• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chao cheebye AMDK whack sinkie taxi driver until need operation! Nabei!

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20231220-1457214
A drunk foreigner punched a 62-year-old taxi driver and pushed him to the ground. He continued to hit the driver until he knelt down. In the end, the driver suffered fractures to his face and fingers and had to undergo surgery. However, he escaped caning because he had just turned 50. Sentenced to 13 months in prison.

The defendant is British man Edge Mark Alan (Edge Mark Alan, 52), who faces one count of intentionally causing serious injury to another person.

According to the charge, the defendant injured a man, Tan Jianxing, at a taxi stand on Holland Road at around 11 pm on July 12, 2020. It was revealed in court that the victim was a 62-year-old taxi driver and the defendant was drunk at the time of the incident.

The defendant pleaded not guilty. After the trial of the case, the judge issued an oral ruling on Tuesday (December 19) and said that the defendant punched the victim for about five minutes. This process was captured on video by witnesses, although the video was only seven seconds long. However, it can be seen that the victim was beaten to the ground and the defendant still did not stop.

A woman present saw what happened and quickly called the police for help. The defendant continued to beat the victim, causing fractures to the victim's right eye frame and right little finger.

The prosecution stated that it believed the defendant should be sentenced to 15 to 18 months in prison and six strokes of the cane. However, since the defendant was over 50 years old, the prosecution requested that the defendant be jailed for an additional three months in lieu of caning.

The judge finally decided to sentence the defendant to 10 months in prison, plus three months in lieu of caning.

For the complete report, please read the Shin Min Daily News on December 20, 2023.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
That Sinkie old fart should blame himself for not learning how to fight and defend himself. My father used to drive a cab when he was in his 60s. He has a wooden stick hidden under his seat. He once used it on a AMDK when that fucker tried to be aggressive and whacked his knee and elbow. Police case. My old man was only fined due to his age and that he acted in self defence. I gladly paid the fine for him. But I suppose if it happens now, he'll have to go in and squat for a while.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brit? Better give him a stern warning and let him go.

Maybe the taxi driver didn't help him blend in.

20090916a1_pmleeonnewimmigrants_todaypg1.jpg

Fatboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are here to help build Sinkieland and at times will be extreme stressful.

Thus, it is okay, just let them hit and let off some steam.

Remember Sinkies, pain is only temporary, glory is forever!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
That Sinkie old fart should blame himself for not learning how to fight and defend himself. My father used to drive a cab when he was in his 60s. He has a wooden stick hidden under his seat. He once used it on a AMDK when that fucker tried to be aggressive and whacked his knee and elbow. Police case. My old man was only fined due to his age and that he acted in self defence. I gladly paid the fine for him. But I suppose if it happens now, he'll have to go in and squat for a while.
Not only cab drivers, but smart drivers will keep a baton or stick below or next to the seat. Never know what kind of assholes can come along. The road is a dangerous place. I have friends and relatives in Thailand and US, they keep a firearm in their car.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the problem with the law.
The self defence that we learn only can defend ourselves yet cannot injure the perpetrator.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
See how a case is purposely delayed from 2020 so that this white ass passes 50 and cannot be caned anymore
If it were a minority, justice would have been meted out the next month.
Again, ang mohs are exempt from caning in SG!
What kind of justice system is this?

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
back in the 70s, i saw one big amdk crossing orchard road and suddenly 3 locals whacked the fuck out of him with sticks

thai chickens more united than sinkees

lostvirgin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh dear, why did I read a version with a different victim?

Singapore

Man assaulted 'good Samaritan' who tried to return phone left by mistake in Grab car, gets jail​

BookmarkShare

Singapore

Man assaulted 'good Samaritan' who tried to return phone left by mistake in Grab car, gets jail​

The victim went back to Holland Village to return the phone, which belonged to the aggressor's wife, only to be met with an "unprovoked" beating that left him bedridden for weeks.
Man assaulted 'good Samaritan' who tried to return phone left by mistake in Grab car, gets jail

A man clenching his fist. (File photo: iStock)

Listen to this article
3 min
This audio is generated by an AI tool.

Lydia Lam
Lydia Lam
20 Dec 2023 06:14PM (Updated: 20 Dec 2023 06:17PM)
BookmarkShare

SINGAPORE: A couple got into the wrong Grab car and after realising their mistake, alighted from the vehicle, only to leave a phone behind.
When the man who originally booked the ride tried to return the phone, he was met with a beating instead that left him bedridden for weeks with broken bones.
The aggressor, 52-year-old Briton Mark Alan Edge, was sentenced to 13 months' jail on Tuesday (Dec 19) for one count of voluntarily causing grievous hurt, which he contested.
The court heard that Edge was with his wife along Holland Avenue on the night of Jul 12, 2020.
They were both drunk when they mistakenly boarded a Grab car that had been booked by the victim, a 62-year-old man labelled by the prosecution as a "good Samaritan".
When the couple realised they had taken the wrong car, they disembarked but Edge's wife left her phone in the back seat.
The victim then boarded the car. Edge later contacted the female Grab driver, who was already on her way to the drop-off destination, asking for the phone back.

GRAB DRIVER WAS AFRAID​

The Grab driver testified that she had asked the victim to accompany her back to Holland Village because Edge was drunk and she was afraid.
The victim agreed. However, when the vehicle got back to Holland Village, Edge sucker-punched the victim from behind and assaulted him repeatedly, fracturing his finger and eye socket.
Edge had formed the impression that the victim wanted to extort money from him in return for the phone.
Edge's wife testified for her husband, but said she could not remember the entire sequence of events. She alleged that the victim grabbed her husband from the back.
District Judge Luke Tan convicted Edge, saying he had punched the victim's face several times and pushed him to the ground.
The prosecution asked for 18 to 21 months' jail, inclusive of three months' jail in lieu of six strokes of the cane, and a compensation order of S$14,481.30 (US$10,900).
Deputy Public Prosecutor Michelle Tay said Edge had reciprocated the victim's kind gesture with a beating instead.
Edge's "unprovoked violent campaign" resulted in bone fractures, lacerations on the victim's face, hands and knees, black eyes, post-concussion syndrome and vertigo, said the prosecutor.
The victim, a director at Manulife Singapore, has taken up a civil suit against Edge. His medical expenses amount to S$14,481.30, according to the prosecution.
The judge declined to order compensation, saying the civil trial would be "the best forum" to decide the entire issue of compensation, damages or related matters.
For voluntarily causing grievous hurt, Edge could have been jailed for up to 10 years and fined. He cannot be caned as he is above 50

lostvirgin

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20231220-1457214
A drunk foreigner punched a 62-year-old taxi driver and pushed him to the ground. He continued to hit the driver until he knelt down. In the end, the driver suffered fractures to his face and fingers and had to undergo surgery. However, he escaped caning because he had just turned 50. Sentenced to 13 months in prison.

The defendant is British man Edge Mark Alan (Edge Mark Alan, 52), who faces one count of intentionally causing serious injury to another person.

According to the charge, the defendant injured a man, Tan Jianxing, at a taxi stand on Holland Road at around 11 pm on July 12, 2020. It was revealed in court that the victim was a 62-year-old taxi driver and the defendant was drunk at the time of the incident.

The defendant pleaded not guilty. After the trial of the case, the judge issued an oral ruling on Tuesday (December 19) and said that the defendant punched the victim for about five minutes. This process was captured on video by witnesses, although the video was only seven seconds long. However, it can be seen that the victim was beaten to the ground and the defendant still did not stop.

A woman present saw what happened and quickly called the police for help. The defendant continued to beat the victim, causing fractures to the victim's right eye frame and right little finger.

The prosecution stated that it believed the defendant should be sentenced to 15 to 18 months in prison and six strokes of the cane. However, since the defendant was over 50 years old, the prosecution requested that the defendant be jailed for an additional three months in lieu of caning.

The judge finally decided to sentence the defendant to 10 months in prison, plus three months in lieu of caning.

For the complete report, please read the Shin Min Daily News on December 20, 2023.

Oh dear, is this lost in translation?
Zaobao and CNA stories have different characters.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...eturn phone left,left him bedridden for weeks.