• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Children abducted in Supermarket ! Can anyone help verify !

mangali

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard several stories about this but MSM did not carried any report so could anyone privy to this (CID/Policeman) verify the authenticity of this rumour ?

Several cases of children been abducted in supermarkets (heard is Cold Storage near ACS). Shutters are lowered & doors are closed after worrying parents alerted the management & the frightened child would always be found at one corner near the fire escape stairs or toilet and always with half of his//her hair shaved ! This suggest some organized child-abdcution syndicates are active in Sinkieland & a possibly foreigners one judjing on simlar modus operandi.

I suspect newspaper chose not to carry this news either gahment did not allowed reporting due to its sensitivity, public would be panicky plus more resentment against recent ultra-liberal immigration policies where a third of the population is new citizens.

Can any policeman reading this or authority help verify this story ?

Asura

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U mean in Singapore? Huh abduction in here, kind of like the 70s crime story, don't you think so?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng noted they do it in broad daylight in china in front of everybody also nobody hiu so they do it here lor.:biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SM21-001-0-SHI.jpg

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal
光天化日, these PRC dare to commit such crime in Prince Lee's GRC!

AsiaOne
Wednesday, Mar 21, 2012

SINGAPORE - The police are investigating a case in which a child was apparently lured away by a woman at Ang Mo Kio Hub.

According to the police, the child was in the company of a stranger on March 18 at about 1.15pm when the child was left unattended for a short while by his mother.

The incident came went viral when the child's mother wrote about the incident on Facebook. It was then circulated and shared multiple times online.

The post read: "I asked my son why you followed the lady when you don't know her at all, he reply me saying: jeh jeh (sister in Mandarin) say you follow me and I will bring you home."

A netizen, Kiasu Mummy, who came across the post then wrote into Stomp to voice her concerns.

The netizen said that parents should be more vigilant and speak up when ever they encountered such a situation.

The age of the boy involved in the Ang Mo Kio incident is unknown but according to a Stomp report, he could be as young as two years old.

Earlier this week, Stomp also reported another incident of a young boy who was also led away by a Chinese woman. This time, the child got lucky an got away from the alleged abuductor after struggling.

The contributor, Concerned Mother, of the March 20 report wonders if the posts of this kid is real, and questions the security in Singapore.

She said: "Kidnapping children cases in Singapore real? Are they true? Is Singapore really not safe anymore?"

"Many mothers have voiced their concerns over such issues as some have commented that this is not the first incident that has happened in Singapore.

"The main issue at hand her is that the mummy victims have not made any report, or immediately called upon assistance from the mall security or from the public," Concerned Mother added.

She also hopes relevant authorities will clarify on the issue.

Member of Parliament for Ang Mo Kio GRC Seng Han Thong spoke to reporters from Shin Min Daily News while visiting Ang Mo Kio Hub on Wednesday night and pointed out that the incident occurred on the last day of the school holidays, where a lot of parents are out with their children.

"This incident reminds us to always watch over the safety of our children, especially in crowded areas. Even with security cameras and guards present, parents must still remain vigilant and ensure their child is accompanied and safe," said Mr Seng.

Mr Seng was visiting the shopping mall with the police, AMK Hub's management team and members from the residents' committee.

He pointed out that police and the mall's management team will be watching closely to follow up on this matter.

In a statement today, the police urged the public not to circulate unsubstantiated information which may cause unnecessary alarm.

The police also advised parents to accompany their children at all times.

Members of the public should report any suspicious activity or anyone behaving suspiciously by calling 999 immediately.

mangali

Alfrescian
Loyal
U mean in Singapore? Huh abduction in here, kind of like the 70s crime story, don't you think so?

Yes in SGP but i can't verify if it's true but was told by someone who usually don't exaggerate or talk nonsense. Anyway with so many foreigners in S'pore nowsaday, this sort of crime is not unthinkable anymore. Those with child please be more careful.

mangali

Alfrescian
Loyal
lianbeng noted they do it in broad daylight in china in front of everybody also nobody hiu so they do it here lor.:biggrin:

In China child abductions are very common. Somehow i think this story i heard is true but the mainstream did not want it broadcast for fear of causing panic among the people here.

mangali

Alfrescian
Loyal
The thing that frightened me was it seems organized because children were found with half of their hair shaved !