ahead in a women's 400-meter heat​

1628006875960.png