• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Child blocking platform doors and delaying MRT trains for Youtube

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boy Obstructs & Jams Jurong East MRT Platform Doors, Staff Rush To Fix Issue
mustsharenews.com

Our public transport system, while efficient, is no stranger to the occasional service disruption which often occurs due to technical faults. However, passengers on the MRT experienced a completely different disruption recently, when a boy tried to stop the platform doors at Jurong East station from closing.
When he did that, the train appeared to be stuck at the platform until a staff member arrived to fix the issue.

The boy, who filmed the act, allegedly uploaded the clip to YouTube but has since deleted the recording. But proving that the Internet is forever, others have reposted the video on social media including Reddit.

Viewers who’ve come across the recording have since commented that they’ve reported the matter to SMRT.

Boy obstructs Jurong East MRT platform doors​

A two-minute video on the r/Singapore subreddit shows a child, seemingly a boy, filming himself preventing the platform doors at Jurong East MRT station from closing fully.

He seems to succeed as the doors remain unclosed, causing the train to activate a failsafe preventing it from leaving the platform.

“So here’s how you play… oh my gosh,” the boy exclaims as he realises what he has done.

He then moves away from the platform while saying, “Okay, I’m going to move far away so I don’t look like a suspect.”

The boy deliberates with himself for a few moments about whether to upload the video to YouTube.

He continues to stand on the platform, laughing at his handiwork. A man who appears to be a station staff member then runs over to the platform doors to fix the issue.

“This is so cool,” the boy marvels, while he films the man cleaning up after his act. Meanwhile, an incoming train visibly stops behind the stationary one, likely because it cannot enter the platform.

A few moments later, the train finally leaves the platform.

While the delay seemed to have lasted for only about a minute, it was enough time for both trains to fall behind schedule.

Redditors unimpressed by child’s actions​

According to the OP who reposted the video, the perpetrator deleted the video on his YouTube channel, but not before admitting that he fled the scene.

Others who saw the video were, to put it mildly, unimpressed.

Acts that cause the doors to malfunction are punishable with a fine of up to S$1,000 under the Rapid Transit Systems Regulations.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Never before has a generation so diligently recorded themselves accomplishing so little."

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's this schoolboy that is doing exactly this at a station in the west very often. Limpeh suspect he has mental problem. I approached him, stare angrily and say loudly to him "What the fuck are you doing? You want me to push you out of the train?" Fucker was stunned and quietly went back to his seat. I stared at him throughout the whole journey until he alighted few stops later.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's this schoolboy that is doing exactly this at a station in the west very often. Limpeh suspect he has mental problem. I approached him, stare angrily and say loudly to him "What the fuck are you doing? You want me to push you out of the train?" Fucker was stunned and quietly went back to his seat. I stared at him throughout the whole journey until he alighted few stops later.
You can't do That to a boy! He will be traumatised for life.