• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cantonese women can look for korean men. Language similarity

whistling

Stupidman
Loyal
may I ask then hokkien slutty woman look for who? AMDK boss like LJM? then if AMDK boss show no interest but prefer KTLatha, then become siaolangchee and harass sinkie men offline and online to revenge the rejection by AMDK boss LJM?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
may I ask then hokkien slutty woman look for who? AMDK boss like LJM? then if AMDK boss show no interest but prefer KTLatha, then become siaolangchee and harass sinkie men offline and online to revenge the rejection by AMDK boss LJM?
又再污蔑我的恩师。

无凭无据,穿凿附会.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hymen in korean: 결혼의 축가 gyeolhon-ui chugga or 처녀막 cheonyeomag (pop the cherry)

hymen in cuntonese: 處女膜

not the same.

A beautiful Korean lesson of the female anatomy.

okUi3YE.jpeg

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hakka also known in Chinese as Ker Jia , Jia is family and Ker is guest, indicating that the Hakka came by, and as courtesy, called as guest.

But Hakka is only one of the migratory pattern in China.

I added on my 2 bit worth of thought.

hakka-five-historical-migration-waves.png

Interesting map.

But I think the migration started much much earlier , but not shown.

I was working and living in South Korea, as Project Controller on the Bechtel High Speed Rail of South Korea in 89 .

In any country, I tried to pick up the language and at least command a rudimentary Korean to get by.

One expect a language to be similar in that region of the world.

I was surprised, stunned actually, to find Korean in speech most similar to Cantonese (I an ethnic Cantonese) . One would have thought Korean speech to be more closely related to Manchurian or Beijing (actually called Mandarin)

In Korea when I was in doubt to a place, I found by wording that place name in Cantonese, korean folks seemed to know and would direct me there.

Then I thought must be due to migration. That perhaps at one time, Cantonese speaking people were at Manchuria region just next to Korea.

Vast land mass of China allowed the Cantonese to go on south, but Korea did not have that option. Ended up trapped in Korean Peninsula , but retaining speech of Cantonese.

And Cantonese went on to more than Canton, or Guangzhou as said in Mandarin (or rather Beijing hua aka Beijing dialect)
But that another story.

I was truly dewildered by the Cantonese speaking Koreans. I can think of no other explanation than Cantonese passed by Korea on their migration, or being chased down by others with better kung fu
Cantonese did not stop at Canton but went on even further South.

During the Vietnam War in mid 60s, twiddling with shortwave radio I chanced onto Vietnamese radio. Could not make out what they saying. But the structure and the tones, and the chipped tones so much like Cantonese.

Later I found out Vietamese was actually Chinese and used Chinese characters.

The French with force of arm and bayonet changed that to romanised alphabets. Vietnamese had no choice but to comply

On language

I like to illustrate some of the differences between the bastardised jian ti zi and the traditional Chinese fan ti zi.

Introduced by Mao Tse Tung to burn out the roots of chinese. Burning Chinese books to preven chinese from knowing their roots were too impractical for him as those words were carved into granite stone steles and walls of too many temples.

So abacadabra! Jian Ti Zi were invented.

Here is one such phrase traditional Fan Ti Zi (斬草不除根,春風吹又生)
bastardised chinese jian ti ji 斩草不除根,春风吹又生)

Noticed how the X & X & X got introduced? And where X not introduced, radicals were ommitted or changed. Many words were so simple that Xs and ommissions not done.

Above in hanyu pinyin (excuse me for using hanyu pin yin, later you will know why I detest using hanyu pinyin )
That phrase meant "Chopping grass and not pulling up by the roots, when spring wind blow, the grass will grow again "

A poetical turn of words. Which meant when the Emperor declared 3 generations and relatives of that deemed criminal will be executed.

Bread is mian bao or in fan ti ji, 麵包

麵 showed the radicals for grass/crop on the left side

This is what it look like in bastardised jian ti zi 面包

No Xs introduced. Root radicals just thrown away into the dustbin

Hair on your head is tou fa 頭髮

Hair on your head in bastardised jian ti ji is 头发

chop chop chop instead of x & x & x

No wonder my Chinese undergrad tutor shook her head and told me she could not read the old chinese words on granite steles whereas I could guess the meanings and the Japanese tourists next to me read those with joy and happiness.

No wonder gwai los and lau wais cursed and complained the difficulties of reading Chinese when they got bastardised jian ti ji taught by people grown up in jian ti ji to teach them.

Like people trying to read Shakespeare in England after they got a course in pidgin Ingleesh in Papua New Guinea.

Of course, your choice to get into Chinese via jian ti ji or Fan ti ji, or even to continue your Chinese journey in jian ti ji. I am sure there will be Japanese tourists or Korean tourists visting the temples and old granite steles happy to explain to your what they are reading. Hope you have your Japanese/Korean dictionary handy.

While China existed many many thousands of years, it was acknowledged that Chin Shi Huang Di, the first emperor of China unified China, unified the weights and measures, and kind of unified the written Chinese into current day fan ti ji Chinese. To try to make people forget the past and not used the past as measure against his rule, he buried 460 scholars alive in addition to burning books that he deemed not suitable and any caught with forbidden books got buried alive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qin_Shi_Huang

Mao Zedong, chairman of the People's Republic of China, was reviled for his persecution of intellectuals. On being compared to the First Emperor, Mao responded: "He buried 460 scholars alive; we have buried forty-six thousand scholars alive... You [intellectuals] revile us for being Qin Shi Huangs. You are wrong. We have surpassed Qin Shi Huang a hundredfold. When you berate us for imitating his despotism, we are happy to agree! Your mistake was that you did not say so enough."[91]

While the written Chinese language existed through China and beyond, there were no single spoken Chinese language even though they all used the same written language.

So you have Cantonese used in Canton, Fujianese used in Fujian, Shanghainese used in Shanghai, Sechwanese used in Sechwan , etc etc etc .

The troubles in North Ireland was a kindergarten party compared to China clan wars between different language or clan groups. Taiping uprising was more a clan warfare even if that leader claimed to be the brother of Jesus. Ethnic cleansing in Balkans, deaths of American Civil Wars, Napoleanic wars combined together might match the deaths of China Clans wars in 1700s and 1800s

When Dr Sun Yat Sen won and came into power in 1912, he decided a single acceptable nation wide spoken language must be in place for China. With the kind of back drop as I explained, no way in hell will Cantonese accept Fujianese as the national spoken language. Or Shanghainese accept Shandongnese or Fujianese accept Cantonese. That meeting for common spoken Chinese did not seem to go anywere. Then Beijinese was proposed as the National Language. Since Beijinese was spoken only by a few millions around the area of Bei jin, and that was not the spoken dialect of their rivals, everyone agreed to accept Beijinese as the National spoken language of China or national language or 國 語 .

Which is the reason why the Chinese language you spend so many years and money and handfuls of wet coarse grit on in your language courses can only be understood by your teachers and fellow students and incomprehensible once you move about China.

Vietnam used the same Chinese characters and Vietnamese is actually a dialect of Chinese.
Then the French Imperial Colonizers came. To force Vietnamese from their roots, the French Colonial Powers forced the Romanizing of Vietnamese, slaughtering thousands who tried to resist. As the same sound might be 30 different words, all clearly known by the written form with proper radicals, romanizing of the sound meant you need to use memory to know the context of the sentences before you can guess the meaning of that word or particular sound. Which is why Vietnamese is on the the most difficult language to learn and get into now.

Korea used the Chinese characters, known in Korea as Hanja (just as Japanese Kanji ) . in other words is Han Zi or Chinese Words. Until Korean King Sejong the Great in 15th century invented, or cause to invent, the Korean script based on sounds. Since the King is the closest to Heaven , and Korea is a relatively small area and koreans speak the same way, that was implementable. But if you ever received a name card from a Korean, his or her name will inevitably by written in chinese characters. Those chinese characters will also be seen carved in stone steles and on the walls of their temples. Sorry, Koreans will rather drop dead then to use the bastardised jian ti ji so loved by lauwais trying to get into chinese.

In Japan, in addition to the Kanji, the Japanese used the kana, a phonetically representative of sound. You might like to know as a sound can mean 20 to 30 different words, Interestingly enough, this kana is like the chuyin fuhao (bopomofo) used traditionally by Chinese to teach their kids the sounds of Chinese words. This is discarded when kids are big unlike me.

Until present days.

This bopomofo is the means in which chinese words are entered into hand phones and PCs.
Non of those crap about using keyboards of a thousand keys to frighten people into using jian ti ji.

Where there cannot be any ambiguity such as Japanese contract, that contract will be totally written in kanji, or han zi. And japanese will drop dead first before using jian ti zi.

Mao Tze Tung not satisfied with burying 46,000 scholars alive, he wanted to make sure even the little that jian ti ji represented Chinese be totally destroyed , he wanted to coup de grace Chinese totally .

He got the Hanyu Pinyin developed to be the burial shroud of Chinese language. Hanyu Pinyin was designed to totally replace the written form of Chinese so that jian ti ji will not even be used.

So that all Chinese in China, after they were reverted to state of semi illiteracy with jian ti ji, will be totally illiterate in having to use Hanyu PinYin so no way could they refer to old writings to compare M T T against.

There can be more similarity between German and English in spoken language then between different chinese dialects. The screams against Hanyu pin yin to replace Chinese written characters became such a storm that Mao had to back down. It might be easier to get the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra to play Horst Wessel Lied or to get Americans to accept GOD SAVE THE QUEEN as American National Anthem.

Hanyu Pin Yin lingered on largely and entirely due to lauwais keeping that refrain alive to this day as their crutch into learning of Chinese.

So folks leaning on Hanyu Pin Yin to learn chinese might love that they using what was intended as burial shroud of Chinese language to prance about in.

Which is why I normally used my mental English version of how the chinese word sound instead of hanyu pin yin. Of course , in Ctrl C V , you then and only then, see the Hanjyu Pinyin from me. That seemed to be the case in Taiwan. Within a couple of km from each other, the same road signs to the same destination written in Chinese will have the phonetics in 5-6 different English forms. In Taiwan, nobody paid any heed to English words. Those lauwais who know also do not pay heed to English words either. Only those righteous ones demand the words to be written correctly (whatever is correct) and the rest of Taiwanese just get on with life.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hakka also known in Chinese as Ker Jia , Jia is family and Ker is guest, indicating that the Hakka came by, and as courtesy, called as guest.

But Hakka is only one of the migratory pattern in China.

I added on my 2 bit worth of thought.

hakka-five-historical-migration-waves.png

Interesting map.

But I think the migration started much much earlier , but not shown.

I was working and living in South Korea, as Project Controller on the Bechtel High Speed Rail of South Korea in 89 .

In any country, I tried to pick up the language and at least command a rudimentary Korean to get by.

One expect a language to be similar in that region of the world.

I was surprised, stunned actually, to find Korean in speech most similar to Cantonese (I an ethnic Cantonese) . One would have thought Korean speech to be more closely related to Manchurian or Beijing (actually called Mandarin)

In Korea when I was in doubt to a place, I found by wording that place name in Cantonese, korean folks seemed to know and would direct me there.

Then I thought must be due to migration. That perhaps at one time, Cantonese speaking people were at Manchuria region just next to Korea.

Vast land mass of China allowed the Cantonese to go on south, but Korea did not have that option. Ended up trapped in Korean Peninsula , but retaining speech of Cantonese.

And Cantonese went on to more than Canton, or Guangzhou as said in Mandarin (or rather Beijing hua aka Beijing dialect)
But that another story.

I was truly dewildered by the Cantonese speaking Koreans. I can think of no other explanation than Cantonese passed by Korea on their migration, or being chased down by others with better kung fu
Cantonese did not stop at Canton but went on even further South.

During the Vietnam War in mid 60s, twiddling with shortwave radio I chanced onto Vietnamese radio. Could not make out what they saying. But the structure and the tones, and the chipped tones so much like Cantonese.

Later I found out Vietamese was actually Chinese and used Chinese characters.

The French with force of arm and bayonet changed that to romanised alphabets. Vietnamese had no choice but to comply

On language

I like to illustrate some of the differences between the bastardised jian ti zi and the traditional Chinese fan ti zi.

Introduced by Mao Tse Tung to burn out the roots of chinese. Burning Chinese books to preven chinese from knowing their roots were too impractical for him as those words were carved into granite stone steles and walls of too many temples.

So abacadabra! Jian Ti Zi were invented.

Here is one such phrase traditional Fan Ti Zi (斬草不除根,春風吹又生)
bastardised chinese jian ti ji 斩草不除根,春风吹又生)

Noticed how the X & X & X got introduced? And where X not introduced, radicals were ommitted or changed. Many words were so simple that Xs and ommissions not done.

Above in hanyu pinyin (excuse me for using hanyu pin yin, later you will know why I detest using hanyu pinyin )
That phrase meant "Chopping grass and not pulling up by the roots, when spring wind blow, the grass will grow again "

A poetical turn of words. Which meant when the Emperor declared 3 generations and relatives of that deemed criminal will be executed.

Bread is mian bao or in fan ti ji, 麵包

麵 showed the radicals for grass/crop on the left side

This is what it look like in bastardised jian ti zi 面包

No Xs introduced. Root radicals just thrown away into the dustbin

Hair on your head is tou fa 頭髮

Hair on your head in bastardised jian ti ji is 头发

chop chop chop instead of x & x & x

No wonder my Chinese undergrad tutor shook her head and told me she could not read the old chinese words on granite steles whereas I could guess the meanings and the Japanese tourists next to me read those with joy and happiness.

No wonder gwai los and lau wais cursed and complained the difficulties of reading Chinese when they got bastardised jian ti ji taught by people grown up in jian ti ji to teach them.

Like people trying to read Shakespeare in England after they got a course in pidgin Ingleesh in Papua New Guinea.

Of course, your choice to get into Chinese via jian ti ji or Fan ti ji, or even to continue your Chinese journey in jian ti ji. I am sure there will be Japanese tourists or Korean tourists visting the temples and old granite steles happy to explain to your what they are reading. Hope you have your Japanese/Korean dictionary handy.

While China existed many many thousands of years, it was acknowledged that Chin Shi Huang Di, the first emperor of China unified China, unified the weights and measures, and kind of unified the written Chinese into current day fan ti ji Chinese. To try to make people forget the past and not used the past as measure against his rule, he buried 460 scholars alive in addition to burning books that he deemed not suitable and any caught with forbidden books got buried alive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qin_Shi_Huang

Mao Zedong, chairman of the People's Republic of China, was reviled for his persecution of intellectuals. On being compared to the First Emperor, Mao responded: "He buried 460 scholars alive; we have buried forty-six thousand scholars alive... You [intellectuals] revile us for being Qin Shi Huangs. You are wrong. We have surpassed Qin Shi Huang a hundredfold. When you berate us for imitating his despotism, we are happy to agree! Your mistake was that you did not say so enough."[91]

While the written Chinese language existed through China and beyond, there were no single spoken Chinese language even though they all used the same written language.

So you have Cantonese used in Canton, Fujianese used in Fujian, Shanghainese used in Shanghai, Sechwanese used in Sechwan , etc etc etc .

The troubles in North Ireland was a kindergarten party compared to China clan wars between different language or clan groups. Taiping uprising was more a clan warfare even if that leader claimed to be the brother of Jesus. Ethnic cleansing in Balkans, deaths of American Civil Wars, Napoleanic wars combined together might match the deaths of China Clans wars in 1700s and 1800s

When Dr Sun Yat Sen won and came into power in 1912, he decided a single acceptable nation wide spoken language must be in place for China. With the kind of back drop as I explained, no way in hell will Cantonese accept Fujianese as the national spoken language. Or Shanghainese accept Shandongnese or Fujianese accept Cantonese. That meeting for common spoken Chinese did not seem to go anywere. Then Beijinese was proposed as the National Language. Since Beijinese was spoken only by a few millions around the area of Bei jin, and that was not the spoken dialect of their rivals, everyone agreed to accept Beijinese as the National spoken language of China or national language or 國 語 .

Which is the reason why the Chinese language you spend so many years and money and handfuls of wet coarse grit on in your language courses can only be understood by your teachers and fellow students and incomprehensible once you move about China.

Vietnam used the same Chinese characters and Vietnamese is actually a dialect of Chinese.
Then the French Imperial Colonizers came. To force Vietnamese from their roots, the French Colonial Powers forced the Romanizing of Vietnamese, slaughtering thousands who tried to resist. As the same sound might be 30 different words, all clearly known by the written form with proper radicals, romanizing of the sound meant you need to use memory to know the context of the sentences before you can guess the meaning of that word or particular sound. Which is why Vietnamese is on the the most difficult language to learn and get into now.

Korea used the Chinese characters, known in Korea as Hanja (just as Japanese Kanji ) . in other words is Han Zi or Chinese Words. Until Korean King Sejong the Great in 15th century invented, or cause to invent, the Korean script based on sounds. Since the King is the closest to Heaven , and Korea is a relatively small area and koreans speak the same way, that was implementable. But if you ever received a name card from a Korean, his or her name will inevitably by written in chinese characters. Those chinese characters will also be seen carved in stone steles and on the walls of their temples. Sorry, Koreans will rather drop dead then to use the bastardised jian ti ji so loved by lauwais trying to get into chinese.

In Japan, in addition to the Kanji, the Japanese used the kana, a phonetically representative of sound. You might like to know as a sound can mean 20 to 30 different words, Interestingly enough, this kana is like the chuyin fuhao (bopomofo) used traditionally by Chinese to teach their kids the sounds of Chinese words. This is discarded when kids are big unlike me.

Until present days.

This bopomofo is the means in which chinese words are entered into hand phones and PCs.
Non of those crap about using keyboards of a thousand keys to frighten people into using jian ti ji.

Where there cannot be any ambiguity such as Japanese contract, that contract will be totally written in kanji, or han zi. And japanese will drop dead first before using jian ti zi.

Mao Tze Tung not satisfied with burying 46,000 scholars alive, he wanted to make sure even the little that jian ti ji represented Chinese be totally destroyed , he wanted to coup de grace Chinese totally .

He got the Hanyu Pinyin developed to be the burial shroud of Chinese language. Hanyu Pinyin was designed to totally replace the written form of Chinese so that jian ti ji will not even be used.

So that all Chinese in China, after they were reverted to state of semi illiteracy with jian ti ji, will be totally illiterate in having to use Hanyu PinYin so no way could they refer to old writings to compare M T T against.

There can be more similarity between German and English in spoken language then between different chinese dialects. The screams against Hanyu pin yin to replace Chinese written characters became such a storm that Mao had to back down. It might be easier to get the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra to play Horst Wessel Lied or to get Americans to accept GOD SAVE THE QUEEN as American National Anthem.

Hanyu Pin Yin lingered on largely and entirely due to lauwais keeping that refrain alive to this day as their crutch into learning of Chinese.

So folks leaning on Hanyu Pin Yin to learn chinese might love that they using what was intended as burial shroud of Chinese language to prance about in.

Which is why I normally used my mental English version of how the chinese word sound instead of hanyu pin yin. Of course , in Ctrl C V , you then and only then, see the Hanjyu Pinyin from me. That seemed to be the case in Taiwan. Within a couple of km from each other, the same road signs to the same destination written in Chinese will have the phonetics in 5-6 different English forms. In Taiwan, nobody paid any heed to English words. Those lauwais who know also do not pay heed to English words either. Only those righteous ones demand the words to be written correctly (whatever is correct) and the rest of Taiwanese just get on with life.
Very interesting.
Influence could be from sea trade as Cantonese were traders and Guangzhou was a trading port. Apart from Quanzhou which lies in Fujian.
We know middle Eastern and indian traders were active in both ports.
I saw a Korean movie once where a ancient Korean port scene included people dressed up like middle Eastern. So Indian and arab traders were probably active all along the eastern coast of China up to Korea. Who knows.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hanor, even got rejected while dressing like a slut to lure ljm, who then complained to kt latha who took one look at siaolang and then had a pui-pui moment :eek:

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very interesting.
Influence could be from sea trade as Cantonese were traders and Guangzhou was a trading port. Apart from Quanzhou which lies in Fujian.
We know middle Eastern and indian traders were active in both ports.
I saw a Korean movie once where a ancient Korean port scene included people dressed up like middle Eastern. So Indian and arab traders were probably active all along the eastern coast of China up to Korea. Who knows.
Koream ships actcheerie use Arabian Sail design

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal

This will show how important and vital the use of Chinese as the golden band, the tightening band and prohibition band are all said the same way in Chinese , and I guess in Vietnames and I guess in Korean.
It is only the words that showed they are so different even when said the same way.
Just watch and enjoy the pretty lady explaining that

Screenshot 2024-09-17 011003.png

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pui you Cantonese dog son of SELF ADMITTED DIRTY SLUT 小三ADULTERER everyday hide in rat hole 无中生有do defamation crimes to Gansiokbin spamming lies non stop when I already detailed everything clearly and said I never talk to LJ McCully beyond work Pui!