• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chezlyn's Resale Flat Kena Splashed Black Paint!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Housing agents should reveal sellers' loan-shark woes to home buyers
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->LAST Wednesday, barely a month after receiving the keys to my resale HDB flat in Ghim Moh, black paint was splashed on the front door and my unit number was scribbled at the lift lobby. This was the work of loan sharks. Apparently, the previous flat owner was in trouble with them.
I called the police and was assured that the investigating officer would look into the matter, though it might take some time. The HDB was unable to reveal the new address of the previous owner, citing confidentiality.
The seller's agent insisted that she knew nothing about the loan-shark problem. My own agent was helpless and has washed her hands of the matter.
Where are the ethics of housing agents? It seems they are driven only by commissions and will not reveal to home buyers anything that may hurt the closure of sales. Chezlyn Tan (Ms)

thomas101

damn scary sia! my frens told me that they can't get a new flat via balloting (very sway, always get queue no. 1000++) thus, they hv no choice but to buy resale flats. so, i foresee more of such cases will come along. the police/ garment shld force the seller's agent to reveal the details of the previous tenants.

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn, does the buyer know what is caveat emptor? it means that buyer is responsible for what they are buying provided that seller does not make mispresentation

thomas101

so bros, any tips on how to avoid such knn cases? what if you tried to check for obvious signs like scribblings of O$P$ on the walls but there were none because the previous owner has painted them out?

interview the neighbors? ask a PI to stake out the previous owner?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
so bros, any tips on how to avoid such knn cases? what if you tried to check for obvious signs like scribblings of O$P$ on the walls but there were none because the previous owner has painted them out?

interview the neighbors? ask a PI to stake out the previous owner?

buy new flat.. be it pte property or hdb:cool:

thomas101

buy new flat.. be it pte property or hdb:cool:

how i wish there are enough new flats such that first time ballot u can get one asap already ! new flats are soooo scarce nowadays, my frens have to try 4+ times before they strike gold and get a new flat. the new generation of young couples would have an even lower chance liao.

pte property is not an option coz we are not rich and don't want to be saddled with $1 million sgd debts when we are in our 50s and jobless.