• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

China's 300 drones a growing force against US Navy

SU8ZERO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Staff Reporter 2013-03-17 08:59

CH4-161102_copy1.jpg

A model of China's CH-4 drone, displayed at the 2012 Zhuhai Air Show. (Photo/Samuel Hui)

China would be able to equip the People's Liberation Army with nearly 300 unmanned aerial vehicles against US aircraft carrier in a potential conflict, according to a 29-page report published by the US-based Project 2049 Institute.

China currently has the most expansive unmanned aerial vehicle fleet in the world, according to the report. By 2011, the PLA already had about 280 drones in service. After more R&D centers complete flight tests for new drones and mass produce them, the number will increase gradually.

The unmanned aerial vehicles are currently equipped by every service branch of the PLA. While the General Staff Department and the Second Artillery Corps, responsible for strategic and tactical missiles, are in command of high-altitude endurance drones, Easton and Hsiao stated that the PLA Air Force, Navy and ground forces deploy them for tactical and training missions.

Capable of launching long-range precision strikes, the PLA drones are considered a deadly threat to the US Navy operating in the Asia-Pacific region, the report said.

In the event of attack, the drones would first be deployed to locate, track and target US aircraft carriers with DF-21D anti-ship missiles. China would additionally be able to deliver a major blow to US carrier battle groups with swarms of multi-mission drones in the event of conflict, according to the report.

The report indicated that some combat unmanned aerial vehicles may be deployed as platforms to launch anti-ship missile strikes against US vessels. "The ultimate goal of combined UAV and missile campaigns would be to penetrate otherwise robust defense networks through tightly coordinated operations planned to optimize the probability of overwhelming targets," said the report.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why the china one look exactly like the american?
did the china uses their photocopy machine again? to make fake copies.
all every good, but american is expert in electronic warfare and jamming.
all these will end up going under the sea.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very easy to reverse engineer. but the ground to air cuntrol cummunication system is a different thing.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
China have the worst airlines in terms of safety. I'll bet they are good at crashing these drones on american targets. Just employ china airlines executives and pilots to do the job.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
drone.jpg

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not the Americans.

The Israelis. They ARE the de facto standard in all electronics equipment. Of course they just partner up with the Americans coz they can sell to them (Americans) at an elevated price.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

going under the sea.....................:biggrin:

China no originality one lah.................

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China have the worst airlines in terms of safety. I'll bet they are good at crashing these drones on american targets. Just employ china airlines executives and pilots to do the job.

China can use American-like drones and then use them in Kamikaze-style attacks................

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For all those here dazzled by US of A seemingly maestro of air and sea and land, I recalled an incident giving me a fucking good laugh 6 years ago.

US aircraft carrier is the fucking best protected of any fuck thing of USA.

The carrier group consisted of the carrier, and her planes and overhead AWACs and a ring of destroyers and AEGIS ships and submarines trailing arrays of sonars protecting that carrier.

US of A said nothing but nothing can approach their carrier and get through their electronic detection web for a few hundred kms.

When suddenly a Chinese submarine popped up to kiss Kitty Hawk in midst of an exercise of the US fleet.

The Chinese quickly apologised.
That it was not intended.
What a fucking joke that was!
I loved the apology they made.
You go find the words they used.
I found the apology kind of insincere.

I tok cork?

Then read
http://adjunct.diodon349.com/Vets_Stuff/idiots_run_us_navy.htm

Even the great USA has a lot more respect for China.

But then, they know a lot more than assholes here who know about nothing and yet badmouth what they know nothing about.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't wait to see how US will whack the hell out of China if there is a real combat !

ANYWAY, this will not happened. They need both each other to survive. If there is a real combat, it will be just like a couple having a small tiff ! After that, back to bed and make more love ! Simple as that.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For all those here dazzled by US of A seemingly maestro of air and sea and land, I recalled an incident giving me a fucking good laugh 6 years ago.

The carrier group consisted of the carrier, and her planes and overhead AWACs and a ring of destroyers and AEGIS ships and submarines trailing arrays of sonars protecting that carrier.

US of A said nothing but nothing can approach their carrier and get through their electronic detection web for a few hundred kms.

When suddenly a Chinese submarine popped up to kiss Kitty Hawk in midst of an exercise of the US fleet.

I tok cork?

Then read

But then, they know a lot more than assholes here who know about nothing and yet badmouth what they know nothing about.

question to ask is how the Chinese sub captain can be sure he won't be attacked ?

similar to the Russian bomber pilot that flew directly over a US carrier around the same time.........

the so-called USA vs China and Russia .............is another fake Cold War..........all 3 are controlled by jews.......just a puppet show......

Communism was invented by jews................and China even has jews in the politburo since the time of Mao.........same for the Soviets.......

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah yes, it was probably intentional. Apologies or not.

No one pops up a sub in open seas suddenly and when there are many ships around. Subs must stay submerged and surface only when in trouble and/or ending tour or needing to communicate or engage its weapons.

The American admiral must have had lots of paper work to do after that. But it reflects well on Chinese sub stealthiness.

I tok cork?

Then read

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
question to ask is how the Chinese sub captain can be sure he won't be attacked ?

In games of that kind, nothing can be sure.
No way you can wayang wayang with loaded weapon systems.

That Chinese sub captain knew exactly what he was doing, and the entire Chinese system of Naval command knew what was happening.
Which was why the apology came so quickly

THEY GOT THE FUCKING BALLS! From sub captain to the top of the chain of command.

Together with the technology to have done that sneaking unseen by the bestest of the best USA technology.
Unlike those who wrote here from stupidity and with only enough balls to bang on a keyboard

Oops! my dick went into your vagina and tickled Kitty Hawk hymen.
All an accident!
I am so sorly about it.

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree.

In a real war situation, the carrier would have been sunk by the Chinese at that distance. Its already well within critical striking distance and was undetected.

What more it was an exercise and with all probably all its sensors were deployed.

In games of that kind, nothing can be sure.
No way you can wayang wayang with loaded weapon systems.

That Chinese sub captain knew exactly what he was doing, and the entire Chinese system of Naval command knew what was happening.
Which was why the apology came so quickly

THEY GOT THE FUCKING BALLS! From sub captain to the top of the chain of command.

Together with the technology to have done that sneaking unseen by the bestest of the best USA technology.
Unlike those who wrote here from stupidity and with only enough balls to bang on a keyboard

Oops! my dick went into your vagina and tickled Kitty Hawk hymen.
All an accident!
I am so sorly about it.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

similar to the Russian bomber pilot that flew directly over a US carrier around the same time.........

why should the chinese sub be attacked? didnt US always advocate freedom in the shipping lanes as excuse of US Navy fleet to go where they like? The chinese sub has as much rights to be in that part of the pacific as the US fleet.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree.

In a real war situation, the carrier would have been sunk by the Chinese at that distance. Its already well within critical striking distance and was undetected.

What more it was an exercise and with all probably all its sensors were deployed.

not true, must see what type of torpedo use. not sure chinese also develop carrier killer torpedo like the russian, if not, the torpedo carry by sub are mainly useful against sub or frigate only. while can damage the carrier but very diffcult to sink it. And the chinese sub captain would have signed the death warrants for himself and his crew by the time the torpedos left the sub tubes.

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
Death warrant for sub. Definitely. Its cover will be blown once torpedoes leave tubes.

Damage to the carrier and potentially make it unusable for service. Definitely. If it does not sink, it will probably be a limping or sitting duck in the water. At that size, its just a sitting target for a second strike....

not true, must see what type of torpedo use. not sure chinese also develop carrier killer torpedo like the russian, if not, the torpedo carry by sub are mainly useful against sub or frigate only. while can damage the carrier but very diffcult to sink it. And the chinese sub captain would have signed the death warrants for himself and his crew by the time the torpedos left the sub tubes.

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just looking at the number of 300 drones.. I would think that number would be much larger.

Just factor in the following:
- low cost labor
- readily available raw materials
- low cost materials
- state owned factories

Probably can add a couple more zeroes to the 300 easily...

Staff Reporter 2013-03-17 08:59

CH4-161102_copy1.jpg

A model of China's CH-4 drone, displayed at the 2012 Zhuhai Air Show. (Photo/Samuel Hui)

China would be able to equip the People's Liberation Army with nearly 300 unmanned aerial vehicles against US aircraft carrier in a potential conflict, according to a 29-page report published by the US-based Project 2049 Institute.

China currently has the most expansive unmanned aerial vehicle fleet in the world, according to the report. By 2011, the PLA already had about 280 drones in service. After more R&D centers complete flight tests for new drones and mass produce them, the number will increase gradually.

The unmanned aerial vehicles are currently equipped by every service branch of the PLA. While the General Staff Department and the Second Artillery Corps, responsible for strategic and tactical missiles, are in command of high-altitude endurance drones, Easton and Hsiao stated that the PLA Air Force, Navy and ground forces deploy them for tactical and training missions.

Capable of launching long-range precision strikes, the PLA drones are considered a deadly threat to the US Navy operating in the Asia-Pacific region, the report said.

In the event of attack, the drones would first be deployed to locate, track and target US aircraft carriers with DF-21D anti-ship missiles. China would additionally be able to deliver a major blow to US carrier battle groups with swarms of multi-mission drones in the event of conflict, according to the report.

The report indicated that some combat unmanned aerial vehicles may be deployed as platforms to launch anti-ship missile strikes against US vessels. "The ultimate goal of combined UAV and missile campaigns would be to penetrate otherwise robust defense networks through tightly coordinated operations planned to optimize the probability of overwhelming targets," said the report.