• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Central Narcotics Bureau chief hands over leadership to Gay

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
ngboongay-09.jpg

Criminal Investigation Department director Ng Boon Gay, 44, will take over the position of Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) chief from Mr Ng Seng Liang on 18 February 2011. -- PHOTO: MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS

AFTER six years as the chief of the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB), Mr Ng Seng Liang, 59, handed over the baton to the bureau's new leader on Wednesday in a ceremony held at the Police Cantonment Complex.

From Feb 18, Mr Ng Boon Gay, director CNB (designate), 44, will lead the anti-narcotics agency.

At the ceremony, the outgoing director handed over a gold-coloured mace to Mr Benny Lim, permanent secretary of the Ministry of Home Affairs, who then passed it on to the incoming director.

Said Mr Ng in his farewell speech: 'I feel very proud of my CNB officers. Together with them, we overcame many challenges.'

As the director of the bureau, he was instrumental in pushing the recognition of Subutex, or buprenorphine, as a controlled drug in Singapore.

The move allowed CNB to nab drug abusers who had turned to the substance to get high. Subutex was first introduced as a herion replacement drug for recovering addicts in 2002, but was eventually prohibited in 2006.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As the director of the bureau, he was instrumental in pushing the recognition of Subutex, or buprenorphine, as a controlled drug in Singapore.

The move allowed CNB to nab drug abusers who had turned to the substance to get high. Subutex was first introduced as a herion replacement drug for recovering addicts in 2002, but was eventually prohibited in 2006.

Isn't that part of his job scope? Nothing extra-ordinary in doing the minimum.

New director CNB has skeletons in his wardrobe. Was hauled up by CPIB together with another director of a police department and 3-4 Heads of Investigation in a recent probe. 1st class honours from NUS in Math on LMS.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

New director CNB has skeletons in his wardrobe. Was hauled up by CPIB together with another director of a police department and 3-4 Heads of Investigation in a recent probe. 1st class honours from NUS in Math on LMS.

Meaning he was not "clean" ?

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
New director CNB has skeletons in his wardrobe. Was hauled up by CPIB together with another director of a police department and 3-4 Heads of Investigation in a recent probe.

Alamak.... scarly Shanmugam come after you for bringing this matter out after they spend so much effort to "cover" the case....... this case very complicated that even the Dir CPIB was transferred out. :rolleyes:

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nope, he is very clean on $ matters. His skeleton refers to another activity. Still water runs deep. He is a man afterall. Got it?

Influential men in power always have lovers and mistresses in their harem.
Most chicks dig men in uniform ( or political power ) :wink:
Thakshin and Da Endorphine for example.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak.... scarly Shanmugam come after you for bringing this matter out after they spend so much effort to "cover" the case....... this case very complicated that even the Dir CPIB was transferred out. :rolleyes:

Previous director kena transferred out for two reasons - incompetency and another. Looks like a History degree from a top university is useless. He is now history.

Shanmugam? He also has skeletons in his cupboard. OSA? Only Shit Anyway is it?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Yeah lah, its pretty pathetic that the highlight of this joker's career is the banning of Sabutex. LOL. Got arrest any drug lords from the golden trianagle or not? after all, they are coming in and out of singapore all the time.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah lah, its pretty pathetic that the highlight of this joker's career is the banning of Sabutex. LOL. Got arrest any drug lords from the golden trianagle or not? after all, they are coming in and out of singapore all the time.

Very good points made. The chickens at SPH/ST always over-glorify insignificant acts when these bloody matters are just a part of the job scope. A person gets paid to work.

And if the Commissioner of ICA retires, say what? Lots of arrests of IIs and OSs during his stint? Or fewer arrests coz of efforts made to confront the problem?

The reality is, in the first potential statement, more raids leading to more arrests. In the second statement, less raids lead to less arrests. Simple as ABC kiam chye char roti.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak.... scarly Shanmugam come after you for bringing this matter out after they spend so much effort to "cover" the case....... this case very complicated that even the Dir CPIB was transferred out.
banner3.cgi
:rolleyes:

I remember this case. It was splashed on the front page of the TNP sometime in the middle of last year iirc. Strangely, no follow up on the case thereafter.

So there is a massive cover up in place? Maybe someone should write to the forum to check about this case. How can we allow corrupted officers to continue in the service??

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good points made. The chickens at SPH/ST always over-glorify insignificant acts when these bloody matters are just a part of the job scope. A person gets paid to work.

And if the Commissioner of ICA retires, say what? Lots of arrests of IIs and OSs during his stint? Or fewer arrests coz of efforts made to confront the problem?
banner3.cgi

The reality is, in the first potential statement, more raids leading to more arrests. In the second statement, less raids lead to less arrests. Simple as ABC kiam chye char roti.

No lah, the high points of his career will be
1) someone wanted by the police can walk across the causeway,
2) someone can go overseas using another person's passport,
3) someone wanted by ISD can swim across to Malaysia.

Excellent border control in my opinion.

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
SO WHAT HAPPENED IN THE INVESTIGATIONS CONDUCTED LAST YEAR?:confused:

Five senior police officers have been called up for corruption probe

By Vivien Chan
Tue, May 18, 2010
The New Paper

GRAFT-busters have launched a corruption probe involving some top cops, The New Paper on Sunday has learnt.

Sources said officers from the Corrupt Practices Investigations Bureau (CPIB) have called up five senior police officers for interviews.

Those who have given their statements include heads of investigation of police divisions, a Neighbourhood Police Centre commanding officer and the director of a police department.

It is normal practice to call up several witnesses when conducting an investigation, said retired police officers.

A former police investigator, who declined to be named, said: "Even when one person maybe a suspect, an investigator will have to call up five other witnesses.

"Giving a statement does not suggest guilt."

The CPIB is an independent body under the Prime Minister's Office and it investigates alleged corruption in the private and public sectors.

When contacted about the probe, a CPIB spokesman said: "We are unable to comment."

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
That kind of unclean I think all the brudders here also have. They are policemen and not saints. As long he can fight crimes and not corrupted then I'm fine with him. I cannot judge him from a high moral ground as I'm also a devil.

Nope, he is very clean on $ matters. His skeleton refers to another activity. Still water runs deep. He is a man afterall. Got it?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That kind of unclean I think all the brudders here also have. They are policemen and not saints. As long he can fight crimes and not corrupted then I'm fine with him. I cannot judge him from a high moral ground as I'm also a devil.

I opine public service and private sector employees are different. Nobody cares what you do when in the private sector. In the public sector, public servants are expected to lead a monk's lifestyle. If having ECAs is perfectly ok, why was Tan Eng Liang, then rated as PM material, asked to step down?

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If having ECAs is perfectly ok, why was Tan Eng Liang, then rated as PM material, asked to step down?

Ya lor......if it's OK why was ex-CP Goh asked to "early retirement" after it became known about his ECA with the 154th leeporter SuckMeKok Tan ?

Why was our Culture Minister JYT removed after a "visit to the Iban longhouse" ?

Why was LKY's right hand man LKC sent overseas to AhNoNeh land as ambassador ?

Why was LCO, who was the AngBeh to succeed LKY dropped like a hot potato ?

They all had the same ECA :p ...... this is just the tip of the iceberg as there were many others too..... now is not the time for expose....... perhaps another day another time...... pls buy my book :wink:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ya lor......if it's OK why was ex-CP Goh asked to "early retirement" after it became known about his ECA with the 154th leeporter SuckMeKok Tan ?

Why was our Culture Minister JYT removed after a "visit to the Iban longhouse" ?

Why was LKY's right hand man LKC sent overseas to AhNoNeh land as ambassador ?

Why was LCO, who was the AngBeh to succeed LKY dropped like a hot potato ?

They all had the same ECA :p ...... this is just the tip of the iceberg as there were many others too..... now is not the time for expose....... perhaps another day another time...... pls buy my book :wink:

LCO was for another matter. Nothing to do with ECA or his failure to gel with trade union leaders. The latter reason was highlighted to camouflage the real reason which wasn't pleasant at all. Many would be sacked or incarcerated. Stepping down was the most lenient option.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I opine public service and private sector employees are different. Nobody cares what you do when in the private sector. In the public sector, public servants are expected to lead a monk's lifestyle. If having ECAs is perfectly ok, why was Tan Eng Liang, then rated as PM material, asked to step down?
Hasn't that changed already when MM LKY adopted the new mind set to change Sinkapore into the lumber satu SIN city of the world.

I remember the Lau Lee of yesterday when he fired Francis Seow when it was reported that Francis walked across High Street with a lady who was not his wife,don't think it happens any more.

How about Minister Shan playing the field?promotion leh!I bet Shan's father in law must miss LKY of yesterday like HELL!