• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chicken Rice Thread II: PAP sez 54% of all stalls sell food cheaper than $2.50

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry I must have been wrong. According to our gahmen body CASE, 54% of hawkers sell food below $2.50. I guess we idiots eating at hawker centres must always choose the 46% that sell more expensive man!!!

No wonder the trains are not crowded, HDB is affordable, plenty of jobs... I think we must be living in a parallel universe? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

SINGAPORE: According to a survey by the Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE), hawker food remains affordable in April.

The survey focused on chicken nasi bryani, chicken rice, fishball noodles, roti prata, and mixed vegetables rice based on the cheapest single portion available.

611 stalls in non air-conditioned coffeeshops and hawker centres islandwide were surveyed.

The survey showed that 54 per cent of the stalls sold cooked food at S$2.50 or lower.

CASE encourages all stall owners to display the prices of food items prominently so that consumers can make informed choices.

- CNA/cc

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1134176/1/.html

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... The survey focused on chicken nasi bryani, chicken rice, fishball noodles, roti prata, and mixed vegetables rice based on the cheapest single portion available ...

The survey showed that 54 per cent of the stalls sold cooked food at S$2.50 or lower ...
chicken nasi bryani? ... no way la ...

chicken rice ... can la ... 6-8 thin slices of chicken ... $1.50 oso can ...

fishball noodles ... can la ... $2.50 ... 4 fishbols ...

roti prata? ... wat a joke! ... mite as wel say kaya loti! ... :rolleyes:

mixed vegetables rice ... rice wif 2 non-meat types la ...

but den, u want peasants 2 eat oni all dese evryday? ... u urself can eat evryday laidis, meh? ... :rolleyes:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
tonychat will come in n say if u eat vegetarian food and none of this would have happen.

i just dont understand ..why those vegetarian dont want to eat meat yet they want their food to taste and look like meat ? :wink:

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
but den, u want peasants 2 eat oni all dese evryday? ... u urself can eat evryday laidis, meh? ... :rolleyes:

Vivian Balakrishnan : “How much do you want? Do you want three meals a day at a hawker center, food court, or restaurant?”

Last edited:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The survey focused on chicken nasi bryani, chicken rice, fishball noodles, roti prata, and mixed vegetables rice based on the cheapest single portion available.

The survey showed that 54 per cent of the stalls sold cooked food at S$2.50 or lower.

Maybe all de 54% r prata shop...true true...not so common 2 see 1 pc prata kosong cost more den $2.50...:wink::biggrin::oIo:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$2.50 or lower lah not lower then $2.50. If they dare claim below $2.50 = majority really can :oIo::oIo::oIo:

$2.50 still the norm at most eating places, I've visited

dankos

$2.50 or lower lah not lower then $2.50. If they dare claim below $2.50 = majority really can :oIo::oIo::oIo:

fat ass,

now suddenly maths so good huh. so cpf ms increase from 80k in 2003 to 131k in 2011 is how many % increase? is it 6.1% only like u claimed?

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal

Where and what you eat? You quite big size wor... $2.50 wantan mee enough? BTW, I am not trying to be kwai lan here. Real question.

If they said 3 dollars, I can still believe. What do Singaporeans eat? Fishball mee, bar chor mee, economy rice, chicken/duck/charsiew rice, wantan mee, laksa, curry mee, char kway teo, yong tau foo... How many stalls offer $2.50?

dankos

Where and what you eat? You quite big size wor... $2.50 wantan mee enough? BTW, I am not trying to be kwai lan here. Real question.

If they said 3 dollars, I can still believe. What do Singaporeans eat? Fishball mee, bar chor mee, economy rice, chicken/duck/charsiew rice, wantan mee, laksa, curry mee, char kway teo, yong tau foo... How many stalls offer $2.50?

what kind of question is this? pls respect fat ass ok. food is NEVER enough to him.:biggrin:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lunch most often go to Amoy Food Centre or Golden Shoe is nearest my workplace. Near my house the more famous food centres are ABC Market and Redhill market. Both I visit often and yes many of the stalls still serve $2.50 food. The F**king Bar Chok Mee try to up their price to $3 for no good reason, no one visit then the price go back down to $2.50. Only the more famous ones stick with minimum $3. And yes $2.50 enough to eat. At worse ask for extra rice + $0.30 loh. My problem is not too much input it's too little output

dankos

dun worry about my size. sky dropping also not an issue. i love the fact that my body fat reverberates through the air. the sound damn tuakong.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lunch most often go to Amoy Food Centre or Golden Shoe is nearest my workplace. Near my house the more famous food centres are ABC Market and Redhill market. Both I visit often and yes many of the stalls still serve $2.50 food. The F**king Bar Chok Mee try to up their price to $3 for no good reason, no one visit then the price go back down to $2.50. Only the more famous ones stick with minimum $3. And yes $2.50 enough to eat. At worse ask for extra rice + $0.30 loh. My problem is not too much input it's too little output

dont eat too much rice if you want really want to cut your weight ...

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK now I understand. Amoy Food Centre, Golden Shoe, ABC and Redhill are all quite cheap. Most champion is ABC, i think cheapest in Singapore. Golden shoe is the nasi lemak lah...

You should try other places. Your sample is among the cheaper ones. ieatishootipost blog got some good reviews and the forum also can give some insight. My opinion is that $3 is more realistic.

I dun believe $2.50 enough for you hehehehe... Anyway, FYI more rice is very bad. Hi-glycemic carbohydrates promote insulin production and appetite. Insulin promote fat storage. Also, carbohydrate is the most efficient energy source, followed by fats and then protein. Eat more protein, less rice.