• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chio Bu = Horny Mother ?

Marilyn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can the true Hokkien speakers here verify this?

I remember growing up in a Hokkien speaking family in Geylang, where bargirls and hookers abound. Whenever these hiao chees flirt with our men folks, my mom and aunties will say they ki chio (起骚or发骚=horny) or ki hiao (act slutty).

Since bu = 母 (mother), shouldn't chio bu = 骚母 (horny mother)?

I really find it strange how girls can act all smug and be flattered when someone calls them chio bu. :confused:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I remember growing up in a Hokkien speaking family in Geylang, where bargirls and hookers abound. Whenever these hiao chees flirt with our men folks, my mom and aunties will say they ki chio (起骚or发骚=horny) or ki hiao (act slutty).

I really find it strange how girls can act all smug and be flattered when someone calls them chio bu. :confused:

Chio bu = 俏母
俏 = Pretty, sexy

bu = 母 (mother) is commonly used to refer to females, as in tiong kok bu (PRC woman), chio bu (pretty lady), ni lau bu (your mother), etc.

Hope that explains :smile:

Marilyn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chio bu = 俏母
俏 = Pretty, sexy

bu = 母 (mother) is commonly used to refer to females, as in tiong kok bu (PRC woman), chio bu (pretty lady), ni lau bu (your mother), etc.

Hope that explains :smile:

I dun think Chio = 俏. It is not a hokkien word.

A pretty girl is a sui cha bor. A sexy girl is a hiao chee.

Using bu (母) to refer to young girls is a bit too much...unless she is a pappy bitch like kopiuncle, then you can call her siao gou bu! :biggrin:

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal

like that also u cannot see open, how to call yourself growing up:rolleyes: in geylang.....any true geylangkie will be proud to see these tow liap bu around their areas...

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

errr...chio means beautiful ..... whereas the ki chio means getting itchy la ....

wah lan ...

wtf is happening to the standard of hokkien man....you are born after 1990 is it?

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
its a over and wrongly used word....ask a fujianese or taiwanese they.never use that word....sinkies even it on pencil phones etc