• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CHICKEN RICE SHOP TELLS MAN “IF U CANNOT AFFORD DON’T COME BACK”

jw5

Loyal
Some hawkers are very petty and jealous, if you have been a regular customer but didn't patronize them for quite a while, their face black black when they see you. :eek:

Most hawkers I encounter are very pleased to see me again, even if I have not patronized them for quite a while. You must have caught your hawker on a bad day. :unsure::eek::biggrin:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is OK to pay $9 but make sure that is the last time you give that stall the business. Don't be like 61% sinkies, screwed once, twice and still not getting enough. Every time I felt shortchanged or overcharged, I won't take a 2nd look at the same stall ever again. The exploitive seller needs to pay rent, without a dollar coming from you, he still needs to pay rent. He has more to lose. Most of the time, it will close shop for a reason and you felt happy about it.
Oh and add in a bad review in google.com, yelp etc...poison pen letters

Patriotmissile

Alfrescian
Loyal
In sinkapore, most business can survive by importing lousy products and mark up very high before selling to u. Same goes for food and services.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$9 chicken rice for me means 2 x drumsticks + intestines and you get a big bowl of chicken soup too. This is my go-to place at Tangling Halt hawker centre. Stall has a long history since the Margaret Drive days.

1IMG_20171210_120627.jpg

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some hawkers are very petty and jealous, if you have been a regular customer but didn't patronize them for quite a while, their face black black when they see you. :eek:
You are not alone. It happens most of the time. Usually, I don't give a shit at all, they either treat me with respect or go bust. They don't have much option doing business in Singapore.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$9 chicken rice for me means 2 x drumsticks + intestines and you get a big bowl of chicken soup too. This is my go-to place at Tangling Halt hawker centre. Stall has a long history sing the Margaret Drive days.

View attachment 132915
The standard price of 1 chicken wing whole (with drumstick) is $1.50 (max). The uncle ordered two chicken wings which should cost around $3.00. The few pieces of roasted pork cannot justify the extra $6.00.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$9 could get u one quarter of a chicken served on a separate plate from the rice, a bowl of soup, a side of liver and gizzard, and a plate of rice. What a Robert or Carrot this fella is!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now I am missing sinkie hawker food very much. When I next visit sg, die die must eat hawker food for every meal.

You can go to these murtabak restaurants.

Tell Zam Zam that the murtabak at Victory tastes better.

Then tell Victory that the murtabak at Zam Zam tastes better.

20150925_murtabakwar_tnp.jpg

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
The standard price of 1 chicken wing whole (with drumstick) is $1.50 (max). The uncle ordered two chicken wings which should cost around $3.00. The few pieces of roasted pork cannot justify the extra $6.00.
He should just walk to nearby whampoa market much cheaper ie $5