• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chia Thye Poh was jailed 5 years longer than Nelson Mandela? True?

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CpJi_1f3uKw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CpJi_1f3uKw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
jt4aj5.gif

Uniquely Singapore what! Why? U buay song ah? Emigrate lah! *hee*hee*

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
A great Singaporean who called harry lee a "political dwarf"

history could have been different if.........

TheBonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should have jailed him for another 30 years! If not we can never attain the Swiss Standard of Living!

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can understand why CTP was detained in the sixties. He might well have been a threat to the stability of the nation, though it must be said we still do not know because we are living in the gospel according to the PAPzis.

I can even accept that LKY made a political decision to remove a threat to himself - you've got to allow a man to muster all available resources to stay alive politically.

But what infuriates me is that the PAPzis continued to hold him (probably out of spite) long after he had ceased to be of an threat to the nation or even the PAPzis themselves. Had impunity simply become a hardwired habit?

Even worse was the fact that Singaporeans (including me) allowed this to go on unchallenged. Is apathy now the people's creed?

The poem at the end says it all.

A great Singaporean who called harry lee a "political dwarf"

history could have been different if.........

TheBonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think of our rice bowls first before yopu think od someone else's problem. Toe the PAP line and you can't go wrong! PAP Vote PAP!

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wish it were really so simple. History suggests that that Lord Acton was right - absolute power corrupts absolutely. Just think of the following, of how they started out well, accumulated close to absolute power, and then...:
  • Suharto of Indonesia;
  • Ferdinand Marcos of the Philippines;
  • Mao Zedong of China;
  • Benito Mussolini of Fascist Italy;
  • Adolf Hitler of the 3rd Reich;
  • Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe.

Think of our rice bowls first before yopu think od someone else's problem. Toe the PAP line and you can't go wrong! PAP Vote PAP!

TheBonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish it were really so simple. History suggests that that Lord Acton was right - absolute power corrupts absolutely. Just think of the following, of how they started out well, accumulated close to absolute power, and then...:
  • Suharto of Indonesia;
  • Ferdinand Marcos of the Philippines;
  • Mao Zedong of China;
  • Benito Mussolini of Fascist Italy;
  • Adolf Hitler of the 3rd Reich;
  • Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe.

Please Sir, do not equate our beloved MM Lee with those scums. If not for him, you will typing Malay now in your post! PAP! Vote PAP!

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, this is politics. To stay in the game, you have to remove or sideline your opponents. That's how the game is played and will be played for years to come. I believe other countries are also doing it, just maybe in a different manner.

TheBonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, this is politics. To stay in the game, you have to remove or sideline your opponents. That's how the game is played and will be played for years to come. I believe other countries are also doing it, just maybe in a different manner.

Like the line in the movie "Gladiator".....

"Some people just don't know they are conquered.":mad:

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
u sibei bo liao, start one thread with one nick, then go and post in your own thread with another nickname...you ki seow issit? how come woodbridge nowadays allow patients to use internet without supervision?

Dogtracker

Alfrescian
Loyal
u sibei bo liao, start one thread with one nick, then go and post in your own thread with another nickname...you ki seow issit? how come woodbridge nowadays allow patients to use internet without supervision?

Talking about yourself issit? you mad cocksucking cunt! lancheowman poetry sparring with mudskipper! No point looking for the thread lah! Nobody cares. Do what you do best! Suck Zeitgeist's cock!:biggrin:

Last edited: