• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese New Year on 26 Jan is early for 2009 ???

Meteour

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand that CNY next year is on the 26th January 2009. As far as my 53 year old memory serve me correct....this muz be rated as one of the earliest on record.

Anyone plan their getaway vacation already??? .... or are the airlines fully booked??? (which I doubt so in a recession year)

The Budget 2009 with the rebates and the short term pain relievers in the form of subsidized S & C charges will definitely make its appearance B4 the CNY.

:smile:
The Universal Mystic Law Prevails

Mentri_Besar_emas

Alfrescian
Loyal
My grandma said - next CNY is yr of the BULL, so the stock mart must go on a bull run after 26 Jan..., so alibabathief , dont care what u caution ,i m going to buy up all the banks stocks.. and be rich by the 4th qtr of 2009. Lets spend like Ah Goh said ..

tommy

Alfrescian
Loyal
If chinese new year is early in 2009, it means in 2008 it has fewer days in the year.

Why the chinese calander has different no of days in a year?

Did the chinese think the earth is square and thus calculate different no of days in a year?

So because each chinese calander year has different no of days, chinese new year sometimes comes early, sometimes come late :p

The RealTuaKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
My grandma said - next CNY is yr of the BULL, so the stock mart must go on a bull run after 26 Jan..., so alibabathief , dont care what u caution ,i m going to buy up all the banks stocks.. and be rich by the 4th qtr of 2009. Lets spend like Ah Goh said ..

Lert me give u a brief analysis of the last few "bull" years and they are NEVER good for stocks.

1997 - Asian Financial Crisis
1985 - Worst recession Singapore had since independence
1973 - Yom Kippur War followed by inflation n stagflation.

Just short CFDs for the whole Bull year. No brainer strategy.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the stubborn and strong bull after the crafty rat is not going to be easy for anybody...only the strong will survive...the weak and the infirmed will be left to die...social darwinism anybody?

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lert me give u a brief analysis of the last few "bull" years and they are NEVER good for stocks.

1997 - Asian Financial Crisis
1985 - Worst recession Singapore had since independence
1973 - Yom Kippur War followed by inflation n stagflation.

Just short CFDs for the whole Bull year. No brainer strategy.

Interesting. I am clearing all my holdings. Cash is king!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
do you suggest i cash out everything including my life insurance and whatever financial plans? many of my friends already done so even at a loss...now they got cash...but they don't know what to do with their cash....???

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Why the chinese calander has different no of days in a year?

Did the chinese think the earth is square and thus calculate different no of days in a year?

The moronic Chinese based their calender on the rotation of the moon around the earth. They did not have the brains to realise that the an earth year was based on the earth's rotation around the sun.

They were slightly smarter than the muslims though. They don't factor a correction into their lunar calender at all. Hari Raya keeps going backwards forever!:rolleyes: What a bunch of twits.

As usual, the Ang Mohs are the tops.:biggrin: They figured out the universe long before everyone else.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The moronic Chinese based their calender on the rotation of the moon around the earth. They did not have the brains to realise that the an earth year was based on the earth's rotation around the sun.

They were slightly smarter than the muslims though. They don't factor a correction into their lunar calender at all. Hari Raya keeps going backwards forever!:rolleyes: What a bunch of twits.

As usual, the Ang Mohs are the tops.:biggrin: They figured out the universe long before everyone else.

To say that they are not aware of the positions of solar system is pure crap. The Chinese have long been accomplished astronomers before the west imposed their Gregorian calender and 7-day week on the rest of the world. The Chinese have traditionally been an agricultural-based civilisation so following the lunar calender makes more sense when it comes to reading tides, seasons etc. It obviously served them well enough to last 5000 years.

BTW, time is a relative concept. So who's to say which calender is 'correct'? Even the ang mohs reviewed their calenders numerous times before using this one.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
To say that they are not aware of the positions of solar system is pure crap. The Chinese have long been accomplished astronomers before the west imposed their Gregorian calender and 7-day week on the rest of the world.

The Ang Mohs used to be the most backward civilization on Earth.

However, they realised, before the rest of the world did, that the key to progress was to discard tradition and religious dogma and rely on science to pave the way forward.

The Ang Mohs did not IMPOSE their calender upon anyone. The rest of the word adopted it because the evidence of its accuracy was irrefutable.

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you suggest i cash out everything including my life insurance and whatever financial plans? many of my friends already done so even at a loss...now they got cash...but they don't know what to do with their cash....???

Cash out on all the life insurance??? Are your friends mad? :biggrin:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Long suffering ahead for the Peasants after that while the Familee and its Papaya running dogs enjoy life with their ill-gotten wealth?

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
From off my calendar today
A leaf I tear;
So swiftly passes smiling May
Without a care.
And now the gentleness of June
Will fleetly fly
And I will greet the glamour moon
Of lush July.

Beloved months so soon to pass,
Alas, I see
The slim sand silvering the glass
Of Time for me;
As bodingly midwinter woe
I wait with rue,
Oh how I grudge the days to go!
They are so few.

A Calendar's a gayful thing
To grace a room;
And though with joy of life I sing,
With secret gloom
I add this merry month of May
To eighty past,
Thinking each page I tear away
May be my last.

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jesus is an Ethopian black negro jew. There was no caucasian jews in Jerusalem when he was born. History says, not I say one.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Jesus is an Ethopian black negro jew. There was no caucasian jews in Jerusalem when he was born. History says, not I say one.

The Gregorian calender was implemented in 1582. In case you don't know what that means, it's more than fifteen hundred years after the birth of christ regardless of his skin tone.:rolleyes:

Twit!:p

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah if Gahment gives angpows, it is sure to call for snap election. Snap election means more taxes to come to finance the spending. 2009 must be an exciting year.